Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal warning (after hours)

Options
  • 15-02-2016 5:49am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

Hi I received a warning for being 'uncivil' related to the following post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98712628&postcount=46

I have contacted the mod but received no reply.

I believe that the mod misread both my post and intentions. i can only assume the warning related to the topic in question or travellers, however my post did not refer to travellers in any way. My post simply stated that a poster who claimed ALL settled people acted in a certain way was incorrect.

A poster (poster A) posted that travellers broke certain rules / acted in a certain way, then another poster (poster B) said ALL settled people are guilty of breaking these rules / acting in a certain way. My reply stated ALL settled people are not guilty of what poster A stated and that poster B was crazy to think that.

My post defended an incorrect attack on settled people(with no reference to travellers by myself). I should be entitled to defend a class of people without being infracted.

I am anxious to have this reversed and return my account to infraction / warning free as I always take the time to post in a civil and rule abiding way

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi J.pilkington

I can look at this for you however would you mind trying again to engage with the mod in question? I have requested same from mod.
    Please post back here when you have done so.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Hi J.pilkington

I can look at this for you however would you mind trying again to engage with the mod in question? I have requested same from mod.
    Please post back here when you have done so.

Thanks for picking this up. I have already sent a PM to the mod, if I do not hear back by tomorrow I will update this thread

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi J.pilkington

I understand this has been resolved. Please confirm.

PR

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Hi J.pilkington

I understand this has been resolved. Please confirm.

PR

Yes resolved with the mod (very reasonable to deal with).

Thanks all for yer time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement