Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington - 3 Time Major Winner/Ryder Cup Captain/US Senior Open Champion 2022!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

It's showing a 3 for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Synode wrote: »
    It's showing a 3 for me?

Was down as a 2 for a good hour. Changed to a 3 in the last 20mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭paulos53

A 3 now for me as well. I was thinking it was too good to be true :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

It's now showing as a 4! WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Two birds in a row -9 now, 2 off the lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

-10 , tied for 2nd

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Finished with lovely birdie on 18, pros love that

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I watched him yesterday - fair play to him he'll try anything to get a "fix" in his game. The current one isn't particularly good viewing however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Buckle up!!!!!!

It’s happening, it’s really happening!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

choo choo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

some shooting:

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tigerwood1

Come on Thomas Harry for a wildcare:)

Joint leader -16, i have to say i did'nt see this coming he must of being a big price going in to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭paulos53

Ronan Flood picked a bad week to go on holidays. Gerry Byrne is on the bag this week.

paulos53 wrote: »
    Ronan Flood picked a bad week to go on holidays. Gerry Byrne is on the bag this week.
    Was just wondering where ronan was, he is lucky he is the brother in law.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Dr Devious

As he said himself post round I just hope he hasn't shot his sunday final round on saturday.(same for Pavon) So much for Thomas Bjorn telling Pod to keep an eye on the form of Thomas Pieters. All things said its bound to be between the pair of leaders, none of the immediate chasing pack would put the frighteners on anyone, a couple of early birdies would leave it very tough to close the gap. C'mon POD.

what about a W.
    Where would that put him on the RC rankings>

there i said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Would a win do anything for next years card?

GreeBo wrote: »
    Would a win do anything for next years card?

Sure you know he doesn’t need a card with lifetime membership (I presume)

It feels like Christmas Eve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

dball wrote: »
    what about a W.
    Where would that put him on the RC rankings>

there i said it.

Nowhere.

I'm very excited. Hopefully he keeps his cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Good luck Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Yes good luck Padraic. Would love to see him winning again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Be great if he could pull it off today. Especially after what has so far been his worst season on tour so far. The whole pause after his takeaway and left foot lift is pure mad but so Padraig. A win would keep him exempt until he hits the seniors(i think) and without having to rely on his honourary lifetime exemption.

Either way, he’s had some career so far and although his great form tailed off after 2008, he has still been competing, contending and even winning sporadically. There are a lot of guys whose career went off a cliff after their majors - Campbell, Weir, Lyle, Duval, etc.. Padraig has given us so much to cheer about even over the last 10 years after his best.

Would make my year, let it happen

Here we go. Put on your seatbelts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Adiaga 2 wrote: »
    Be great if he could pull it off today. Especially after what has so far been his worst season on tour so far. The whole pause after his takeaway and left foot lift is pure mad but so Padraig. A win would keep him exempt until he hits the seniors(i think) and without having to rely on his honourary lifetime exemption.

Either way, he’s had some career so far and although his great form tailed off after 2008, he has still been competing, contending and even winning sporadically. There are a lot of guys whose career went off a cliff after their majors - Campbell, Weir, Lyle, Duval, etc.. Padraig has given us so much to cheer about even over the last 10 years after his best.
    To be fair to paddy, I would have said that his form more alarmingly tailed off after 2009. Seems a long time ago now so people have probably forgotten but he was actually in very good form in the 2nd half of 2009. He was right in the hunt in the PGA with a few holes to go (I think he bombed a chip on a par 3 across the green and into the water to kill himself off) and was top 5 most if not all the Fedex events and was in the hunt to win it going into the final tournament, all be it he would have needed to win it I think...anyway, just thought i'd give him the benefit of an extra year's credit of top end competitiveness!

Re today, fingers crossed but i'd prefer to see him a shot or 2 behind and chasing rather than leading. Its a seriously weak field to be fair so he must be confident of closing it out. I think he has a decent record since '09 of closing out tournaments that he is in the mix for into the final day which goes to show how little that has happened! The one obviously exception would be the open a few years ago but that was a turkey shoot he was never gonna win without a flawless round given how many were in the mix......

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

What a beauty of a putt on the first. Cracking start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Unreal putt on first

Advertisement