Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Galway - Moycullen

Options
  • 15-02-2016 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Moving to Moycullen in a month.
    Moving from Dublin city (Ringsend) so will be a change of pace and lifestyle for sure.
    I will be working from home (Gortachalla) so I won't have any kind of social working outlet.
    If anyone here has any links to any activities/volunteering/groups, would love to hear from them :)

My other half has been living in Galway for a couple of years and plays soccer/kayaking etc. (I'm not athletically inclined so wouldn't have much interest)
    Much prefer drama/volunteering(aged/kids etc) so would love to get involved with something within the Moycullen community :)

Also, on another note.. My mobile provider is three (which is o2 also I think) and I have no coverage in Moycullen, literally can't even send a text, let alone email!
    We will have broadband (Sky) but there must be some form of decent coverage in the area from a mobile provider?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭soadtool

Hey raemie, welcome to Moycullen. I can't really comment on your activity question, as I'm not living here long myself. But as towards the network coverage.... It's very poor. Both me and my wife had to change providers, only Vodafone and occasionally meteor are available. Even with that said, we also purchased a signal booster from Vodafone.
    This may have changed, but sky was the best option for tv/landline/internet. Ntl/virgin wasn't available in our area. Other providers for separate services are worth researching, but for us, bundling with sky was our best option.
    Hope this helps a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 biffoman58

raemie10 wrote: »
    Moving to Moycullen in a month.
    Moving from Dublin city (Ringsend) so will be a change of pace and lifestyle for sure.
    I will be working from home (Gortachalla) so I won't have any kind of social working outlet.
    If anyone here has any links to any activities/volunteering/groups, would love to hear from them :)

My other half has been living in Galway for a couple of years and plays soccer/kayaking etc. (I'm not athletically inclined so wouldn't have much interest)
    Much prefer drama/volunteering(aged/kids etc) so would love to get involved with something within the Moycullen community :)

Also, on another note.. My mobile provider is three (which is o2 also I think) and I have no coverage in Moycullen, literally can't even send a text, let alone email!
    We will have broadband (Sky) but there must be some form of decent coverage in the area from a mobile provider?!

Join The award-winning Moycullen Musical Society

Advertisement