Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington - 3 Time Major Winner/Ryder Cup Captain/US Senior Open Champion 2022!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Going to be appearing on the Ray D'Arcy show tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

"I like to chop wood to train during the winter. I find it very therapeutic." - Padraig Harrington

!!!!What A Man!!!!

IMG_6912.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

He's a lumberjack and he's OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Harro playing in Turkey at the moment. Got off to a nice start but playing the par 3 6th, he took a 7 on the hole.

In the water short off the tee and then playing his second ball, hit to the back of the green and then putted it back into the same pond from the back of the green. ( he overhit his putt by 30 feet )

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Rikand wrote: »
    Harro playing in Turkey at the moment. Got off to a nice start but playing the par 3 6th, he took a 7 on the hole.

In the water short off the tee and then playing his second ball, hit to the back of the green and then putted it back into the same pond from the back of the green. ( he overhit his putt by 30 feet )

you got to love him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

He still probably smiled picking his ball out of the hole..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Then on the next par 3 he birdies. My word, what a man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭bren2001

Down as a 6 on the leaderboard. Vintage Harrington however.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads is there a cut in this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

No, prize fund goes down to 75th, so I'd say no cut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

bren2001 wrote: »
    Down as a 6 on the leaderboard. Vintage Harrington however.

I was taking it from sky commentary so very likely to have been incorrect ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

savage start to the front 9, his back 9 for today..4 birdies in a row.. on 3 under at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Disappointing finish there again from Paddy....could have been so much better for him this week but not bad either....the 6th and 10th holes cost him 9 shots this week!! par them on each day and he's hitting the top 5...very simplistic i know but interesting that 2 specific holes could be so expensive.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Going well in the 1st round in the Genises open. High quality field on a quality golf course.

3 under thru 17

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Going well in the 1st round in the Genises open. High quality field on a quality golf course.

3 under thru 17

Splendid start. Carded a 67 - 4 under.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

He's back!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭abff

Great finish - birdie, birdie, birdie. Hopefully, that's a sign that things are starting to come together for him.

Great to see him on the first page of the leaderboard.

At last Sky apologise for the sound that keeps dropping.......was getting ready to switch off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Nice to see such a strong finish to round off a solid round. All too often he drops a shot on the last which can't help but affect him....or other times there'll be a token birdie on the 18th to round off an otherwise disappointing round. But he should have a spring in his step now which hopefully he can carry into the next round....I think comfortably making the cut after the previous few weeks will be progress....

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

I presume he would need a miracle over the next few week to qualify for the Masters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    I presume he would need a miracle over the next few week to qualify for the Masters?

No miracle required. He just needs to win a tournament :D

Not great today so far. 2 over though 12 holes to be at 2 under overall.

Haven't seen any of him on TV but from shot link it says he hit a 193 yard tee shot on the par 5 17th!!!!!! Wtf happened there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Birdie on 5, Now -3, nice fightback🇮🇪

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Stella89

He is playing with an injury , a trapped nerve which is affecting his power .

Poor first 9 today - 4 bogies and on e birdie, but got two birdies on his second 9, so not too much damage done.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Will he have to go again in r3 today can anyone estimate?

Will he have to go again in r3 today can anyone estimate?

Well Sergio who is on 3 under and he thinks he will get in 6 or 7 holes in. Can't quite see that myself. About 2 hours of daylight left

He got six holes of round 3 played - one birdie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Another fantastic interview by Paul Kimmage below with Shane and Paddy. Some laugh out loud moments combined with a fascinating insight to life on tour. Slightly worrying to hear Paddy talk about his current injury ending his career.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/golf/money-movies-and-motivations-padraig-harrington-and-shane-lowry-tell-paul-kimmage-about-life-on-tour-35462774.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

HighLine wrote: »
    Another fantastic interview by Paul Kimmage below with Shane and Paddy. Some laugh out loud moments combined with a fascinating insight to life on tour. Slightly worrying to hear Paddy talk about his current injury ending his career.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/golf/money-movies-and-motivations-padraig-harrington-and-shane-lowry-tell-paul-kimmage-about-life-on-tour-35462774.html

Cheers for posting, really enjoyed that

Advertisement