Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumoured Fights

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It will be interesting to see if Eubank lasts longer than Murray. One thing about Eubank is that he has a good chin. His workrate is very impressive too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It will be interesting to see if Eubank lasts longer than Murray. One thing about Eubank is that he has a good chin. His workrate is very impressive too

Plus he's big, can punch, and fights with confidence! Interesting match. One I'll be looking at!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Fair dues to Eubank for chasing this one. From what I know of Eubank jnr he does his best work on the inside. I'm not sure he will get many opportunities inside with GGG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Eubank Jr looks to be improving all the time, I think he'll be more than a test for GGG. I'm intrigued by the match up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Danye

As a side note, how obsessed is BJ Saunders with Eubank? A lot of his social media is directed at Eubank and from what I seen its not as if Eubank is even bothered retaliating!

He's got right under BJS skin. Why? I'm not sure? Is it because Eubank gets a lot of attention and BJS thinks he should be getting it as he beat him? Does he think Eubank beats him now and he uses this to mask that?

• Advertisement

Didn't Saunders turn down the opportunity to fight Golovokin. If so it's down to him that Eubank is getting more attention now. Saunders seems to lack Stamina, which might well be his undoing at the highest level.

Didn't Saunders turn down the opportunity to fight Golovokin. If so it's down to him that Eubank is getting more attention now. Saunders seems to lack Stamina, which might well be his undoing at the highest level.

He says he didn't, waited until GGG had his latest victim lined up and then BJS calls out GGG!

Having no stamina is a poor excuse for a boxer.

Danye wrote: »
    He says he didn't, waited until GGG had his latest victim lined up and then BJS calls out GGG!

Having no stamina is a poor excuse for a boxer.

Frank Warren might have been in his ear too.

I'm not excusing poor stamina, just pointing out what i've seen. Jermaine Taylor had the same problem.

Frank Warren might have been in his ear too.

I'm not excusing poor stamina, just pointing out what i've seen. Jermaine Taylor had the same problem.

I've no doubt Warren was.

No I know your not and I agree with you, certain fights he looks wrecked but I'm just saying from his point of view there's no reason why he should have poor stamnia.

Hearn in the early stages with GGGs team about GGG v Eubank for September / October?

Apparently, some social media sites are reporting that this fight is now done.

Fair play to Eubank if true. GGG still wins but I don't think it will be as one sided as people think. Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

Apparently, some social media sites are reporting that this fight is now done.

Fair play to Eubank if true. GGG still wins but I don't think it will be as one sided as people think. Looking forward to it.

No matter who wins I think we're in for a barn burner here. Two bangers who don't box cute and who cannot play hide and seek!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Just wondering can someone help

I'm goin vegas in September and quick search shows canelo down to fight on 17th
    Any idea how to go about getting tickets and any idea of opponent

Just wondering can someone help

I'm goin vegas in September and quick search shows canelo down to fight on 17th
    Any idea how to go about getting tickets and any idea of opponent

Fightin Liam Smith on september 17th
    I assume mgm

Anyone know how to get tickets for this when they come on sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Fightin Liam Smith on september 17th
    I assume mgm

Anyone know how to get tickets for this when they come on sale

Shouldn't be too hard to get tickets, keep an eye on Liam Smith's twitter. He said he'll be announcing soon.

Liam Smith? GGG? Sure what's the difference?

Johner wrote: »
    Shouldn't be too hard to get tickets, keep an eye on Liam Smith's twitter. He said he'll be announcing soon.

Cheers will do -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Not quite a rumoured fight, but Broner was locked up for 30 days for contempt of court.

Throw away the key.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10506926/adrien-broner-jailed-for-30-days-for-contempt-of-court

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Lucas Brownes twitter feed indicates he's in talks to face Haye. I can't see Haye taking it unless it's for one of the many versions of the WBA title, or a final eliminator for one

Lucas Brownes twitter feed indicates he's in talks to face Haye. I can't see Haye taking it unless it's for one of the many versions of the WBA title, or a final eliminator for one

Haye has far bigger fish to fry, like the local milkman and postman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

GGG v Jacobs looking very possible for Dec in NYC. Very good fight if true.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

Hearn said of the possibility of Joshua v Klitschko taking place on November 26: "It's a natural fight. On Saturday, we reached out to Berndt Boente and since then we've had a couple of positive conversations and it's a fight he really wants.

"If the WBA belt is on the line, which I believe it would be, then it's a unification fight between Joshua and Klitschko. The deal has got to be right, of course. We've got Joseph Parker as a mandatory which is also a good fight if Klitschko doesn't happen.

"I'm confident. I don't want to get the fans too excited about the fight but I know Anthony wants the fight and Klitschko is up for it as well. It's likely to be Klitschko against someone for the WBA title so the Joshua fight is very exciting."

Eddie will be all talk as always. Not a chance he puts his cash cow in with Wlad. Will be Parker I'd imagine.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Eddie will be all talk as always. Not a chance he puts his cash cow in with Wlad. Will be Parker I'd imagine.

I think Parker might actually be the stiffer test than Wlad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Joshua/Wlad seems to be gathering steam. I personally think Joshua will get butchered. I'll believe it when I see the two at the press conference though.

I think Parker might actually be the stiffer test than Wlad.

On what evidence?

I think they are both losable fights but Parker has little to no defense which will make things a lot easier for Joshua.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Lomachenko vs Nicholas Walters on November 26th. One of the fights of the year.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Lomachenko vs Nicholas Walters on November 26th. One of the fights of the year.

Delighted with this. Lomachenko is real breath of fresh air. A genuine champion who wants to keep showing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

walshb wrote: »
    Delighted with this. Lomachenko is real breath of fresh air. A genuine champion who wants to keep showing it.

It's a great fight, up to his last fight I would have taken Walters in this one but the smart money now says Loma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Should be a stroll for Hi Tech. Walters looks a completely different fighter than the one who destroyed Donaire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

Burial. wrote: »
    Should be a stroll for Hi Tech. Walters looks a completely different fighter than the one who destroyed Donaire.

Agree. Walters has a puncher's chance and that's about all. He will get outboxed and eventually outpunched. I'd expect a Lomachenko stoppage after 8-9 rounds.

Advertisement