Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quarterly Fees Question

Options
  • 14-02-2016 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a personal current account with yourselves, but it's not my main account - that's with another bank. Anyway, up until recently i've had a graduate account, but now that it's a regular current account, I've to start paying these quarterly fees. So what I want to know is, if I don't really use the account, and just lodge and withdraw the odd tenner here and there, will I still have to pay the 5euro quarterly fees? Or do i just pay for each individual transaction? Because I would like to keep the account open, but not if I'll have to pay 5euro every quarter! And I also have a debit card, which I never use... Can I get rid of it, to save paying 5euro a year? Or just get an ATM card, which is 2.50 a year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

GlowStick wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a personal current account with yourselves, but it's not my main account - that's with another bank. Anyway, up until recently i've had a graduate account, but now that it's a regular current account, I've to start paying these quarterly fees. So what I want to know is, if I don't really use the account, and just lodge and withdraw the odd tenner here and there, will I still have to pay the 5euro quarterly fees? Or do i just pay for each individual transaction? Because I would like to keep the account open, but not if I'll have to pay 5euro every quarter! And I also have a debit card, which I never use... Can I get rid of it, to save paying 5euro a year? Or just get an ATM card, which is 2.50 a year?

Hi GlowStick,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We will not charge you quarterly transaction fees if you maintain a minimum balance of €3,000 in your account throughout the full fee quarter, however, please be advised that you will still be charged the €5 quarterly maintenance fee. Please see here for more info on fees and charges. 

We have more information on the Government Duty for Visa Debit cards here which you may find helpful. If you wish to cancel your Visa Debit card, please call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 / 00353 1 4044000 and a representative will be happy to help. Reps are available 8am - 12 midnight Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and Bank/Public Holidays.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement