Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington - 3 Time Major Winner/Ryder Cup Captain/US Senior Open Champion 2022!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Did the final pair lost ground though? A lot of times they slow up as the day of golfers ahead of them are slow/backed up, most golfers prefer to spend more time on the green versus standing waiting on the tee box

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭abff

The fact that a lot of people think something doesn’t make it automatically true. A lot of others, myself included, didn’t have any issue with the commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Sure you could imagine it on RTE, they'd be completely biased towards the irishman!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I think it was more of a case of them wanting to see a playoff / Stricker win more so than any ill will towards Paddy.

It looked like a foregone conclusion coming into the final day, so naturally, a commentator will look for some excitement.

Add Stricker's recent illness into the mix and it was easy for them to be rooting for him.

Steve played brutal Saturday whilst Paddy was fabulous, Sunday was bit of anticlimax given Paddy's lead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

paddy gave a 1hr interview to golf weekly. great stuff. i probably shouldn't share the youtube link but here ya go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxkPnn_cxBI

No problem with YT link bud

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭bren2001

It is more that Golf Weekly is behind a paywall. The link is for Patreons and isn't supposed to be shared outside of people who pay for the podcast.

Off Topic LIV comments deleted, please feel free to post them on the LIV thread

Fair play to Padraig! After looking like missing the cut, he finished birdie birdie and looks to be safe for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

On a roll this morning, -4 through 4

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Another birdie on 5 , -5 through 5

69, off to the JP, Scottish then The Open, a lot for a 50 y/o

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

He's playing well, but should be taking a break this week in my opinion. Next week will be his fourth week playing in a row, including the JP pro-am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Hes not running consecutive ultra marathons lads and he's 50 not 90.

And then he has the Snr Open at St Andrews following week, crazy schedule, totally agree the Scottish is elective, might be a great thing for him to miss the cut, he wants total focus on the Sunday of The Open, look at Tiger (different circumstances obviously) and his schedule for The Open, total Open focus

Have to disagree. Playing 4 weeks in a row takes its toll even on the younger lads. it's not just the physical aspect.

5 weeks in a row, that's about 22 rounds inc. the JP but excluding any other pro Am days and practice rounds (assuming cuts made), throw travel on top, living away from home, sponsor commitments etc and he's likely the only golfer in the world right now with that schedule

Padraig is in his twilight, very much knows he's not long to go before he's no chance of competing outside of the Snr tour.

I'm not a physio nor have i ever been a tour Pro. Ill presume Padraig knows better than any of us either way.

But my 2cents for what its worth is I dont think 4 days of golf every week for a year would be too much for an able bodied 50yo let alone 4 weeks.

Given how he's playing, he could find himself in a with a serious chance at St. Andrews. Remember he was leading on the final day in 2015. I just hope he paces himself well, and does not burn out in the back 9. Remember Norman in 2008 or Watson in 2009.

• Advertisement

Tom was 60ish and a different era. Harrington 10 years younger and lightyears ahead in physical conditioning. So really don't see any comparison to be honest.

Flat course helps too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Anyone see Padraig making a good run at it this week? He's got the game. And we know he has the mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hopefully, I'd expect him to make the cut. At 200/1 he's worth a few e/w imo.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Brilliant birdie on 1 there, game face on early!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭Xander10

Another..up to -5

Keep it going Paddy

Looking like great odds at this stage. I hope you followed your gut.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,633 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I can't get my hopes up with Padraig. Any time he's doing well, he's like a bubble waiting to burst and fall back down with a thud. Back to -3 after 5.

Edit: Make that -1 after 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RoscommonHero

dropped 4 shots in 4 holes on a superfirm course in ideal conditions...shocking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,633 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Padraig needs to stop this slide, and fast, just to be around for the weekend. He's level par after 8. That's the predicted cut line. 5 shots gone in almost as many holes. That's dreadful stuff.

Advertisement