Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumoured Fights

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Errol Spence and Bradley has been ordered. Should be a good scrap although I think Spence will be the first man to stop Bradley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Burial. wrote: »
    Errol Spence and Bradley has been ordered. Should be a good scrap although I think Spence will be the first man to stop Bradley

Agree. I do think Spence has something a bit special. Bradley's head has taken a hell of a lot of abuse over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

boxer.fan wrote: »
    A nothing fight. God only knows what the weight agreement would be for this. More avoidance of the genuine contenders.

It's at 165 apparently. Those Mexicans don't fcuk around (at skipping past 160 as quickly as possible)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

boxer.fan wrote: »
    Agree. I do think Spence has something a bit special. Bradley's head has taken a hell of a lot of abuse over the years.

Yeah a pre-Provodnikov TB vs Spence would have been great. Still a very good fight but Bradley is definitely shopworn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

ThunderCat wrote: »
    It's at 165 apparently. Those Mexicans don't fcuk around (at skipping past 160 as quickly as possible)

Canelo wants a rehydration clause to prevent Chavez Jr. from blowing up after weigh-in. I hope his team were able to ask for that with a straight face

• Advertisement

pac_man wrote: »
    Ricky Burns and Paulie Malignaggi looks set for April in Scotland. Paulie looking to get Algieri on board on the nutritional side of things as he hasn't made that weight since fight Khan in 2010.

Would have been a great fight 5 years ago but I guess it will draw a big crowd on name and should be a win for Burns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭dinorebel

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Would have been a great fight 5 years ago but I guess it will draw a big crowd on name and should be a win for Burns.

Hope Burns gets a big payday then walks away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

dinorebel wrote: »
    Hope Burns gets a big payday then walks away.

This has PPV written all over it:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Danye

Canelo has been made mandatory for the WBO middleweight tittle. Hopefully he puts an end to BJS reign, which could be the end of BJS career. I can't see him reclaiming a belt anytime soon when he looses this one.

May is being cited as possible fight month.

Danye wrote: »
    Canelo has been made mandatory for the WBO middleweight tittle. Hopefully he puts an end to BJS reign, which could be the end of BJS career. I can't see him reclaiming a belt anytime soon when he looses this one.

May is being cited as possible fight month.

Canelo is going to fight Chavez Jr. on Cinco De Mayo so he won't be fighting BJS in May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Danye

Canelo is going to fight Chavez Jr. on Cinco De Mayo so he won't be fighting BJS in May.

Has that been confirmed yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Danye wrote: »
    Has that been confirmed yet?

It's still marinating I think

Arum says they're working on Lomachenko-Corrales for April. Another No.1 vs No.2 fight. 2017 is looking like it could be the best year since 2013. We could do with it. The last three have been abysmal.

Very interesting fight that one. Corrales is very very slick and has a super Boxing brain. If he had proper KO power I'd give him ever chance but hard to look past Lomachenko who seems to get better with every fight. Definitely one for the purists though.

I see the WBC has ordered Badou Jack to fight Callum Smith. Obviously we all want to see a rematch with De Gale. Jack impresses me more and more while Smith becomes more overhyped and average with every fight in my opinion. At least 168 is getting some decent fight again.

Very interesting fight that one. Corrales is very very slick and has a super Boxing brain. If he had proper KO power I'd give him ever chance but hard to look past Lomachenko who seems to get better with every fight. Definitely one for the purists though.

I see the WBC has ordered Badou Jack to fight Callum Smith. Obviously we all want to see a rematch with De Gale. Jack impresses me more and more while Smith becomes more overhyped and average with every fight in my opinion. At least 168 is getting some decent fight again.

All the talk from Jack's camp is that he's moving up. Can't make the weight anymore they claim, even though he didn't seem to have stamina issues at the weekend.

We'll see how it goes. Could get DeGale-Smith if Jack vacates.

Henno30 wrote: »
    All the talk from Jack's camp is that he's moving up. Can't make the weight anymore they claim, even though he didn't seem to have stamina issues at the weekend.

We'll see how it goes. Could get DeGale-Smith if Jack vacates.

Yeah DeGale/Smith would seem to be on the cards regardless but that's interesting about Jack. Don't think he'd be a factor at all at 175 although a fight with Ward would most certainly be on the cards you'd feel. Safe defence for Ward.

Yeah DeGale/Smith would seem to be on the cards regardless but that's interesting about Jack. Don't think he'd be a factor at all at 175 although a fight with Ward would most certainly be on the cards you'd feel. Safe defence for Ward.

Floyd is saying they want Stevenson. If it went beyond six I'd give Jack a real shot. But odds are he gets caught big well before that.

I'd say DeGale will heal up & hold tough on Groves. Incredibly Groves is looking like he will get a another title shot for the WBA crown in the next couple of months. Could set up a unification bout later in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder-Ortiz nearly a done deal apparently. Will believe that when I see it. Ortiz would destroy him imo.

https://twitter.com/boxingscene/status/887424698627248128

Morrison J wrote: »
    Wilder-Ortiz nearly a done deal apparently. Will believe that when I see it. Ortiz would destroy him imo.

If it was 12 months ago I would have agreed with you but I have not been at all impressed with Ortiz in his fights against Scott & Allen. He is 38 now and will be giving up alot in height & reach against Wilder. It's a tough one to call for me.

• Advertisement

Jesus I just saw there he's with Al Haymon now...that Eddie Hearn affair didn't last long.

I think Wilder is rather underrated, but Ortiz can damn well box and has good power. It should be a banger of a fight. Wilder slight favourite seems about right though. Quick gawk at PP there, Ortiz is 6/5. Ortiz by TKO/KO will be getting some of my money for sure.

Jesus I just saw there he's with Al Haymon now...that Eddie Hearn affair didn't last long.

When did that happen? I assumed he was still with Hearn. He had 2 fights with Matchroom? Very odd.

When did that happen? I assumed he was still with Hearn. He had 2 fights with Matchroom? Very odd.

Just read an article on the scene which is dated late March this year. Never heard the news till now myself....very very odd. I know he bought his way out of the GBP contract and I'd assume the same happened here. Probably not happy with the calibre of fights he was getting.

If it was 12 months ago I would have agreed with you but I have not been at all impressed with Ortiz in his fights against Scott & Allen. He is 38 now and will be giving up alot in height & reach against Wilder. It's a tough one to call for me.

I wouldn't read much into those fights myself. Ortiz is a counter puncher, Scott ran for 12 rounds. Allen has an unbelievable chin. Wilder gets dropped on some of the shots Allen took in that fight.

Wilder is there for the taking imo. Bang average boxer. I'd be very confident Ortiz knocks him out. I'll be all over those odds on offer by Paddy Power.

Pretty sure Matchroom just signed Ortiz to a two fight deal. Ortiz probably thought it'd get him the Joshua fight or at least a Dillian Whyte fight. He ended up fighting Dave Allen at 4.30pm on an AJ undercard. Say he couldn't get away from Hearn soon enough.

The WBA have ordered that Jorge Linares has to defend his belt against Luke Campbell. Linares really ought to just move to the UK at this point, still it is a nice easy nights work for him so doubt he will complain too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Linares really ought to just move to the UK at this point, still it is a nice easy nights work for him so doubt he will complain too much.

He has! He's living in London, hence why his trainer is now working with David Haye

He has! He's living in London, hence why his trainer is now working with David Haye

Lol, there you go then!! :D

Advertisement