Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

custom artwork printing service

• 16-02-2016 9:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭

Does anybody know a cheap (yet quality ;)) printing service? I'd need a marquee on reverse print backlit film (and perhaps control pane - this would have to be polycarbinate laminate)..
    Also - is there any place in Lucan area I can get my MDF cut (there will be some curved lines so simple circular saw won't do it..)

Any ideas...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

damanloox wrote: »
    Does anybody know a cheap (yet quality ;)) printing service? I'd need a marquee on reverse print backlit film (and perhaps control pane - this would have to be polycarbinate laminate)..
    Also - is there any place in Lucan area I can get my MDF cut (there will be some curved lines so simple circular saw won't do it..)

Any ideas...?
    Dont bother with any office printing firms, head for a sign making shop,...Ive used a few sign makers in the past, for all sorts of stuff including full side art on adhesive laminated vinyl, these were for machines being custom built so quality and durability had to be top notch.

Before you go designing your artwork check what format and dpi etc they prefer to work with, basicly the less of a pain in the ar$e you are, the better you will find them to deal with. its a small job compared to what they will normally be at and lots of these places are driven daft with boy racers and camper owners popping in and asking for stuff from a google image search to be printed out and stuck on their pride and joy.

As odd as this may sound, assume that they have NEVER seen an arcade machine and explain what your piece is for.

Dont forget to leave a bleed area.

Make sure they know what side need to be sticky

As for cutting mdf, places will probably be after an .eps file for a cnc machine - again your lifetime dream project is only a small job for them and they may either not be interested or will charge a fortune - CNC cut stuff can still require a bit of finishing - I personally use a router with template following bit with a jig for my cabinets.

Check out my Advert in the marketplace in arcade services and you'll see a few custom builds in there - printed graphics from decent signmakers are worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭damanloox

Thanks for reply.
    How much would you charge for the attached job (ie. I'd only need the panels cut as in the pdf - I can handle the rest)?
    It's all 12mm MDF except of side panels which are 15mm with t-mold slots.

Use birch ply instead of mdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

I'll PM you and we can go over a few things.

Advertisement