Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New HTPC Build

Options
  • 15-02-2016 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

So i am thinking of building myself a new HTPC, i built one a few years ago and it's still going strong but i travel alot between 2 locations now and decided to build another one for the second location.

As far as building i'm grand and i know a good bit about hardware and all that, but i have been out of the game a little in the past 2 years due to work commitments and that so i was wondering if anyone had recommendations on specific parts or new things that i should consider in the build. most likey i will end up going for a

low end intel cpu celeron or maybe pentium
    4gb ram
    120gb ssd as boot
    have a couple of old laptop hard drives for the moment. might get a 2tb drive maybe

one thing i found difficult on the last build is choosing a case that suited

also what's the opinion on the intel NUC? should it be something to consider.

i may end up putting a tv tuner in it also. undecided have to see about satellite signal and what not

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

NUC I can recommend.
    If you need a tuner card in the future that could be USB connected.

Even a R-Pi2 with Openelec might suit.

Advertisement