Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maynooth dry cleaners: Greenfield Shopping centre

Options
  • 15-02-2016 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wanted to post up a very disappointing message about the above. Dropped my expensive wedding suit and shirt into get cleaned and went back to collect. Was told my shirt had gone through the wash again by accident so said ok and would collect it at a later date.

Came back in and they said they had given it to someone else by accident and that they knew who had it. I described the shirt to them so they knew what to look out for. When I returned for the 3rd time, they pulled out a shirt that they thought was mine and it was still wrong.

Now I have lost a shirt that cost over €140 + had sentimental value. I am asked to bring in a receipt to get a refund back which I am struggling to find.

A friend of mine at roughly the same time had dropped in an expensive tie along with other items of clothing and it too was lost in this dry cleaners.

Just a word of warning for anyone wishing to dry clean clothes. I am very disappointed with this understandably and just wanted others to know this also to beware.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

I used them a couple of weeks ago and thought they were very good! Pity about your shirt though man, sorry to hear that. No chance of them tracking it down?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have used them a number of times over the years and also got wedding dresses cleaned there and only once have i been disappointed.
    My washing machine was broken and I sent laundry over and one bag of it came back damp but in general I find them great.
    Someone mentioned to me during the week that it has been sold recently but I am not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

I have also used them in the past, knew a person who previously used to work there and never had a problem. Then I moved over to dove in supervalu as was easier for me but since they are gone now I am back in greenfield. I just figured that they would look after items a bit better. Understandably a dress or full suit is easy enough to pick out but I would be cautious leaving any smaller items in there now including shirts....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

They made an error, they have accepted that the error was made, they are willing to give you a refund of the cost of the shirt and just want some proof of the cost.

I say well done to them. Most places would agrue with you.

The reason for some form of receipt (credit card or bank statement would do as would a note from place you bought it) is that a regular shirt is about €50 - €80 and you are asking for €140.

as for the "a friend of mine blah blah" - I always am very sceptical of hearsay comments, usually they are not true and many people just say it to comfort you.

Aer Lingus lost luggage on me once - I still fly with them because I accept that sometimes things just happen. Its how they deal with what happens that matters and it seems that this crowd have dealt with it very well.

But you still have an issue, even though they have accepted it was their error and offered to give you compensation once you provide any form of proof of the price, but you still want to punish them. Why?

If you made an error, would you think it fair that after offering restitution for the error that you still get punished unfairly?

Spiteful post - disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭2011abc

If he cant find the receipt then what ?Sounds like hes getting the run around to me and previous post is the over reaction .Will be interesting to hear if he gets his 140 euro .Very easy for businesses to wash hands of responsibility for many kinds of negligence .Had a car 'repair' fail in under 48 hours with catastrophic damage to engine -near 600 euro bill resulting in a further one for 3250 !!!Advised by several solicitors to walk away , waste of time going to small claims court .Cowboys will just plead inability to pay if not actually turn nasty .Dont even get me started on my experiences with builders , plumbers etc .

Thanks for the info OP , people can make up their own mind .

Do you keep all your receipts for your clothes from years ago Vince?

• Advertisement

2011abc wrote: »

Do you keep all your receipts for your clothes from years ago Vince?
    I have every credit card statement going back to 1989.
    Receipts for anything that may require returning or repair get a photo taken on the phone and uploads automatically.

So, yes i do.

The op seems to have purchased the shirt recently. It is as simple as going to the store and getting an official quote and confirmation that he bought a shirt. Or print off relevant transaction from credit card statement or bank statement.

Fairly easy.

Very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I have used them a number of times over the years and also got wedding dresses cleaned there and only once have i been disappointed.
    My washing machine was broken and I sent laundry over and one bag of it came back damp but in general I find them great.
    Someone mentioned to me during the week that it has been sold recently but I am not sure.

Moonbeam, can you bring in wet laundry just to be dried do you know? We're in the middle of renovations and I just can't get clothes dry.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am pretty sure that you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Just an update here. I got a receipt off the shop I bought the shirt from. Brought it in on a Friday and the staff who were on didn't know anything about it. They rang the original person who was there who was on holidays, and they said that I wasn't able to get any money off them as the staff that were there needed to get paid from what was in the till, which led me to believe it could be cash work but that's none of my business....

I left the receipt there and came back in Monday as requested to which I got my refund. She mentioned she had rang around shops to make sure the price was right also, did not believe the receipt!!

Moral of the story now is, eventually I got money back which I thank them for, however I will not be going back here again with my clothes. If you have something of some value, be it monetary or sentimental value, I would avoid this shop at all costs and go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

They lost a shirt of mine before. Refunded cash without receipt (was a regular) after a couple of months of hoping it would turn up or I would give up.

Didn't influence me using the place at the time though I good see how it would.

• Advertisement

as the staff that were there needed to get paid from what was in the till, which led me to believe it could be cash work but that's none of my business....

And now making defamatory suggestion regarding their employees and how they are employed.

You must be the most perfect person in the world - never made an error.

God help anyone who makes an error on you. You will tell the world and then even if they accept their error and recompense you, you will continue your campaign and make unfounded innuendo about them.

Nice chap you. I hope they sue you and just to be sure, I'll direct them to your defamation.

As i said, you are a despicable person

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'd recommend everyone be mindful about comments made: whether the be about companies, people and fellow posters

Advertisement