Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disclosure - Kilmainham - June 28th

Options
  • 15-02-2016 10:01am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

More summer fun rolling in as it has been announced that Disclosure, wth support from Vince Staples, will perform at Dublin’s Royal Hospital, Kilmainham, on June 28th. With Caracal currently lighting up many a dance-floor, and Staples’ Summertime ’06 providing similar musical delight, the show marks for many the beginning of the festival season. Tickets, priced at €49.65, go on sale 9am Friday,

http://state.ie/news/disclosure-vince-staples-for-royal-hospital-kilmainham

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

More summer fun rolling in as it has been announced that Disclosure, wth support from Vince Staples, will perform at Dublin’s Royal Hospital, Kilmainham, on June 28th. With Caracal currently lighting up many a dance-floor, and Staples’ Summertime ’06 providing similar musical delight, the show marks for many the beginning of the festival season. Tickets, priced at €49.65, go on sale 9am Friday,

http://state.ie/news/disclosure-vince-staples-for-royal-hospital-kilmainham

Excellent! Right next door :)
    Was sure they'd be an EP headliner this year, but not complaining with Kilmainham!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

FFS on a Tuesday. Zero craic :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Quiet Girl

I'll be seeing them at Benicassim in July, otherwise I would defo buy a ticket, seen them live twice already there amazing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Is there a pit area at the Kilmainham gigs? I've never been to this venue.. Also anyone recommend a place to park, I'm kinda stuck as I have to drive and be back in Galway for the next morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

No pit in Kilmainham.

Cool, good to know in advance :)

Anyone else excited for this? seems to be no buzz about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dundalkian

DC10555 wrote: »
    Is there a pit area at the Kilmainham gigs? I've never been to this venue.. Also anyone recommend a place to park, I'm kinda stuck as I have to drive and be back in Galway for the next morning.

What is the "Pit area"? seen a few people talking about it regaurding longitude, no clue what it is hahaha

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dundalkian wrote: »
    What is the "Pit area"? seen a few people talking about it regaurding longitude, no clue what it is hahaha

There is no pit

Dundalkian wrote: »

The Pit, also known as the "Golden Circle" is the front area of the stage which is sometimes closed off. Access to this area is often provided by purchasing a more expensive ticket (Beyonce, Rihanna etc. had this) or by arriving early to the gig (The Script and Phoenix park gigs did this).

When access is based upon arriving early it normally ends up as a cluster of actual fans of the artist instead of the hardcore selfie crews (IMO). However, as Furious-Red and BadTurtle mentioned there will be none at this gig sadly..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Does anyone have stage times?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tracybal

Apparently Disclosure should be on stage around 9pm, checked with MCD. Not sure about support acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Looking forward to this tonight, hopefully weather will pick up a bit and that they aren't to bucked from Glasto

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Vince Staples: 7:25
    Disclosure: 8:55

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Hopefully passes off peacefully. Saw a load of kids drinking at Middle Abbey Street Luas stop.

Not long back here and I have to say I really enjoyed it! I managed to get to the barrier right as Disclosure came on which was great, although I left it half way through their set in favor of a position a little further back. This was because I was missing all the visuals since the stake at RHK is so high and the barrier is close to the stage. Vince Staples wasn't my thing but I enjoyed it. Disclosure themselves were amazing as I expected!

The RHK venue itself is well setup with the beer right at the back of it all, the weather was so-so lol, there was one really bad shower that left me absolutely soaked. Thankfully I went back for my jacket when leaving the car. IMO the crowd was grand, not too rough or anything although I'm sure others may have had a different experience as with all outdoor venues the crowd can be great in one area and skangered in another.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Great night at it, live close by so missed that heavy shower. Main Stage set up and the bar were in a great positions.
    Played a good mix of the 2 albums, seen no trouble what so ever, plenty of Gardai about like FF.

Crowd would put me off going to an outdoor electronic/rap gig again. It was like a leaving cert party.
    Vince Staples himself was great. Sound was off for the first few songs and the crowd were ****e, hadn't a clue who he was. Such a waste of a real star.
    Disclosure were good, the decent songs were better live, the average ones were still average. nice lightshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Was it muddy at all?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

lc180 wrote: »
    Was it muddy at all?

Yes it was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Saw lots of mud covered people as I was passing through town last night!

Yeah it was ridiculous. That layout of the toilets down the hill works fine for small sized gig crowds like Sigur Ros but this was absolutely jointed so it turned into a mudslide before even Vince Staples was on. Wasn't helped by the amount of howiya's absolutely locked continuously knocking themselves and others over but the planning was poor. Should've had at least another toilet area set up to curb the flow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Was it a skangerfest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Heading to Faithless Saturday night. Would ye recommend wellies for the gig? Were many at Disclosure wearing them?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

No wellies needed

bigpink wrote: »
    Was it a skangerfest?

Based on what I seen there were a few there but everyone seemed to be just enjoying themselves and for the most part sticking to their own groups. Plenty of underage locked for sure but that's the age group Disclosure attract.
    PetKing wrote: »
    Heading to Faithless Saturday night. Would ye recommend wellies for the gig? Were many at Disclosure wearing them?

Nope no one that I seen anyway, the mud was sue to one massive downpour which lasted about 15 mins, the weather was grand other than that so I'd imagine it should be fairly dried out by now. Might see can I grab a last minute Faithless ticket myself. Caught half their set at Oxygen a while back and they were phenomenal.

Advertisement