Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington - 3 Time Major Winner/Ryder Cup Captain/US Senior Open Champion 2022!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭abff

European Tour website is a joke! Still showing Harrington at 5 under for the day after 16. Hasn't changed for about 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

A cracking 66 today to finish on -8. if only, if only..... he'd got his head ( that he's always talking about) together yesterday !!!

abff wrote: »
    European Tour website is a joke! Still showing Harrington at 5 under for the day after 16. Hasn't changed for about 20 minutes.

It's now 6 o'clock and the website is still showing Harrington as 7 under after 16. WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

A cracking 66 today to finish on -8. if only, if only..... he'd got his head ( that he's always talking about) together yesterday !!!

Says Bob is gonna be there next week. Even Bob must be thinking to himself, what's this lad gonna throw at me today? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

It's now 6 o'clock and the website is still showing Harrington as 7 under after 16. WTF?

RTE have a live leaderboard link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Bung a good stern email off to them about that. Will be interesting if their reply, relatively speaking, will match their updating of the website page.

RTE have a live leaderboard link.

They appear to be taking their scores directly from the European Tour website. It's now 20:10 and they are showing Callum Shinkwin as having two holes still to play!

What a shambles!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I said that last week. For an organisation their size . They are a joke.

Even their app ..has about 2 stars on reviews.

They are not exactly trying to tell you something complicated. A score within a reasonable time frame . 15 minutes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

always been miles behind pga tour
    their old website was great, they just needed an app and a facelift, not a new piece of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

They are not exactly trying to tell you something complicated. A score within a reasonable time frame . 15 minutes ?

Then you have that clown Pelley talking about being innovative when they can't even put together a functioning website to keep people informed. It amazes me that they can still find sponsorship and companies are willingly giving these idiots money.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/golf/2017/0714/890314-pelley-preview/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Then you have that clown Pelley talking about being innovative when they can't even put together a functioning website to keep people informed. It amazes me that they can still find sponsorship and companies are willingly giving these idiots money.

If you listen to his interview on Newstalk from the Irish Open he accepts it is a disaster, it was contracted out, probably story-boarded, looked great but the functionality is just awful when delivered. Seems to me like the Tour had the best of intentions and the contractor f*cked up, to be fair to Pelley at least he is trying new things, the Rolex series seems to be drawing better fields so far

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

It's just so awful - I used to teach this stuff and that site would get a FAIL.

That said, I had to go out yesterday at 1730, recorded what was left, and managed to get home without hearing the result and could watch the end on my recording!

Great round from Padraig, and nice interview. Looking good for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Vote for Harrington to be the featured group in the Open - maybe RT as well..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Vote for Harrington to be the featured group in the Open
    Life's too short, sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Lovely little watch.

Paddy's new shoes give him an extra 5 yards :)

https://www.facebook.com/GolfChannel/videos/10154856961016676/

Quintis wrote: »

If you listen to his interview on Newstalk from the Irish Open he accepts it is a disaster, it was contracted out, probably story-boarded, looked great but the functionality is just awful when delivered. Seems to me like the Tour had the best of intentions and the contractor f*cked up, to be fair to Pelley at least he is trying new things, the Rolex series seems to be drawing better fields so far

He accepts it's a disaster yet is persisting with it? I can't believe there is nothing in place where if the new website doesn't work they can't revert to the old layout. Even boards can do that. But I guess the sponsors must be placated and even if the website is an unusable pile of ****e, at least the sponsors' names are splattered across it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

It is always disappointing to miss a cut but I have to say that this one is a little sore. I went into the week very happy with my game and that fact that it was at Royal Birkdale meant that I really wanted to be around for the weekend. Like all missed cuts I am over it pretty quickly and I enjoyed watching the weekend’s events unfold. Watching tournaments on TV is so different to playing them because when you are playing and see the leaderboard you feel that everyone is playing great, but when your watching it you get to see all the good and bad breaks that everyone gets. It’s a good reminder of what happens for you when you win.
    In practice last week I played well and having been playing well for the last few weeks, I was looking forward to the week. I could say that I got the bad side of the draw but then I won here in 2008 from the bad side and also Jordan played in the group behind me this year.
    My first round had the potential to be good. I got off to a good start and was playing well, had good birdie chances in the first few holes but I couldn’t convert any of them. Then in the middle I played averagely and was scrambling, but I missed a short putt on the 7th for par then a bad drive on the 11th caught the ditch and I had to take a penalty drop which cost me a double bogey. I was three over with the two par fives to come and so was thinking that I could salvage my round but I was only able to par my way in for a round of 73, 3 over par. It was really the start that let me down and if I had holed a couple of putts early on it would have been a different story.
    I dropped shots early in my second round, double bogeying the 2nd hole after driving into a fairway bunker and then three putting the 3rd to go to 6 over for the week and outside of the cut mark. I battled along for the round and we got some bad weather at times, but again a lack of birdies cost me. I birdied the 17th to get back to 6 over par playing the last and I knew that I needed a birdie to make the cut. I hit a good drive and left myself a 6 iron, which came up short on me. I had to chip in to make the cut and I have to say I hit a super chip shot, which I was sure was going in but it somehow ran over the right lip. I was gutted!
    I had played well enough to make the cut comfortably, but I just didn’t convert enough birdie chances and when you aren’t taking your chances in the weather we were playing in, it becomes very difficult. When I dropped shots I wasn’t able to get them back.
    All in all it was a very disappointing week. Having been looking forward to the week for so long, not to make the cut and be there for the weekend was a big downer. However I know that my game is in good shape and that the putts will drop soon. I’m off for a week and then I head to Reno for the Barracuda Championship. However, I’m looking forward to some downtime at home before I head to the US.
    I watched pretty much all of the last the two rounds and they were enthralling. Like everyone, I thought Jordan Speith had it won and then I thought he had lost it, only to come back again with an amazing display on the last 5 holes to win. Congrats Jordan and welcome to "The Champion Golfer of the Year" Club!!!
    Talk soon,
    Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,398 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

He's just such a nice guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

never saw this before - explains everything- well somethings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

dball wrote: »
    never saw this before - explains everything- well somethings
    [/YOUTUBE]

Saw that before all right. Love Paddy and all that.... but 70 yards extra with the same iron with different grooves...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

It was a long way to go to miss the cut. The funny thing was that I played very well so to miss out on the weekend was particularly annoying. I made three double bogeys from three bad shots, which I would say was about as many bad shots as I hit in the two days. What killed me was not holing putts, as over the two days I missed about 20 good birdie chances and even with the three doubles, I still should have been well inside the cut mark.
    It was frustrating as I didn't hit bad putts, but for some reason I struggled to see the lines and slopes on the greens during the week. Together with that, I know that you get weeks where the ball just doesn't go in the hole for you. I am not stressing about it as I know that I rolled the ball very well.
    I stayed around for the weekend and practiced, nothing too much as there really wasn't much to practice. I spent most of my time working on my wedge play as there will be plenty of wedges at Quail Hollow, the site of the PGA Championship next week.
    The format, stableford points, was a nice deviation from our normal strokeplay week. It meant that you had to be a bit more aggressive as it was more beneficial to make birdies and bogeys rather then pars. For me I only made the one bogey, but it was the doubles that killed me. That said I enjoyed the format and wouldn't mind playing it more often.
    While it's disappointing to miss the cut, I am not worried about my game as it is in very good shape. I'm actually excited about The PGA as I know that I am playing well enough to have a good week.
    Talk soon,
    Padraig

Padraig has just had three double bogeys in a row. Not sure what's gone wrong with his game since the Scottish Open. It all seemed to be coming together and now this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

From previously reading Padraig's accounts of his play for a while some time back, I presume without looking at them his above ones amount roughly to, "Unfortunately I was terrible this week but the good news is I figured out why I was terrible and so things are looking up." The next week's account of his troubles would mirror more or less exactly the previous one, having again solved why things went so wrong and so again things looking up.

I think peoples' expectations of him are too high. He will still have good weeks and maybe occasionally content but his score yesterday is not at all surprising on a course that looks really difficult. Just look at some of the names around him. He is in good company.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Good 66 today, currently joint 20th

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

You wouldn't think he would shoot 4 under after reading his tournament preview this morning. Not his usual everything feels good comments. He was surprisingly negative

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Doesn't he have to win it or finish runner up to retain his PGA card? Not that it really matters he'll get enough sponsors invites to still play out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

No, he has a medical exemption due to the surgery earlier this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JaffaP

68 today.

Another good round, but a shame about a sloppy bogey from the fairway at the last.

Advertisement