Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is VHI actually needed

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭Markcheese

RainyDay wrote:
    It's like any insurance really. Do you bother with life insurance, or house insurance?

Know what you're saying, but in this case you are largely covered by the public system ... and if an x-ray or scan is the delaying factor in getting into the system you can get that privatly for a couple of hundred ...
    If you dont have house insurance/flood insurance you could be fecked , unless theres mass flooding in an election year.

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Hi Boggerballs,

You seem to be paying a lot for health insurance with the vhi. I have some experience in this area. Could you tell me what plan your on and what plan you have the children on with Vhi.

Could I ask would you be happy to pay an excess if you were to go to hospital?
    Would you like a private room in the mater private or would you be happy with a semi private room in a private hospital like St Vincents?
    What cover would be important to you - ie is there a history of cancer/heart trouble in the family?

Adults and children can be on different plans as your child won't be seen say in the Blackrock clinic. Also some plans that pay for day to day cover can be more expensive.

If you give me some information I can look up the www.hia.ie website and see what plans could suit you. Could I ask when is your policy up for renewal? The reason is that if you change policies during the year the companies can charage you for doing this.

Advertisement