Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offers over the asking price.

Options
  • 15-02-2016 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

I have seen a nice property that was listed at €145,000, I made an offer of 135k but the estate agent said that there is lots of interest and it should go for about 150k or so. I made a final offer of 142,500 and sure enough the estate agent said that the latest offer is 150k.. Is it normal these days for offers over the asking price????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

SNNUS wrote: »
    I have seen a nice property that was listed at €145,000, I made an offer of 135k but the estate agent said that there is lots of interest and it should go for about 150k or so. I made a final offer of 142,500 and sure enough the estate agent said that the latest offer is 150k.. Is it normal these days for offers over the asking price????

Some properties are priced to attract interest. Looks like this one did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

What have similar properties in the area sold for or are asking for? Perhaps some other bidder was told the same as you so to secure it they offered asking? It's a likely scenario. Also depends on demand in the area etc.

Legally all agents have to keep a record of bids. If you don't think its a real bid, don't offer any more and see if they come back to you. Only bid what you think a place is worth and what you can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

What have similar properties in the area sold for or are asking for? Perhaps some other bidder was told the same as you so to secure it they offered asking? It's a likely scenario. Also depends on demand in the area etc.

Legally all agents have to keep a record of bids. If you don't think its a real bid, don't offer any more and see if they come back to you. Only bid what you think a place is worth and what you can afford.

Other properties in the estate have sold for roughly 130k in the last few years, I know prices are going up but seems like a high percentage but I will not overstretch myself, some things are meant to be or not..

Looking at property register this house was purchased for 112,500 In 2014 while some last year went for 100k but may have been unfinished..

Advertisement