Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOSU contour palette

Options
  • 14-02-2016 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hey girls iv heard good stuff about the contour palette but mainly from bloggers has anyone here tired it? What's the feedback like? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I'd be interested to know too. Lots of people/bloggers showing that they got it but not many reviews so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Prob a gimmick item that will sale well tho

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Mfarr3ll

My friend works in sundrelle and she said it's exactly the same as the crown brush one consistency wise but with more choice of colours

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Just watched the contour video...
    Oh goodness.. Suzanne what have you done to your lovely lips!

https://youtu.be/SrlowBusQG0

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

The contour/bronzing shades are far too warm for most Irish complexions, it just looks muddy on her. The highlight is nice though, but probably not enough to justify buying the palette.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

rustyzip wrote: »
    rustyzip wrote: »
    Just watched the contour video...
    Oh goodness.. Suzanne what have you done to your lovely lips!

https://youtu.be/SrlowBusQG0

Nothing to do with the palette, please keep on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

I don't like cream contour so wouldn't be interested in the palette but surely the colour is wrong for the vast majority of women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I don't know who she is but man that contour as foundation :eek: Gal needs to get colour matched!

Her engagement ring is AMAZING!

Wow just watched the video.
    Now correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it take five minutes of googling to learn that contour colour and bronzer are completely different things?

No one needs orange for a contour shade.
    This will sell very well with anyone who has no clue about contouring, so lots of teenage girls, or I suppose the very few who are incredibly dark.

No hate at all I actually love her polishes but I'm shocked after that video at the colours in the palette, I'm quite sallow but no way could I use any of those colours.

I thought after the months and months of supposed preparation that went this that we'd be getting a fantastic Irish created product but obviously I was wrong, it looks absolutely shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Its was just banged out in china i say prob for the xmas market but too late

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Interested in this but looks a bit dark.

Does anyone know about the quality of the actual product itself?

Is it affiliated with a reputable brand such as Crown/Blank Canvas etc or do we know anything about the quality of the ingredients if it's not linked to an already established cosmetics brand.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Wouldn't interest me. I think cream contouring needs quite a lot of time and work. And blending!!! My god the amount of people I see with dirty looking faces and a big brown stripe supposed to be a hollowed out cheek! I think a quick dusting of a matte bronzer is all it should take the average person. Contouring to that level should only be really for photo shoots or the professional beauty industry.
    Irish people aren't the worst looking people in the world, most don't need to contour the sides of their noses! Contouring is one of those things where if it is done right you shouldn't be able to tell that they have done it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I think contorting is a bit like fake tanning, might look great in photos but in person if you go OTT it looks dreadul. I work with a beauty blogger, she looks great on photos but in person the contouring looks like a mask, it's not flattering.

I'm a massive fan of makeup and all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Mfarr3ll

I won't be buying the contour kit but I will happily buy the lip gloss + liner that gave this look

Her polishes are very nice to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

I think the colour she used as an overall foundation was completely wrong on her and she looks quite sallow so must be very hard for the typical Irish skin tone. You shouldn't be able to see the colour that obviously no matter how much blending down into the neck you are going to do.

I also do didn't like the colour around the eyes as an eyeshadow what she suggested mums could wear on the school run. Would be way too much but probably fine during the day for work if blended way down with a brighter colour. The rest of it looked nice and I really liked the highlighter.

Her application technique was good and not too OTT- she could give lessons to a few teenagers I see on the streets around here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

dashdoll wrote: »
    Interested in this but looks a bit dark.

Does anyone know about the quality of the actual product itself?

Is it affiliated with a reputable brand such as Crown/Blank Canvas etc or do we know anything about the quality of the ingredients if it's not linked to an already established cosmetics brand.

Thanks
    Interested to know this however I wouldn't call Blank Canvas a reputable brand. I have one of their contour kits that was absolutely dire quality and I've heard the same thing being said about the Pippa palette which is also BC.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I figure if people who had it were bowled over by the quality we'd be hearing a lot more about it.
    Regardless of the quality, I think it looks a bit dark and I'd say it would only suit warmer skin tones, so not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Yeah it seems very very warm toned, and I also don't particularly like cream contour, so personally it wouldn't be for me at all.

Any reviews/first looks I've seen seem to be very mediocre, no one really raving about it or anything. Might be good for those who wear dark tan maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

That video of her applying it wouldn't entice me to buy it anyway. Is she serious with that foundation colour? It in no way matches her skin tone. The whole finished look could have been achieved by avoiding the cream contour part and just applying a decent foundation and some normal powder contour and saved about ten minutes of messing with creams that don't suit

• Advertisement

Mfarr3ll wrote: »
    I won't be buying the contour kit but I will happily buy the lip gloss + liner that gave this look

Her polishes are very nice to

Apparently this was achieved with Mac spice liner, lots of gloss and the light.

Just like her sisters lips, must run in the family.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I wouldn't be into the cream contouring at all, so this wouldn't be a palette for me.

I've seen a few girls do it and its honestly so obvious. I've tried it myself (only on days when I wasn't leaving the house! :o) and it just looked awful.

A powder contour is much nicer. I love the Dealz eyeshadow in cappuccino for contouring, its slightly too ashy for me so I mix a bit of bronzer with it, but its great for contouring, doesn't look obvious or over the top etc.

I have yet to see cream contouring look good.

As for that colour being used a foundation girl needs a serious helping hand at colour matching if she reckons that its okay once blended into your neck, the colour difference will still be there, just not at the jawline......I'm actually mortified for her. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

I wouldn't be into the cream contouring at all, so this wouldn't be a palette for me.

I've seen a few girls do it and its honestly so obvious. I've tried it myself (only on days when I wasn't leaving the house! :o) and it just looked awful.

A powder contour is much nicer. I love the Dealz eyeshadow in cappuccino for contouring, its slightly too ashy for me so I mix a bit of bronzer with it, but its great for contouring, doesn't look obvious or over the top etc.

I have yet to see cream contouring look good.

Agreed. Cream contour was such a weird choice, it's so incredibly hard to do well. I love makeup and spend a lot of time and money investing in improving just as a hobby, and I hate cream contour because it's super easy to go from nothing to I really need to wash my face and start again.
    I think the Pippa palette is 1000% a better purchase, easier to use and versatile.

On a side note, her polishes are the worst I've ever used in my life. No base or top coat would keep it on my nails for more than a few hours. I remember someone critiquing its longevity and she said she has had it last 2 weeks.. But sure she was painting acrylics which rarely chip! That annoyed me. €16 down the drain for x2 so won't be buying the contour palette.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Cheers girls!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭onthemitch

I got sent a palette (I'm a blogger and have worked with Sue in the past), and I found it quite difficult to use. The contour creams and powders feel really high quality, felt nice on the skin, weren't too heavy and went on and blended easily, in terms of texture – but I found the shades too warm (maybe would be fine if I wore fake tan, but I don't) and even though they blended well, there was a good bit of work involved to make it look natural.

That being said, I favour a majorly natural look – so much so that people always ask me if I'm even wearing make-up – so I don't think I'm the target demographic for this palette. If you love wearing a kind of dramatic make-up look – I'm thinking on the Kardashian side or even Huda Beauty / loads of popular vloggers – and you have a vague clue about what you're doing, then I think it's worth the spend. Otherwise, it could be a bit overwhelming!

Verdict: not for newbies, but a quality product. (As an aside, I actually love the polishes too, so I guess, if you'll excuse the pun, it's a case of different strokes!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lolxx

I definitely would not reccomend this pallete. The cream contour and highlight shade cling to the drier patches of my face and the cream contour looks really muddy. also when I put the banana powder shade over the cream highlight it goes patchy and it doesn't last for more than 2 hours before it starts to crease into my smile lines and under my eyes. There are definitely more affordable and better quality products on the market in my opinion. Xx

Advertisement