Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir they tell me no fibre on line but I had it previously with Eircom

Options
  • 15-02-2016 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

I tried ordering Fibre Solo offer over the phone this morning - https://www.eir.ie/broadband-only/. They told me that I now can only get 1mb and nothing they can do about it

I was previously with eircom for phone/fibre. This was a/c XXXXXXXX with Eircom and this as less than a year ago.

Can you get my line checked properly to provision is for fibre again as your phone guys are unable to do this

PM sent to alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

I tried ordering Fibre Solo offer over the phone this morning - https://www.eir.ie/broadband-only/. They told me that I now can only get 1mb and nothing they can do about it

I was previously with eircom for phone/fibre. This was a/c XXXXXXXX with Eircom and this as less than a year ago.

Can you get my line checked properly to provision is for fibre again as your phone guys are unable to do this

PM sent to alan
    Cheers for your PM donutheadhomer

I'll look in to this in detail and get back to you within 24Hrs

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

eir: Alan wrote: »

PM sent to alan

Thanks
    Al
    thanks Alan - fingers crossed

PM sent to alan

Thanks
    Al
    No problem donutheadhomer

Al

PM sent to alan

Thanks
    Al

Al
    Any update on this Alan? is it a matter of getting a new prequal done on the line? According to your site I'm only 410m for the relevant cabinet - see attached screenshot

PM sent to alan

Thanks
    Al

Al
    Any update on this Alan? is it a matter of getting a new prequal done on the line? According to your site I'm only 410m for the relevant cabinet - see attached screenshot
    Hi donutheadhomer

I'm still awaiting further information/clarification from our operations teams - as soon as I have this I'll be back in touch with you right away

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

PM sent to alan

Thanks
    Al

Al
    Hi donutheadhomer

I'm still awaiting further information/clarification from our operations teams - as soon as I have this I'll be back in touch with you right away

Thanks

Al
    nothing on this yet Alan?

PM sent to alan

Thanks
    Al

Al
    Hi donutheadhomer

Thanks

Al
    Hi donutheadhomer

Thanks for taking my call earlier - as soon as I have more information I'll let you know right away :)

Al

PM sent to alan

Thanks
    Al

Al
    Hi donutheadhomer

Thanks

Al
    Hi donutheadhomer

Thanks for taking my call earlier - as soon as I have more information I'll let you know right away :)

Al
    fingers crossed Al

I've cancelled with Virgin media due to the price increase and issues with netflix. Their 30 day notice period started on 12/02/2016. You'll surely have me sorted by then.

PM sent to alan

Thanks
    Al

Al
    Hi donutheadhomer

Thanks

Al
    Hi donutheadhomer

Al
    fingers crossed Al

I've cancelled with Virgin media due to the price increase and issues with netflix. Their 30 day notice period started on 12/02/2016. You'll surely have me sorted by then.
    Cheers donutheadhomer

I'll keep my eye on this and update you as soon as I have more information for you :)

Al

PM sent to alan

Thanks
    Al

Al
    Hi donutheadhomer

Thanks

Al
    Hi donutheadhomer

Al
    fingers crossed Al

Cheers donutheadhomer

I'll keep my eye on this and update you as soon as I have more information for you :)

Al
    sorry to bother you Al but has there been any movement on this one?

• Advertisement

Hi donutheadhomer

There is no available update at present unfortunately however I will chase this up and get back to you with as much information as I can.

Thanks
    Al

Hi donutheadhomer

There is no available update at present unfortunately however I will chase this up and get back to you with as much information as I can.

Thanks
    Al
    thanks AL - hopefully soon. 

Hi donutheadhomer

Thanks
    Al

Al

Hi donutheadhomer

Thanks
    Al

Al
    Hi Al - I went into the Eir shop in Limerick and they advised me to place an order for broadband only and see if that triggers someone in the exchange to get this working - I've done this ordering now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi donutheadhomer

Thanks
    Al

Al
    Hi Al - I went into the Eir shop in Limerick and they advised me to place an order for broadband only and see if that triggers someone in the exchange to get this working - I've done this ordering now

Hi donutheadhomer,

I'm afraid Al is no longer with us. Would you like to PM me your details and I'll check this for you.

Thanks

Tracey

Pm sent Tracey 

Thanks. I'll come back to you shortly through PM's.

Thanks

Tracey

Thanks. I'll come back to you shortly through PM's.

Thanks

Tracey
    Someone from Eir called me yesterday and said they would call me back but have not done.

I'm very sorry to hear this.

I've not received any PM from  you yet? Can you send this on again please.

Thanks

Tracey

Thanks

Tracey
    send again

• Advertisement

Thanks

Tracey
    send again
    Perfect, thanks. I've received that now, I'll come back to you soon through PM's.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Tracey

I can't attach images in PM but I called as you mentioned just there and they tell me I can't order fibre as not on my line - I mentioned what you said about proximity to cabinets and they said nothing they can do about it as it fails prequal and is too far from exchange
    I tried to order online and here is attached results

Thanks

Tracey
    send again
    Perfect, thanks. I've received that now, I'll come back to you soon through PM's.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Prequal via address is just a guess in some instances, if you test via phone number/CRN its always based on an actual prequal test.

Did you perhaps port out the line/number to a non Open Eir Provider (Virgin say)? If you did then the prequal value for the actual line won't be available and you'll have to order a phone line, wait for it to be activated and tested(monthly) then order the upgrade to VDSL.

ED E wrote: »
    Prequal via address is just a guess in some instances, if you test via phone number/CRN its always based on an actual prequal test.

Did you perhaps port out the line/number to a non Open Eir Provider (Virgin say)? If you did then the prequal value for the actual line won't be available and you'll have to order a phone line, wait for it to be activated and tested(monthly) then order the upgrade to VDSL.
    thing is I don't want a phone line - I want broadband only with Eir. Yes correct I was with Virgin but netflix etc

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ordering SADSL (that 512k option) will do it too as they'll still have to activate you with a CRN. Then then the prequal test is refreshed you'll be able to order your upgrade. 

Ordering SADSL (that 512k option) will do it too as they'll still have to activate you with a CRN. Then then the prequal test is refreshed you'll be able to order your upgrade. 
    If only Eir saw it that way........................

If only Eir saw it that way........................
    PM sent for escalation

Hi Tracey

I called the number you gave me below and spoke to Kaya - she said she works in the Operations Team and said no fibre can be ordered on that line. Can you please get this sorted for me ASAP

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eircom: Tracey
    Thanks for those details. 

I've spoken with our operations team and they've confirmed the the eFibre service is available at your house however we wouldn't be able to establish the speed until the line has been activated I'm afraid. The speed would not be guaranteed. I can there are 4 cabinets within walking distance from your house so there should be no issues there. 

Unfortunately I can't process the order from here, the sales team on 1800 503 303 will be able to arrange this for you. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks 

Tracey

Thanks Pamela. the prequal on the Eir site is now showing Fibre available. you're a star - how do we proceed to get this moving ASAP. My contract with UPC expires on 12th march

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

No problem donutheadhomer :)

I'll be checking the account from our side tomorrow and I will be in touch.

Pamela 

Advertisement