Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing bags?

Options
  • 15-02-2016 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Was hoping you all could recommend a great changing bag for me.
    Needs to be quite roomy(toddler and newborn)and want it to still look stylish.
    I was looking at the skip Hop forms backpack or baby mel satchel.

Thanks an advance guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I think the totes are so un-ergonomic and useless!!! Backpacks all the way for me. I got a really light North Face bag that's so handy. I can fit enough for a night away (incl his monitor) in it. And it packs away handy for travelling. Convenient front & side pockets, and it's comfy to wear if we're not bringing the buggy. I got a foldable changing mat (with pockets) in H&M for half nothing in a sale. Sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

I came across petunia picklebottom on Pinterest. Got a bag from Nordstrom online. Was a tad pricey for me but it was a splurge for myself. Use it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I got a Katy kidson large bag with a zip in Kildare before my daughter was born and it's still going strong. I didn't need a change bag as such but I needed something to thrown everything in for a toddler and a baby. Its waterproof so it's great when things spill inside it and I don't have to worry about it getting wet in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

I have a babymel big and slouchy bag, and I love it. My little man is only 4 wks so haven't been using for ages yet but it fits loads in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

We got this one, isn't cheap but our litl eon is now 17 months and we use it every day and think it's great. No sign of wear yet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000FVANA6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Second vote for the Cath Kidson one. It's oilcloth so spillages just wipe off. Loads of room, pockets and a change mat. It's had some rough treatment, been to the canaries and back and still looks like brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I never bother with a changing bag! I use an oral kiely tote bag for me and use a skip hop backpack for a nappy/wipes etc ;)
    My friend has a "pink lining yummy mummy one" and loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

I have an orla kiely changing bag & adore it. There was 11months between my kids & it was a perfect size for 2 of everything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I've had a pacapod one and an oral kiely one (both gifts). They were both so rigid though and quite heavy, even empty. This time I've bought s plain black baby elegance bag for €22 which I can throw over my head like a satchel. I'm not a big bag person so this might be the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I use a shopper style bag from parfois. Not expensive, and it looks like an ordinary handbag (because it is!)

The big strap fits over the buggy neatly. Smaller strap is for shoulder.

I had a dedicated nappy bag before, and drove myself to distraction carrying two bags around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I had a dedicated nappy bag before, and drove myself to distraction carrying two bags around.[/quote]

I used my changing bag up until recently. I gave up bringing my handbag for the same reason. I just threw my phone, keys and wallet in the changing bag. Two bags would be a recipe for disaster for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

The changing bag is your new handbag, a good one should be designed for this.
    I love the Pacopod coz in addition to the baby part being really user friendly, the bit that's custom made to be my handbag is also great (keyring for my keys to attach to, pouches for my Phone to slide into etc)
    I fly a lot and it's great to be able to take the nappy pod out and bring to bathroom to change her instead of having to bring the whole bag. Also really easy to take the food pod out when bottles etc have to be scanned separately at the security

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Lucuma wrote: »
    The changing bag is your new handbag, a good one should be designed for this.
    I love the Pacopod coz in addition to the baby part being really user friendly, the bit that's custom made to be my handbag is also great (keyring for my keys to attach to, pouches for my Phone to slide into etc)
    I fly a lot and it's great to be able to take the nappy pod out and bring to bathroom to change her instead of having to bring the whole bag. Also really easy to take the food pod out when bottles etc have to be scanned separately at the security

The price of them! :eek:
    lovely though!

Advertisement