Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Channels on 28.2e not getting listed in Channel Searches!

Options
  • 15-02-2016 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

:(
    I have a VU+ Solo2 (with OpenVIX) box with a 1.2 mtr motorised dish. When do manual searches (Network Search=Yes) for channels on 28.2E, many free channels (SD) like Travel Channel, Sky news, B4U Music, etc are not getting listed.

What could be the problem?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

The 3 channels you mention are all vertically polarised. Check if other Vertical channels are working. If not it's possibly an LNB failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TestLink

Some Vertical channels like True Movies 1, True Movies 1 are working. But Some Horizontal channels like MoviesforMen1 and MoviesForMen2 etc are not working either. Any solution? Change the LNB?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

If you can borrow a known working box, use it to check first. If it also fails then replace the LNB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

ITguru wrote: »
    I have a VU+ Solo2 (with OpenVIX) box with a 1.2 mtr motorised dish. When do manual searches (Network Search=Yes) for channels on 28.2E

... What could be the problem?

Signal overload? Was it working alright before?

Of course it may just be the opposite, with the dish probably having become misaligned: how do other satellite positions fare?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

ITguru wrote: »
    :(
    I have a VU+ Solo2 (with OpenVIX) box with a 1.2 mtr motorised dish. When do manual searches (Network Search=Yes) for channels on 28.2E, many free channels (SD) like Travel Channel, Sky news, B4U Music, etc are not getting listed.

What could be the problem?

I had this problem before with other channels.

To solve it I just tuned them in manually.

This wiki page is usually spot on.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free-to-air_channels_at_28%C2%B0E

• Advertisement
Advertisement