Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington - 3 Time Major Winner/Ryder Cup Captain/US Senior Open Champion 2022!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I'm using Podcast Addict and it works perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

are you talking about the off the ball paper review? or irishman abroad with jarlath regan?

The irishman abroad podcast only has 100 episodes back to episode 126, podge is 107 so it's not listed. That's the one i'm looking for if anyone can help.

Talking about An Irishman Abroad. On my App (podcast addict) I can look back to all the interviews and not just the last 100. The problem is more than likely the app you're using.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

are you talking about the off the ball paper review? or irishman abroad with jarlath regan?

The irishman abroad podcast only has 100 episodes back to episode 126, podge is 107 so it's not listed. That's the one i'm looking for if anyone can help.

As above, you need to get the irish man abroad app to go back that far. I'd recommend other interviews he does also. His interview style might not be to everyone's liking but the guests he has on tend to be quite interesting. Recently listened to Mick McCarthy and Jason Sherlock. Both very listenable.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    As above, you need to get the irish man abroad app to go back that far. I'd recommend other interviews he does also. His interview style might not be to everyone's liking but the guests he has on tend to be quite interesting. Recently listened to Mick McCarthy and Jason Sherlock. Both very listenable.....

Urrrgggg, scratch that last post. I listened to his last podcast and he mentioned he was going subscription based. Literally just downloaded the app there to have a look for myself and everything pre podcast 126 is only available on subscription so you wont get paddy....plenty of other decent ones there though.....

• Advertisement

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Urrrgggg, scratch that last post. I listened to his last podcast and he mentioned he was going subscription based. Literally just downloaded the app there to have a look for myself and everything pre podcast 126 is only available on subscription so you wont get paddy....plenty of other decent ones there though.....

Yeah i've tried 3 different podcast apps now and I can't see anything before 126. Listened to McGinley earlier but Lowry is before 126 so can't get his either.

I wonder would there be any torrents of these podcasts.

Yeah i've tried 3 different podcast apps now and I can't see anything before 126. Listened to McGinley earlier but Lowry is before 126 so can't get his either.

I wonder would there be any torrents of these podcasts.

Have to tried podcast addict on android?

Yes, that was the second one i tried after your recommendation last night. I'm getting the same results as Marcus mentioned. episode 126 onwards and none before that. Maybe you have them all as you have been listening and downloading as they are released??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Padraig will be on the Late Late show tomorrow night

paulie21 wrote: »

Think I'll watch it so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

paulie21 wrote: »

do they list a guest running schedule anywhere? Would like to keep my viewing time to the bare minimum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Padraig on late late now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Tubs is an absolute plank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Some interesting posts on Paddy's Twitter today! :D Think someone needs to let him know his account has been hacked.

https://twitter.com/padraig_h

• Registered Users Posts: 11,445 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

HighLine wrote: »
    Some interesting posts on Paddy's Twitter today! :D Think someone needs to let him know his account has been hacked.

https://twitter.com/padraig_h

Was wondering what the fook was going on!! Nice shot Tammy

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Padraig, Rory & Adam Scott are part of the Featured Groups live on Sky Sports Golf right now in the first round of the Honda Classic.

Sadly he's making a mess of the fourth.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Harrington is all over the place

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Padraig, Rory & Adam Scott are part of the Featured Groups live on Sky Sports Golf right now in the first round of the Honda Classic.
    Watching it there, 3 bad shots in a row for Paddy.

Nice to see him and Rory together after the interview the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Nice birdie on 5

• Advertisement

Nightmare stuff today, +6.......

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Nightmare stuff today, +6.......
    ...This is exactly it...I'm not sure how much tv coverage he was given, but I followed his group for the 18 holes, and not once did he look comfortable...He pulled so many shots right, and actually scrambled quite well for the first 12 holes or so...His first double bogey was very poor, and he actually had one drive go 30 yards right onto a different fairway...
    ...Will be out with him again in the morning, but sadly it's extremely unlikely he'll be in it the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

It was a very disappointing week for me. Having won on the PGA National course in 2015, I was going there looking forward to playing four rounds, but going home early was not in my plan. What was most disappointing was that I drove the ball well for the two days. In my first round I only missed two fairways, but I would never have thought that I would shoot six over par having hit so many. My iron play was poor and cost me a couple of bad holes. In the second round I had a bad day on the greens, with three 3 putts, as well as three water balls. Not what you want when you need to shoot under par to make the cut.
    However, the positive that I am taking away from the week is how well I drove the ball in terms of fairways hit and also my ball speed. On Thursday my ball speed on the 3rd hole (where they record it for Tour purposes) was 175 mph and on Friday it was 178 mph, which was the fastest that I have had recorded in a tournament. While my iron play was poor, I know that if I continue to drive the ball like that then I will have a good season. Last week was just a bad week with my irons and not something that I have to worry about long term. My three putts on Friday were also just a bad day on the greens and I remain very happy with my putting. My short putting is very good; I would actually say it is better than it ever has been. I know it seems funny to be so positive considering I missed the cut by so much but there were a lot of good signs for me. For example, I am also delighted with my new Titleist ProV1 golf ball. I am finding it easier to chip with - I am hitting my spot on the green with ease now and I am back to having to hit my flop shots hard to get them to the hole.
    The first few weeks isn’t the start to the season that I had planned but I am feeling good about the rest of my season. One of the things that I have to do to make sure that I perform well for the rest of the year is to practice better. I have to get myself to do more “tournament like” practice. I did a lot of this in 2012 and it was my best ever ball striking year, had I not had a poor time on the greens then it could well have been my best ever year on the course. I am happy with the few things that I am working on in my swing, which allows me to get out on the course to play more and do my work out there, otherwise I end up on the range looking for something to work on. I am committed to practicing properly as I know that it will make the difference for me.
    The only good thing about missing the cut was that I returned home a couple of days early to see everyone. I had been away for 5 weeks so as you can imagine it was great getting back home, especially as I was looking forward to a good cup of tea and some toast since I left.
    I’ll be starting my new practice regime this week so that I am ready to play next week in Tampa.
    Talk soon,
    Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

That double bogey has got to hurt

Horrible stuff today, including a 9 after two trips to the water.

Really disappointing missed cut after a promising first round. Struggling to get anything going this year.

This was my most gutting week of the season so far. To miss the cut by a shot was absolutely devastating as I had been going along nicely; with four holes to play I was one under par and two shots inside the cut mark. I had missed a few chances and let a couple of shots slip by not getting up and down, however I was feeling good and cruising along till I got to the sixth hole, my 15th.
    I stood on the 15th tee on Friday one under par and when I walked off the hole I was three over par. Two balls in the water will do that! I mi**** my first tee shot, which was on a tight line and it came up short of carrying. Then on my second tee shot I went on a very tight line but it didn’t carry either. I was so annoyed with myself walking up the hole as I really didn’t need to take on the tee shot as I did with my first drive. It was on in two but with where the flag it was, it made more sense to play it as a three shot hole. To add insult to injury I took three to get down from the edge of the green.
    Walking to the next hole at three over I was a bit shocked as I couldn’t believe what I had just done. I did manage to get myself together and make a birdie on the 7th which left me needing another birdie in the last two holes to make the cut. I came very close on the 8th when my putt sat on the lip and then on the 9th I hit a very good putt on the line I wanted but it broke more than I thought it would.
    It was another missed cut but this one had a lot more pain attached to it. I felt that I was control for all bar one hole and unfortunately it was enough to knock me out of the weekend. What was especially disappointing was that I felt my irons were improving and that I was getting close to a good score. I dropped a couple of shots by not getting up and down where I should and then I missed a couple of chances. I certainly felt that I could shoot a good score over the weekend had I been there.
    The work I did with George definitely helped my iron play and I hit a lot more consistent shots with them. Now I have 10 days to work on it before my next tournament and with the bad weather at home I have decided to stay out in the States for the week to get some practice in. I really want to get some practice done on my wedge play as this area needs some work and I can see I am not quite confident enough when I have a wedge in my hand.
    I didn’t get to see the final round but I was listening to it on the radio. What a performance it was from Rory and it’s great to see him back to his best!
    Talk soon,
    Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Always enjoy reading his analysis of his rounds, always open and honest. It was a pretty poor decision on 6. Expect better from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Ugh Padraig...Why do you continue to do this to us...As everyone knows, it's the hope that kills ya... I'd happily admit to crying in joy if he was to somehow pull this off and make it to the masters next week...
    ...-5 first round, great start!!!...

After a week of playing and practicing I am back in action at the Houston Open at the Golf Club of Houston. I’ve been coming here since it became the tournament the week before the Masters and always enjoyed it as the course is always presented in immaculate condition. I’ve had good and bad weeks in terms of performance but always enjoyed the week.
    I had a productive time in Florida last week. I spent it working on my game, but not technically as I got to play golf and practice on the course, getting used to making birdies by playing various games, which I hadn’t done in quite a while and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I also played a few matches with Shane and another friend of ours, Stephen Grant and I even managed to get some of their money!!
    After the week I feel that I am getting back to where I want to be in terms of playing golf. I’m looking forward to playing and to trying to get myself into competitive mode. I haven’t managed to perform so far this year but I know I’m not far away. There were good signs at the Arnold Palmer Invitational and also last week. It’s a case of getting some solid rounds in and building momentum.
    George was here on Tuesday and so I played my practice round with Danny Lee and Sung Yung Kang, both of whom are coached by him. He walked round the eighteen holes with us and it was good to have him see me play on the course. We talked and I was able to check a few things with him.
    This week I am playing early on Thursday and late on Friday with Jonas Blixit and Emillio Grillo. I know that my game is not far away. It only takes something small to get the spark going and hopefully it can happen this week.
    Talk soon,
    Padraig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Nice round.

We are use to seeing him have a good round and maybe fade a bit theses days.

Hopefully he keeps it up.

That time he was plying well but having a few doubles was the real torture time (maybe 3 years ago) - nice to see only birds on the card.

Advertisement