Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

ShiddyArze wrote: »
    Rain usually is the weather you'd wear a coat in..

What a good point, i meant i was not far from his area, which i think is dunshauglin, and there wasnt much rain, then i traveled home, and the weather was as i posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

fryup wrote: »
    so where this hot weather they (M E) promised ? :mad:

cloudy wet and cold here in clare

Where they promised it, in the northwest ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

The damp ocassional rain of this morning was replaced by constant rain this afternoon with some heavier bursts. Total 10.7mm as of now adding to 17.3mm yesterday.
    I had my fears of this outcome when looking at Sat images from a few days ago and seeing the stream of cloud coming this way. When it comes down to it, pressure is just not high enough for any sort of decent settled spell. Hopefully this will change with a pressure build from the North.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Nice here around Tralee this morning /early afternoon with some good breaks in the cloud, completly overcast now though with the cloud literally sitting on the ground and beginning to rain heavily.

Fenit, Co Kerry

Ol2mVk3.jpg?1

Was cloudy for all but 5 minutes of the day here in Clare.

Tomorrow might be sunnier :P Max temp of 19.4c.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Charmed existence in Arklow today
    Dull but no rain (yet)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Pouring here near Tralee now, 7mm in the last hour.

Very dull .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Raining all day Saturday Sunday night all day yesterday and all day today.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

...yet...

That's the key word in your post! Give it 5 minutes. :)

Moderate rain in Dublin now.

They weren't the only ones who promised it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

19.4C currently in Castlebar, nicest it has been all day, although it was warm it was very overcast and muggy for most of the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's in Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

In Leitrim. Stunning day yesterday. Lovely today, more cloud but still warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

A nice sunny and quite warm interval around 14:00 - 16:30 but other than that, awful day here with nearly 16mm of rainfall - on and off rainfall. But I am not complaining much with the unsettled weather as I usually do because it's warmer than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry with clear skies and nice warm evening sunshine in castlebar, 17.3 degrees currently. Calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I would imagine the rainfall totals over the South are quite high the last couple of days.
    Surely we are v close to yellow warning territory and am surprised it wasn't issued.

I think people in cork are a bit bemused about why met eireann kept on about heat and 20 plus degrees coming.
    Ok it's mainly the south but when you think the 2 largest cities outside of Dublin are affected by this inclement weather you would expect a bit less of the 'fine in Dublin, fine everywhere' theme

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Dublin it's affected too, howling up a storm outside at the minute and it's lashing it down. It's like a weak winter storm!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Beautiful, summery, balmy evening here in the wesht. A stiff breeze picking up but still very warm at 16c. We haven't done too badly at all from this spell of weather in this part of the country with 25.4c being recorded at Belmullet yesterday, which is not only warmer than anything recorded at that station last summer, but its highest temp since July 2013.

No complaints from me.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

and out of nowhere a heavy shower-Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Breezy and lashing rain in north meath now after a grand evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭jfSDAS

Some pictures of Cumulus Congestus cloud overlooking Lough Derg and Dromineer last Sunday afternoon from 5pm onwards. The "saucer" shaped caps on the cloud tops is called Pileus and are known as accessory clouds. Really dramatic to see these develop. The cumulus pushed through the pileus to create "collars" too. From "The Cloud Collector's Handbook": Pileus can appear as large convection clouds develop upward and encounter a moist stable airstream blowing above. This is forced to rise by the vigorous currents surging up the centre of the cloud below, cooling it just enough for some of its moisture to condense into droplets. These evaporate as the airflow sinks back down again past the convection cloud.

Album ... https://picasaweb.google.com/117656205360694095909/6283326227437500209?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPmygsSs7aPFPQ&feat=directlink

cumulus4.jpg

Had became sunny here in the battle between fog cloud and blue sky.

Exceptionally overcast day here with 0 hours of sunshine so far and now it has suddenly began to rain at Grange. Three horrible days in a row!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Overcast today in Castlebar and the coldest day since Saturday at 14.1C, very humid again at 92%.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭ShiddyArze

Heavy overcast here all morning, very dark Sky don't know how its not raining.. It is the nicest day of the last few weeks though, its about 15c with no breeze at all

At least Spring 2015 had an exceptionally sunny April. This Spring 2016 certainly hasn't lived up to it at all.

March: Quite average overall but rather wet, cool and sunny.
    April: Exceptionally sunny and mostly dry with variable temperatures.
    May: Extremely wet, cold and dull.

March: Dry, cool and sunny.
    April: Variable rainfall and sunshine but very cold.
    May: Rather dull, mild and wet so far.

We are definitely overdue a good Summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Jpmarn wrote: »
    Thunderstorm fans will be disappointed tonight.

There was forecasts for some thunder yesterday evening. There was none except for a strike or two in West Cork. Thunder is mentioned in the forecasts this evening and tonight especially in the south west. It would be exciting if met Eireann issue an Orange warning for thunderstorms. The warning would have to be near the scale of that classic night back in July 1985.

It's so dull here today that the street lights are on all day in some areas.whilst it's stopped raining it's very dull gloomy with a temp of 15 degrees. When's this heatwave meant to end?

Sun came out there and temp got up to 20.2c, sitting out to enjoy it while its there. West Clare

• Advertisement

Raining heavily since 5.15pm.

Advertisement