Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Richard Dawkins update on soundcloud

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

He sounds reasonably lucid, as intelligent as ever. He's even able to crack a few jokes. As strokes go I've heard of a lot worse than this. Obviously he'll have a road to recovery ahead of him. Whether he gets those motor functions back fully is anyone's guess. In terms of the "controversy" in which he often embroils himself it might be time for him to delegate authority & let someone else battle the twits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The Church of England tweeted that they were praying for him, and some folks thought they were trolling, but RD's enjoyed cordial relations with the CoE for many years, and I'm sure he'll take that in the spirit in which it was intended. It's their way of saying they wish him well.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

"If you've got to have a stroke, this is a pretty good one" lol

Very sad - I didn't hear about this on the news. Higher brain functions undamaged, thankfully. I've no idea what the prognosis in a case like this is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Let's all pray for him

Advertisement