Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington - 3 Time Major Winner/Ryder Cup Captain/US Senior Open Champion 2022!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

While I haven’t had a tournament for the last couple of weeks I have been busy. I was over in Carnoustie for a couple of outings and also have been practicing away at home. It was nice to get over to Carnoustie for a look around. Even though I know it well, it’s always nice to see the course during the year as it helps with the preparation.
    This week I’m in Dallas for the AT&T Byron Nelson. I’ve played in this tournament a good few times and enjoyed it. This year we are at a new venue, Trinity Forest Golf Club. I heard a bit about it before I got here as a friend of mine is in College at SMU and they use it as their practice course. My first look at it was on Tuesday when I played nine holes. I really liked it and it reminded me of the course the Olympics was held at in Rio. It has the look of a links and while it is not running very fast just yet, I can see that it has the potential to play hard and fast.
    I played the back nine on Tuesday and then the front nine on Wednesday in the pro-am. The course is set up very well and in good shape. You can see from playing it and the way it is designed that the wind plays a big part in how the course plays. The driving areas are pretty generous and then the greens are quite sloped with run offs around them. A lot of the features on this course are ones that I would have on a course I would design - I like run offs as it is possible to putt and chip. There is also a good mix of long and short holes. All in all it’s a good golf course. It is very different to what we play over here week in and week out, but not so much from home as it’s quite links like.
    I’m happy with how I am playing. I saw some very good signs when I played last in New Orleans a few weeks ago. I really like the course and how it sets up and I’m looking forward to getting out on it tomorrow and seeing how it plays in a tournament. I’m playing my first two rounds with Ernie Els and Rod Pampling at 12.30pm on Thursday and 7.30am on Friday. It’s rare nowadays that I am the young guy in the group!!
    Talk soon,
    Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

+6 for his front 9 :( at wentworth.

This week I’m in Wentworth, near London, for the BMW PGA Championship. I arrived from Dallas on Monday afternoon. As it’s my first event in Europe this year I had a number of commitments penciled in for the week, but as I got in a bit earlier than I expected on Monday, I went to the course for a couple of hours and got a few of the things done and also a bit of putting practice.
    On Tuesday I was tied up for most of the day with my announcement as one of Thomas Bjorn’s Ryder Cup Vice Captains. It’s great to be involved again and I’m looking forward to helping Thomas in any way I can. I got some practice done before the announcement and then some afterwards but I never got out on to the course.
    On Wednesday I played the afternoon pro-am with AP McCoy, Keith Wood and Brian O’Driscoll. We had great craic, but unfortunately we didn’t do any good.
    The course is in great shape and the greens are good and firm. It’s a much tougher test around the greens nowadays than it used to be. The changes they made before last year have settled in now and have dramatically improved the course. It is now a tough test and you have to play well from tee to green to score well. If you miss greens it’s hard to get the ball up and down so the only way to score here nowadays is to hit fairways and greens.
    I’m playing with Ross Fisher and Rafa Caberra Bello at 8.15am on Thursday morning and then 12.40pm on Friday afternoon. It hasn’t been my favourite course over the years but I’m looking forward to getting out and improving my record here.
    Talk soon,
    Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

redarmy wrote: »
    This week I’m in Wentworth, near London, for the BMW PGA Championship. I arrived from Dallas on Monday afternoon. As it’s my first event in Europe this year I had a number of commitments penciled in for the week, but as I got in a bit earlier than I expected on Monday, I went to the course for a couple of hours and got a few of the things done and also a bit of putting practice.
    On Tuesday I was tied up for most of the day with my announcement as one of Thomas Bjorn’s Ryder Cup Vice Captains. It’s great to be involved again and I’m looking forward to helping Thomas in any way I can. I got some practice done before the announcement and then some afterwards but I never got out on to the course.
    On Wednesday I played the afternoon pro-am with AP McCoy, Keith Wood and Brian O’Driscoll. We had great craic, but unfortunately we didn’t do any good.
    The course is in great shape and the greens are good and firm. It’s a much tougher test around the greens nowadays than it used to be. The changes they made before last year have settled in now and have dramatically improved the course. It is now a tough test and you have to play well from tee to green to score well. If you miss greens it’s hard to get the ball up and down so the only way to score here nowadays is to hit fairways and greens.
    I’m playing with Ross Fisher and Rafa Caberra Bello at 8.15am on Thursday morning and then 12.40pm on Friday afternoon. It hasn’t been my favourite course over the years but I’m looking forward to getting out and improving my record here.
    Talk soon,
    Padraig.

...Sadly it's looking like it'll be just be a 2 round week for him...Played really poor yesterday by looks of It...Has had a really bad season thus far...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Great recovery today from paddy....have to admit I despaired when I saw the double bogey on the last yesterday after recovering well from a horrible start....would love to see him continue this into the weekend for a strong finish as god knows he needs a decent week to build from....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

I love it when he shoots a round without a dropped shot. Nice score today. Hopefully he can keep it up over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

currently T10 in US Open qualifying after a good start to round 2, 4 birdies in 6 holes.

Top 14 players qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 three putt

Going well in the US Open qualifiers ... Would be great to see him qualify

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Anywhere to view the leaderboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Anywhere to view the leaderboard?

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2018/tournamentid=2018047/leaderboard/index.html#/leaderboard

Lot of people tied 9th. 1 bogey and you're out

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »

Bogeyed the 10th

Tied 15th now

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

callaway92 wrote:
    Bogeyed the 10th

And the 11th . Typical Harrington bogey birdie performance. Needs to play last 7 holes in 2 under

All going a bit Pete Tong

callaway92 wrote:
    All going a bit Pete Tong

The normal roller coaster ride :)
    Paul Dunne just made double bogey to end his chance. Seamus power 3 under through 9 in first round in Tennessee qualifier in America

Any other chances for players to qualify other than getting in World Top 50 after today's qualifiers Worldwide?

No that's it
    He needs to birdie 18 here to get into a 9 man play off for one spot 

Actually he is playing FedEx st Jude this week. Winner gets in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I will tempt faith here, nice start today

And a bogey on the seventh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I will tempt faith here, nice start today

You meant fate, but faith might be more appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Going along nicely, -4 after 16, -3 after 17. Now has driven into water on 18. Ah Padraig, why do you keep raising my hopes only to dash them again.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Ok, just a bogey on 18. Back to -2, two off the lead, so not a bad day overall.

Tee shot in the water on 18 for the 4th day in a row ! Must be some sort of record

It was a long week in terms of the golf, but it felt like a quick week in Memphis. As I only got in Tuesday night it meant that the week went by quickly. It wasn’t the week I was hoping for but it wasn’t far away either.
    I finished in a tie for 56th on two over par, but I felt that I played a lot better than that for most of the week. My rounds got off to good starts, but my back nines were poor. I was four under par in the first round with two holes to play but I bogeyed them both. I had a case of that sort of thing all week. In the final round I was one under for the tournament with four to play and I Nicole Flabby Sludge two of my last four holes....
    I hit a lot of very good shots during the week and my striking on the range was very good, but last week my poor shots were very costly - I hit seven balls into water hazards! The 18th was the most costly for me as I hit my drive in the water all four days and ended up playing the hole in six over par for the week. If I had played that hole in level par then it would have been a solid week.
    Golf, however, is full of ifs and buts. Whilst my finish hasn’t shown it, I know that my game is very close. If I can eliminate the couple of poor shots that I am hitting in a round then I can see myself having some very good weeks. My short game is getting better and better, whilst I can see my confidence coming back in it by the shots that I am hitting.
    I’m disappointed to have finished where I did but I left knowing I am very close to getting on a good run. I’m off for the week so will be glued to the TV from Thursday to Sunday watching the US Open. I’d love to be there but unfortunately not this year.....
    I’m looking forward to a week at home. I’ll take it easy and do some practice, but not too much.
    Talk soon,
    Padraig.

Good day today,predictions please,i reckon he will finish in the top ten

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

Don't think he has the game to shoot -18 any more. Should be a good week but don't think t10

• Registered Users Posts: 11,445 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

MDF.

Whatever the cut Mark is tomorrow when he tees off he will hover around that all day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

Padraig Harrington

-5 only 5 off the lead,

C'mon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

And shoots five over to finish almost at the back of the field. I feel for the guy but he'd do your head in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

First Up wrote: »
    And shoots five over to finish almost at the back of the field. I feel for the guy but he'd do your head in.

Made Did Finish

Advertisement