Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Fine heavy shower just passed in Dooradoyle, Limerick. Lots of people sprinted for cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Shower activity struggling to make inroads here, been sunny most of the day so far. Some nice cbs popping so might get a decent shower later. Ensembles look decent for the next few weeks - hopefully we'll get above average temperatures

graphe3_1000_116_36___.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Just started lashing at Grange here for the first time today. Yesterday's showers were still heavier though.

Okay I take it back. Now the hailstones are bashing against me window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Okay I take it back. Now the hailstones are bashing against me window.

22nd May and on top of that you've Madswn and the tabloids telling people there's a heatwave on the way. Reminds me of comical Ali during the gulf war.

• Advertisement

Genie mac that thunder scared me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

We have somehow dodged the showers here today, its been fairly warm dry and sunny inbetween some cloudy periods.

I know theres been showers close to us because i got caught out in one on the bike earlier, but not a drop has fallen here at home

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

nice thunderstorm here about an hour ago, the only bad thing about it was losing the electricity for over an hour, just back on now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

No Thunder here in Kerry as far as I know but a few heavy local showers alright. Nice bright and breezy for the most part back West around Dingle. Great action on Ceann Sibeal at the Star Wars set with smoke effects going off and what looks like loads of actors on the hillside as if in a battle scene and overhead Helicopters whizzing around. Great visibility with sharp colours in the low humidity from the NW'ly wind.

l76Z18m.jpg

22nd May and on top of that you've Madswn and the tabloids telling people there's a heatwave on the way. Reminds me of comical Ali during the gulf war.

To be fair, thunderstorms are more common in the summer months, and hail is a product of thunderstorms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

Carnacalla wrote: »
    To be fair, thunderstorms are more common in the summer months, and hail is a product of thunderstorms.

Thunderstorms are the product of hailstones.

511 wrote: »
    Thunderstorms are the product of hailstones.

You can have thunderstorms without hail can you not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

Carnacalla wrote: »
    You can have thunderstorms without hail can you not?

No, it's hailstones colliding against each other that causes the lightning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭cute geoge

No Thunder here in Kerry as far as I know but a few heavy local showers alright. Nice bright and breezy for the most part back West around Dingle. Great action on Ceann Sibeal at the Star Wars set with smoke effects going off and what looks like loads of actors on the hillside as if in a battle seen and overhead Helicopters whizzing around. Great visibility with sharp colours in the low humidity from the NW'ly wind.

l76Z18m.jpg

That is A1 top drawer scenery
    I would not be well traveled infact rerely pass the county bounds but the scenery at slea head looking at the blaskets and the views of mt.brandon on the conor pass road on a fine day is also breathtaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Was in thurles at the hurling today another truly appalling day. May not really amounting to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Pretty nice Start to the day in castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

Pretty lovely in Limerick too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

sumtings wrote: »
    Pretty lovely in Limerick too.

Not too shabby in Galway city either :)

386645.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Currently just 19.4C in Castlebar, the UV index reached high for parts of the day, first time it has reached this level this year.

This week coming is not looking good for my area :(.

Wednesday: Very cloudy and cool.
    Thursday: Very cloudy and cold - very cold for late May.
    Friday: Showers and milder.
    Saturday: Showers.
    Sunday: Showers.

Not liking this at all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

sryanbruen wrote: »
    This week coming is not looking good for my area :(.

Wednesday: Very cloudy and cool.
    Thursday: Very cloudy and cold - very cold for late May.
    Friday: Showers and milder.
    Saturday: Showers.
    Sunday: Showers.

Not liking this at all...
    It's posted like these that really make me enjoy so much that I lived moved away from the east coast to a slightly more inland location. Having said that, I do miss the fact that living almost on the east coast meant there was more sunshine however in the warmth versus sunshine debate, warmth wins in for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Wasn't a bad day on the east coast.

Dry and sunny for the most part.

highdef wrote: »
    It's posted like these that really make me enjoy so much that I lived moved away from the east coast to a slightly more inland location. Having said that, I do miss the fact that living almost on the east coast meant there was more sunshine however in the warmth versus sunshine debate, warmth wins in for me

I'm the opposite, sunshine wins for me :P

Dry, warm, very sunny (except for about an hour around 4pm) and light winds today, max temp of 20.3c.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭ShiddyArze

Coming home tomorrow, I'm hoping for a bit of cool and wet weather in South West Munster, any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

ShiddyArze wrote: »
    Coming home tomorrow, I'm hoping for a bit of cool and wet weather in South West Munster, any chance?

No. Won't be hot but won't cool either.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭ShiddyArze

LEIN wrote:
    No. Won't be hot but won't cool either.

Didn't think I'd have to bring the suncream home with me.. Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

That's a terrific capture of a relatively rare cloud type known as 'Cirrostratus undulatus'.

New Moon

Not a bad day at all as it was meant to be here at Grange. Sunny intervals and it is feeling quite pleasant - though I can still feel that chilly easterly breeze.

• Advertisement

17.7c here in West Clare. Gets up to 19c in extended sunshine. Feeling slightly cool (but bareable in a T-shirt in the breeze without the sun, but in the sun its quite pleasant!

Advertisement