Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IVF at 43

Options
  • 15-02-2016 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I will be 43 next month. I have a little boy who is 16months and I was 41 at the time. Conceived quickly, easily and naturally. #2 is a dif story. TTC for 10months now and have had 2 chemical pregnancies in that time. So can conceive but they are not sticking. I'm very conscious of turning 43 and time being against me. I don't want to waste time waiting and seeing now. Neither am I convinced about the egg quality supplements. There are thoughts that you can' t really improve eggs at my age. I am considering IVF but at my age, is it realistic as the success rates seem so low. Am I realistically looking at donor eggs?

Any opinions welcome. I had the free SIMS AMH test done last Sept (42.5yrs) and it was 9.62.

Edit - even if it's worth the slim shot, what steps have to happen first? I'm assuming I wouldn't be offered IUI or that as we know we can conceive, I'm pretty sure egg quality is the issue at my age.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Bump. Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Sorry I can't add a lot to the post. Only suggestion I would have is to go and speak with a fertility clinic as soon as you can. They would have the best guidance in relation to options and I know once you are over 35 they move really quickly.

In regards to egg supplements I have not sued them myself, but from reading other experiences here I have yet to hear anyone recommend them.

Very best of luck to you xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

I know someone who is 43 and currently pregnant from IVF in Prague. It sounds like their screening technology is way better and they are half the price. If I go for IVF that's where I'll go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Appolonia1

Thumpette - could you tell me the name of the clinic in Prague?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Penelope101

Hi I'm 41 and we are also trying for baby no 2 for a while now. Unfortunately time is also against me. I would love to know the name of the client in Prague also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ThinkPlus

Ladies, 'Gennet' in Prague were great for me 5-6 years ago but I am not in the know now as regards clinics. There is a great anonymous support group on rollercoaster.ie (click on discussions and select donor conception). Lots of info and supportive ladies there. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

ThinkPlus wrote: »
    Ladies, 'Gennet' in Prague were great for me 5-6 years ago but I am not in the know now as regards clinics. There is a great anonymous support group on rollercoaster.ie (click on discussions and select donor conception). Lots of info and supportive ladies there. Best of luck.

Second that. Very informative. best of luck.

Advertisement