Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor for buying house-recommendations?

Options
  • 15-02-2016 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Looking for a reasonably priced solicitor in the south dublin area, preferably somewhere around cabinteely, blackrock, dun L area for buying a house, I currently have a solicitor for selling my home but not very happy with him so want to find someone else for the buying part. Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

I used a bloke in Dundrum called Mannion Solicitors - quite happy with the service. Used him for selling my Dublin apartment and a year later used him to buy my wicklow home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

I cant recommend any particular solicitor but try and agree a fixed price beforehand for everything. Most of them try and charge a scale fee of a % of the transaction. Obviously if you are buying a house for 800K as opposed to 200k there will be a big difference in price using a % rate but the amount of work for him/her is pretty much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 piglets

We used a solicitor called Kerry Dunne. He was the cheapest priced one we found at the time and he was excellent. Found him very efficient, had everything in order so from that side of things we had zero hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

Thanks all, will try those suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

How did you get on? I'm in the same boat now myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

I just pm'd you who I used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Nesie wrote: »
    How did you get on? I'm in the same boat now myself.

Try Fingleton and Co in Churchtown..Did a sale and purchase for me recently.
    100% and very reasonable and friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Thestones wrote: »

Any chance you'd PM me the same info Thestones? I'm switching mortgage now myself.

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Cheapest isn't always best :)

I know this first hand from the conveyancing messes my OH has to clean up weekly!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 igy

would you recommend a good solicitor that does the job well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

can anyone recommend a good solictior at a good rate?

ive been quoted between 1500-1750 from a few now for solicitior fee ( then there is all the other fees)

just wondering if this is reasonable?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 igy

Larsso30 wrote: »
    can anyone recommend a good solictior at a good rate?

ive been quoted between 1500-1750 from a few now for solicitior fee ( then there is all the other fees)

just wondering if this is reasonable?
    Does that include 23% vat?

igy wrote: »
    Does that include 23% vat?

yes it does, plus is going to do a will included in that price

sorry total price including vat, fees searches etcc and the will is 3k

• Registered Users Posts: 12 the_killer

Thestones wrote: »
    Hi,