Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington - 3 Time Major Winner/Ryder Cup Captain/US Senior Open Champion 2022!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

martinkop wrote: »
    Mad looking stats from 1st round. :confused:

He was 112th in driving accuracy and 150th in distance; 103rd in GIR and 153rd in putting:eek:

But ended the day joint 2nd!!! :D
    Thats mad Ted.
    Must be leading in other stats though. Biggest smile maybe..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Time to hop on the bandwagon again methinks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

2 shot lead for Paddy!!!!!!!!

ohboy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

Seems really in control of his game this morning
    No wild tee shots or anything like that

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Birdie to go 4 clear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

martinkop wrote: »
    Mad looking stats from 1st round. :confused:

He was 112th in driving accuracy and 150th in distance; 103rd in GIR and 153rd in putting:eek:

But ended the day joint 2nd!!! :D

22 putts yesterday. Safe to say they've screwed their rankings and that should be 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

22 putts yesterday. Safe to say they've screwed their rankings and that should be 2nd.

Thinking those numbers were dodgy as was writing. ET new website is shocking poor :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

He makes you doubt him at times .

But for years people said he was finished .

For a lad myself early 40s . I'd think I'm in the scap heap.
    But see him at the top of a European tour event and go holy **** - that is unreal.

I've no embarrassment saying . The bloke is an absolute inspiration.

He is like your best mate . Infuriating at times . But love him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The footwork is mad at times. How the hell he's able to control the ball is mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Leader in the clubhouse at -9 !! This has a really great feeling to it.....!! What a man, what a man. Can we dream for next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

And what form to take into Birkdale.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Jayop wrote: »
    The footwork is mad at times. How the hell he's able to control the ball is mad.
    Clearly channelling his inner Happy Gilmore. :D

But it works :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Leader in the clubhouse at -9 !! This has a really great feeling to it.....!! What a man, what a man. Can we dream for next weekend.

I'd like to see him take a win where ever he can get it but if he wins here it would be very unlikely he would win again next weekend ....statistically .

But heh , that won't stop me standing on the carriage roof of the PH train , choo chooo !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

HighLine wrote: »
    And what form to take into Birkdale.......

He'll change his swing by then!

Seriously though, great to see him right up there. He's brilliant!

jonski wrote: »
    I'd like to see him take a win where ever he can get it but if he wins here it would be very unlikely he would win again next weekend ....statistically .

But heh , that won't stop me standing on the carriage roof of the PH train , choo chooo !

Ah, past statistics never bother Padraig. The chances of him a second major straight after the first must has been pretty high, and way out there again for winning the second Open after the first. So go on Paddy, win in Scotland and take that form into next weekend! We'll revise the stats later. Our Padraig just doesn't go with the norm!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Padraig seems really relaxed and happy with his game in his post-round interview. Hopefully see him finish strongly at the weekend! He's always a serious danger when he gets into contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,445 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Putting demons are back today, 2 missed from inside 3 feet in the first 4 holes.

Seems difficult all round with the weather.

Hopefully Harrington can hang in there, a birdie soon would settle him after a poor start

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Padraig seems really relaxed and happy with his game in his post-round interview. Hopefully see him finish strongly at the weekend! He's always a serious danger when he gets into contention.

At the rate he's taking the scenic route today, I doubt he'll be a danger:).

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭abff

I'm abroad with no access to Sky Sports. I see he's now 4 over - wheels seem to have fallen off. Is it just his putting, or has his whole game fallen apart?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,445 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

abff wrote: »
    I'm abroad with no access to Sky Sports. I see he's now 4 over - wheels seem to have fallen off. Is it just his putting, or has his whole game fallen apart?

Missed 3 very short par putts and one birdie putt from about 6 feet, the other dropped shot he hit a bad drive. The 3 putt at the first was a terrible way to start and he did that in the last 3 rounds in a row last week too I think.

Double bogey now, back to -3

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JaffaP

A horror show today, unfortunately.

+7 for the day.

Back to -2 overall. Very disappointing day for him

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Terrible day for him, yet he's still smiling at the end

big_drive wrote: »
    +7 for the day.

Back to -2 overall. Very disappointing day for him

OMG. Ah well, statistically he probably has a better chance of winning the British Open now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tigerwood1

back to -7 today after 16 inside the the top 10, fingers crossed a level par or better for last two and he be in great position for next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Anything close to level par yesterday and he wins this at a canter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tigerwood1

After yesterdays disaster to come back with a 66 today -8 tied 4th. Some man for one man:).

Advertisement