Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Clear skies in Castlebar with nice warm sunshine , light north easterly breeze.1016-steady.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Could this potentially be my first year since 2011 with all the first 5 months of the year sunnier than normal?

January: 75 hours (167% of the LTA)
    February: 80 hours (114% of the LTA)
    March: 125 hours (137% of the LTA)
    April: 169 hours (117% of the LTA)
    May: 81 hours so far (45% of the LTA) - near the middle of the month and the weekend looks quite sunny, so it will shoot up!

Could it also be my first Spring since 2012 with all three months sunnier than normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Could this potentially be my first year since 2011 with all the first 5 months of the year sunnier than normal?

January: 75 hours (167% of the LTA)
    February: 80 hours (114% of the LTA)
    March: 125 hours (137% of the LTA)
    April: 169 hours (117% of the LTA)
    May: 81 hours so far (45% of the LTA) - near the middle of the month and the weekend looks quite sunny, so it will shoot up!

Could it also be my first Spring since 2012 with all three months sunnier than normal?

It could but that would have you believe we had a nice Spring but in reality we didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

After a fabulous day its now raining in Cork:(

It could but that would have you believe we had a nice Spring but in reality we didn't.

Just like how Spring 2012 was horrible - though March in that Spring was as good as it could get in Ireland, it was absolutely magnificent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

glorious nasa image for today
    IMG_20160513_155824.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

Still beautiful in Tralee. It's been fabulous all day. :D

I recorded a whopper of 15.4 hours of sunshine today, my sunniest day in May since 2010 and sunniest day since June 2010.

Very cloudy end to the day here. Zero sunset to be seen still lovely and balmy but is this a sign of some kind of change after 1.5 nice days?

Very cloudy end to the day here. Zero sunset to be seen still lovely and balmy but is this a sign of some kind of change after 1.5 nice days?

I don't really care because it's nightime :pac:

• Advertisement

I don't really care because it's nightime :pac:

Agreed but last nights sunset you just knew today was going to be a beaut. Different jam tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

yep thundershowers for Munster 2nite apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

As good as the last six days have been, would love a good thunderstorm tonight to break up the humidity.

Xenji wrote: »
    As good as the last six days have been, would love a good thunderstorm tonight to break up the humidity.

Its only been good in these parts since lunchtime yesterday so id be hoping for a bit more of today.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭ShiddyArze

sryanbruen wrote:
    I recorded a whopper of 15.4 hours of sunshine today, my sunniest day in May since 2010 and sunniest day since June 2010.

Really, There was no day in June 13 or 14 with more sunshine than today? Where are you based

Bit of a disappointing start to the day here. Noticeably cooler at 10 degrees and very cloudy no sun. Hopefully it will improve because we've only had a day and a half of nice weather here so far.

ShiddyArze wrote: »
    Really, There was no day in June 13 or 14 with more sunshine than today? Where are you based

No I meant like all my time sunniest day record was set in June 2010.

Bit of a disappointing start to the day here. Noticeably cooler at 10 degrees and very cloudy no sun. Hopefully it will improve because we've only had a day and a half of nice weather here so far.

It is blue skies here all over again!

It is blue skies here all over again!

Sun starting to come out now thankfully.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Big temp change today and it feels it. Currently it's 13.9c with some sunny breaks. This time yesterday it was in the low twenties.
    A case of putting those shorts back in the press for another while 😀

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Tis very very warm feeling in east galway !
    Hopefully I won't be unlucky with a rogue shower for BBQ like I was on FRiDAY the 13th !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another beautiful day here, still cool enough similar to yesterday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Not bad here in Tralee, cloudy but sun poking through at times giving some hazy sunshine. 16.6C which is also the high so far today but feeling warmer in 80% RH , light breeze prdominatly from WSW but going more N now.

Gone very cloudy here☹️Really was hoping for a continuation of yesterday but typically not to be. This part of the country has been badly served by this spell of weather. Next week isn't looking good either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Lovely day in Castlebar, very similar to yesterday with nice blue skies, 18.3C.

Only 14c in Dublin? Ah here... it's roasting here with a max. of 18.1c. I truly do have a micro climate :pac:.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Only 14c in Dublin? Ah here... it's roasting here with a max. of 18.1c. I truly do have a micro climate :pac:.

Maybe your thermo is stuck in the sun! :pac:

Lovely day this side of the city, but only 13.1c atm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Windy and wet at times next week with fronts passing over the country coming from the Atlantic and Met Eireann signaling Fri as a possible very wet day.

jLpBraH.png?1

With this coming week's wet weather, I will have my successful 7th consecutive wet month (March was exactly average so I'm counting that). And I thought May was only going to have between 21-29mm here, I was well wrong.

My equal longest period of wetter than normal months was from April - October 2012 and December 1993 - May 1994 (6 months). I am going to break this record!

I had 24 months with below average temperatures from 2001-2009.
    I have had 38 months with below average temperatures during the 2010s so far.

^ What a difference

Plus:

I had 2 colder than normal Springs from 2001-2009.
    I have had 4 colder than normal Springs during the 2010s so far (counting 2016).

Very interesting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Some clouds this morning but this afternoon has been brilliantly clear.

Advertisement