Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington - 3 Time Major Winner/Ryder Cup Captain/US Senior Open Champion 2022!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Back golfing this week, must have been a mild dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Listening to him on off the ball.

I'm beginning to think this captaincy rubbish came way too early for him - he is still way too into playing and competing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Listening to him on off the ball.

I'm beginning to think this captaincy rubbish came way too early for him - he is still way too into playing and competing ?

Playing captain!
    Would love to see that.
    Still convinced Harrington has another big performance in him for a Major.
    Top5 at RSt.G and it might happen. Maybe!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Surprised he's playing this weekend, must be absolutely hanging for a game. 10 days stuck in a hotel won't help. Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

CMcsporty wrote: »
    Playing captain!
    Would love to see that.

I've always said that - but this Ryder Cup thing was a very bad idea - he normally has some twisted logic in everything he does.

But he was still in mid 40s when call was made.

I know he will have a big senior career - but I'm very disappointed him doing this job (at this time) - he was still too active in game.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Harrington had to take the Ryder cup job, he won't be getting another opportunity.

Harrington had to take the Ryder cup job, he won't be getting another opportunity.

Why - all of his 50s - early 60s.

A few others in the mx - but he would get it in next say 6 cups. And has more majors than most that people will mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Playing captain!
    Would love to see that.

He is also ranked 245th in the world and totally looking forward to the seniors tour!

Playing captain!
    Would love to see that.

It's the hope that kills you

Tied 15th, 4 shots behind the the leaders, a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Every time they showed him yesterday he was misreading his putts. Badly!
    How he managed to score on that tough course is very impressive - Wasn't very accurate off the tee but still 13/18 GIR

https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.20766.padraig-harrington.html/scorecards/r009/2021

Covid a few weeks ago. Suffering with kidney stones last week. Legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

T31 to end after a +4 day so not bad but could been better. Still, definitely moving in a good direction

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    T31 to end after a +4 day so not bad but could been better. Still, definitely moving in a good direction

Yea, pity to finish with a 7.. typical..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Jaypers! Padraig felt the wrath of the Bear Trap today.
    +4, +2, par for 15, 16, 17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

https://twitter.com/padraig_h/status/1373779534466707459?s=20

Review of the honda classic (stay till the end!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

RoadRunner wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/padraig_h/status/1373779534466707459?s=20

That’s gas....there’re so easy to root for because of how down to earth they are....I can’t really think of 2 high profile American golfers who’d be having the craic like that after a disappointing week for both...

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

RoadRunner wrote: »

Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    That’s gas....there’re so easy to root for because of how down to earth they are....I can’t really think of 2 high profile American golfers who’d be having the craic like that after a disappointing week for both...

Just on the American thing. Maybe true for the very high profile players but the likes of Joel Dahmen, max homa and JT Poston are extremely good to follow on Twitter.
    Also try and check out dahmen’s caddy twitter. Very good insight into your life.

Just on the American thing. Maybe true for the very high profile players but the likes of Joel Dahmen, max homa and JT Poston are extremely good to follow on Twitter.
    Also try and check out dahmen’s caddy twitter. Very good insight into your life.

Yeah no you’re right about those guys....I follow max on Twitter and his input on NLU and his own podcast with Shane bacon....but that’s individual....I can’t imagine Steve stricker giving an update on stinking out the course with someone like say keegan Bradley bombing into the pool in the background and I’d argue that paddy and Shane (as an open champion) profiles are quite high in world golf...similarly the video that poulter posted with Rory and Hatton after they collectively stunk the place out was something you wouldn’t dream of getting from the Americans of similar profile in the game....American high profile golfers seem quite insular and take themselves quite seriously compared to their European counterparts with a couple of exceptions maybe like JT and Spiedt....

Also, I assume you meant damen’s insight into THEIR life as caddies not mine....don’t think he knows me from Adam and I’m not a caddy😜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Have you forgotten about the Golf Boys?! :pac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM2NocuEihw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Good mention of Joel seeing he won last night. Need to see the signs from the mystics.......sorry for the hijack.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tropics001

Have you forgotten about the Golf Boys?! :pac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM2NocuEihw

i can never forget about the golf boys.

Good mention of Joel seeing he won last night. Need to see the signs from the mystics.......sorry for the hijack.

Nice to see him win actually...looked like it really meant a lot to him and that he wasn't afraid to show it....refreshing to see....cancer survivor too which makes for an even better story....hard not to root for the guy....seems to be a nice more down to earth guy than most our there on tour as suggested by earlier post...

Disappointing tournament from P....got off to a flier but went backwards.....tiredness maybe?? played a lot in the last few weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He's BACK!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

PARlance wrote: »
    He's BACK!!!

Finally, even I was beginning to doubt it, but he's done it, he's finally back!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Finally, even I was beginning to doubt it, but he's done it, he's finally back!

Well he did shoot 66 just last Thursday, unfortunately followed it up with a 75!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I backed him yesterday at 125/1 e/w to be first round leader. With 4 to go he was one off the lead.

Decent sweet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

He won the world cup with McGinley on this track. Horses for courses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Shot of the day so far on 17..c'mon Padraig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

He just hit another on 18!

Advertisement