Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battery/mod urgent advice needed

• 15-02-2016 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

Hello chaps,

I bought some 18650 batteries 5 months ago and some more a couple of months ago, I only get about a day of vaping from each fully charged one vaping at about 20 watts, it this normal? I just feel like the performance is dropping over time, am I being unfair towards the batteries and is it a fact of life that I should be buying them more frequently, three are efest and two are Samsung I think.

Would I be better off getting a built in battery mod? If so which one would you recommend I want good quality and a long lasting battery I already have an evic but am finding those hard to come by but also wonder if there's anything better, I don't need temp control.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

I bought some 18650 batteries 5 months ago and some more a couple of months ago, I only get about a day of vaping from each fully charged one vaping at about 20 watts, it this normal? I just feel like the performance is dropping over time, am I being unfair towards the batteries and is it a fact of life that I should be buying them more frequently, three are efest and two are Samsung I think.

I'm vaping at Between 35-40 watts and in the course of a 15 hour day I go though between 4 and 6 batteries (Sonys & Samsung's)

To be fair I vape quite alot, its going to depend on how often, how long, and at what resistance and how many coils.

If you are only going though one battery a day you are doing really well IMHO

There aren't going to be any real benefits to a built in battery - you can only get so many mAh per cell, and the Samsungs are some of the best power per cell size on the market.

Battery performance DOES degrade over time. You should however be able to get a year+ out of a pair without too much degradation though with a decent charger - a bad charger will kill the battery sooner though.
    I already have an evic but am finding those hard to come by but also wonder if there's anything better

Evic Mini ? ... if you aren't using super low ohm coils or high wattage there is probably not much point in changing except to keep the shinyitis at bay ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

was.deevey wrote: »
    I'm vaping at Between 35-40 watts and in the course of a 15 hour day I go though between 4 and 6 batteries (Sonys & Samsung's)

To be fair I vape quite alot, its going to depend on how often, how long, and at what resistance and how many coils.

If you are only going though one battery a day you are doing really well IMHO

There aren't going to be any real benefits to a built in battery - you can only get so many mAh per cell, and the Samsungs are some of the best power per cell size on the market.

Battery performance DOES degrade over time. You should however be able to get a year+ out of a pair without too much degradation though with a decent charger - a bad charger will kill the battery sooner though.

Evic Mini ? ... if you aren't using super low ohm coils or high wattage there is probably not much point in changing except to keep the shinyitis at bay ;)

Evic vt.

I am using the nitecore d2 I think.

Maybe I'm just craving a posh mod and looking for the justification lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Evic vt.

The VT has a 4500mah built in LIPO battery - IMHO stick with something that uses the 18650 (2500mah) - I REALLY do not trust LIPO batteries in a device of this kind, and defiantly not anywhere near the family Jewels !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SU6ZsKSrRY
    I am using the nitecore d2 I think.

I use one myself, no complaints
    Maybe I'm just craving a posh mod and looking for the justification lol.

Hehe, most likely. Grab a Cuboid - I believe its even smaller than the VT and the same battery life with 2x18650's and alot more ooomph if you need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

monkeynuz wrote:

monkeynuz wrote:
    Would I be better off getting a built in battery mod? If so which one would you recommend I want good quality and a long lasting battery I already have an evic but am finding those hard to come by but also wonder if there's anything better, I don't need temp control.

Samsung 25r's are probably one of the best brands available,Efest aren't regarded as being as good but in fairness to them I've been using Efest for almost 3 years now troublefree.
    All batteries will degrade over a period of time and it's important to always discharge your battery fully and charge it fully before use as this seems to help with it's lifespan.
    Nitecore are a top charger so you should be ok there.
    Personally I prefer mods with seperate 18650's as it feels safer charging the batteries independent of the mod.

Advertisement