Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thoughts about Spurs...for neutrals...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Canadel wrote: »
    Lloris is world class but he's not better than Cech, De Gea or Courtois. Eriksen is at the same level as Silva and Ozil for me. The others are quality players but by no means world class, and Kane is just a sh*t Jamie Vardy...

Lloris is not world class but very good.

Eriksen had a poor first half to the season, is in good form now but nowhere near Silva or Ozil.

For someone who spends the majority of his posts praising Wellbeck i find it astonishing you put sh*t and Kane in the same sentence.

Also Kane is a better striker than Vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

Considering how unfortunate they were recently missing out on top 4 you could say a certain amount of justice will have been warranted if they win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Like Leicester I think the lack of injuries has helped Spurs a lot this season. I can't remember them losing any important player for an extended spell until Vertonghen got injured recently. And in fairness to them they have done OK without him. Like Leicester they have had a consistency in selection from week to week and are obviously a very well drilled side under Poch.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

For ****s sake lads. No! Anyone but that lot.

Not being from London I'm afraid I have more legitimate reasons to dislike United, Chelsea & City. I enjoy the NLD for what it is but I can't bring myself to dislike a team just because some folks from London said I have to. If Arsenal don't win I'm happy to see any team lift the trophy apart from the three I mentioned above.
    Spurs do things the right way ?

How many managers have they sacked lately before Poccethino and they constantly squander bucket loads of money aswell there no better than the rest of them

Ironically, plenty of Arsenal fans want Wenger sacked because he doesn't constantly squander bucket loads of money, well they did until the 95th minute yesterday anyway and probably will again the next time points are dropped :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Lloris is not world class but very good.

Eriksen had a poor first half to the season, is in good form now but nowhere near Silva or Ozil.

For someone who spends the majority of his posts praising Wellbeck i find it astonishing you put sh*t and Kane in the same sentence.

Also Kane is a better striker than Vardy.
    Lloris is world class and Eriksen has been comfortably at the same level as Silva and Ozil for the last few seasons.

I spend the minority of my posts praising Welbeck and the majority defending him. As for Vardy and Kane, I thought the dots gave it away. Obviously not...

If Leicester don't win it I hope Spurs do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I've hated Spurs since Santa brought me an Amstrad computer and with a black and white monitor. Maybe it's time to give them another chance.

It's amazing the stupid things that turn you against a club and how long it can last. I took a disliking to them when I was little just coz their kit made them look like England

I want Arsenal to win it

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    If Leicester don't win it I hope Spurs do
    Leicester winning would be the fairytale story and give inspiration to anyone who has ever shown an interest in soccer or sport in general. Even securing top 4 would have a similar effect.

Spurs winning however could create a huge shake-up in the top 4 dynamic in English football as they are more likely to continue on their success than Leicester. And it could certainly have more far reaching consequences and could potentially lead to the continuing demise of Utd or Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Leicester winning would be the fairytale story and give inspiration to anyone who has ever shown an interest in soccer or sport in general. Even securing top 4 would have a similar effect.

Spurs winning however could create a huge shake-up in the top 4 dynamic in English football as they are more likely to continue on their success than Leicester. And it could certainly have more far reaching consequences and could potentially lead to the continuing demise of Utd or Liverpool.

United have the spending power though to eventually get back up there no matter what Spurs do. Liverpool I expect will improve once Klopp can get some of his own players in and get a proper pre-season with the squad. You never know but you'd have to expect both to be better next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Spurs do things the right way ?

How many managers have they sacked lately before Poccethino and they constantly squander bucket loads of money aswell there no better than the rest of them

Ah stop.

Over the last 5 seasons, Spurs are the only club to have made money on transfers in the league (53 million). You can say Bale skews that number but Liverpool, for example, have a net spend of 163 million and they had the Suarez money (http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons). Levy is an incredible businessman. So clearly, on that score, they are better than the rest of them.

This season, they've gotten to where they are with a young team many of whom have come through the academy. They've done this more than any other club at the top end of the table.

In terms of managers, the only ones who I think were really hard done by in the Levy reign were Jol (and that was more the manner of the sacking than the fact he was sacked) and Graham. Maybe Harry too but he did himself no favours with his carry-on and had a 4 year stint when he was fired.

Hoddle, Ramos and AVB all had to go given the on-field performances. Sherwood was a stop gap measure and made a tit of himself and an enemy of the players while Santini resigned.

I don't think Spurs will win it but what they are doing is fantastic.

United have the spending power though to eventually get back up there no matter what Spurs do. Liverpool I expect will improve once Klopp can get some of his own players in and get a proper pre-season with the squad. You never know but you'd have to expect both to be better next season.
    True. But success only stems from spending power if you exert that power properly. Moyes failed to do so with two big signings, and Van Gaal has spectacularly failed to do so. There is even more pressure now on the next manager to ensure that the spending power proves fruitful both in the short and long term. If not, it doesn't matter how much money they have, because the best players will simply not be interested in them any more, especially when there are better clubs in the same league with more money. Utd are in a very precarious position, and that position becomes even more perilous should Spurs win the league imo.

I actually don't think Spurs winning it would make a bigger difference to either Liverpool or Utds season than it already is.

If anything it'll make both of them think that with correct signings anything is possible. The premiership top teams have been pegged back and it's incredibly competitive. A decent chance a mid 70s total could win the league this season, similar to a few late 1990s totals.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I actually don't think Spurs winning it would make a bigger difference to either Liverpool or Utds season than it already is.

If anything it'll make both of them think that with correct signings anything is possible. The premiership top teams have been pegged back and it's incredibly competitive. A decent chance a mid 70s total could win the league this season, similar to a few late 1990s totals.
    You make that sound easier than it is. The reality is that both teams have been incredibly wasteful with their spending in recent seasons, and that has contributed to their struggling squads respectively. And while there is no sign of that changing so far with Utd, I'd at least have faith in Klopp bringing in the right kind of players to implement his vision for Liverpool as I believe him to be one of the best managers in world football. I'd certainly rather him at Utd than Mourinho.

You make that sound easier than it is. The reality is that both teams have been incredibly wasteful with their spending in recent seasons, and that has contributed to their struggling squads respectively. And while there is no sign of that changing so far with Utd, I'd at least have faith in Klopp bringing in the right kind of players to implement his vision for Liverpool as I believe him to be one of the best managers in world football. I'd certainly rather him at Utd than Mourinho.

Sure who knows what could happen.

Who's have thought Leicester and Spurs would be challenging for the league and Chelsea struggling in the bottom half.

Great to see tbh

Advertisement