Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any pubs that would allow me to host a pool tournament?

Options
  • 15-02-2016 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭

I'm having a stag in galway. There's 8 of us and I want to have a little pool tournament between us all in one of the pubs.

Does anyone know of anywhere that would allow you to do that?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

I'm having a stag in galway. There's 8 of us and I want to have a little pool tournament between us all in one of the pubs.

Does anyone know of anywhere that would allow you to do that?

Thanks

Try richardsons they've a pool table upstairs €2 a game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Try paddys bar in prospect hill, nice staff

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Just get €100 in €2 coins and put them all on the table when you want to start the tournament. It's the law in pubs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sally longs and the bal in salthill also have tables, I'd call them all and see.

Place in Salthill is called Krcma, might be well suited as it has 2 pool tables (also table tennis & other games downstairs) that's where I'd pick.. give them a call, am sure they'll be glad of the business - https://www.jar.ie/bar/galway/salt-hill/krcma-slavic-house

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Place in Salthill is called Krcma, might be well suited as it has 2 pool tables (also table tennis & other games downstairs) that's where I'd pick.. give them a call, am sure they'll be glad of the business - https://www.jar.ie/bar/galway/salt-hill/krcma-slavic-house

That's called Inismore something. I'll edit when i remember it.. Good call though as i believe it's still the same layout.. Has it's own facebook page for contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

the oslo in salthill also has a few tables i think down the back with a big screen.

That's right, forgot about the Oslo, which is right across from Krcma, Oslo will be livelier & does good food but will be lots of families in there etc during the day..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Are all the Pool halls gone now? The ones where you paid by the hour on Eglington Street?

Thats still there I think, bit dry for a stag though, half the fun of a pool competition is having few beers & banter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Eglinton still there, not sure about alcohol
    Ask on their FB https://www.facebook.com/Eglinton-Snooker-Hall-Galway-1489017004651145/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Pre-mix it with coke in the bottle before you go in (I was in secondary school the last time I was in there).

haha few of us used to do that many years ago as well, for the first while you'd be playing a blinder then the standard of snooker would drop as the crap jokes got funnier, whoever drank the least normally won which usually wasn't me, doubt that's what they're after..

Advertisement