Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to grow out half shaved haircut?

Options
  • 15-02-2016 7:05pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thanks to a craniotomy two months ago I have been sporting the "skrillex" look but as my hair has been growing (quite quickly luckily!) I've been trying to work out how I'm going to make this look somewhat decent? I've been googling but can't find too many ideas and can't dye my hair because of the scar. Is my only option to shave the other side of my hair or does anyone have any other ideas? Also, my hair is quite wavy/crazy so hard to style especially as I'm trying to avoid straighteners etc near my hair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Thanks to a craniotomy two months ago I have been sporting the "skrillex" look but as my hair has been growing (quite quickly luckily!) I've been trying to work out how I'm going to make this look somewhat decent? I've been googling but can't find too many ideas and can't dye my hair because of the scar. Is my only option to shave the other side of my hair or does anyone have any other ideas? Also, my hair is quite wavy/crazy so hard to style especially as I'm trying to avoid straighteners etc near my hair.

My son (19) had the same issue, for the same reason, especially after the proton therapy.
    His hair was quite long at the time and the loss of hair on one side did bother him initially. After a couple of weeks he just brushed it all back plonked his headphones on his head and left it for all to see.
    He basically said that whichever way that he brushed it made it look and feel awkward.
    Probably easier for him, but when he was out he had no problem chatting with anyone who he saw looking at him out of curiosity.
    But if that's not for you, maybe some advise from a hair stylist that does house calls would help.
    Very best wishes for your recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Natalie Dormer shaved the side of her head for the Hunger Games and she seems to be hiding the regrowth by changing her parting. You can still see the shaved part, but only if you're really looking for it. Luckily undercuts haven't totally gone out of fashion yet :)

natalie-Dormer.jpg

I don't think I'd shave the other side, it's an extreme look and if both sides grow out at different rates it might be too much hassle. My sister's hair stopped growing almost totally on one side (no idea why), so it can happen!

Best of luck with the recovery!

Advertisement