Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights at Newcastle Crossroads

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Or how about temporarily closing the junction by removing access from the Newcastle Rd. Newcastle Rd traffic would have to go via the roundabout.

Newcastle Road is the stretch between the Hospital and Cookes Bar. Why would you close that section of road?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Or how about temporarily closing the junction by removing access from the Newcastle Rd. Newcastle Rd traffic would have to go via the roundabout.

This. Or they could have just allowed left turns from newcastle road and the moycullen road, and send everyone else (anyone going straight ahead) via the roundabout. Would have been safer and probably better traffic flow than the chaos that was there the past few days.

What i also don't get is why major junctions dont have back-up traffic signs to help with rights of way etc.

galah wrote: »
    This. Or they could have just allowed left turns from newcastle road and the moycullen road, and send everyone else (anyone going straight ahead) via the roundabout. Would have been safer and probably better traffic flow than the chaos that was there the past few days.

Unless something has changed recently all left turns are allowed at the junction.

Unless something has changed recently all left turns are allowed at the junction.
    I think the poster was suggesting stopping straight through traffic (to/from Moycullen) while the lights were off.

I think the poster was suggesting stopping straight through traffic (to/from Moycullen) while the lights were off.

Ah right just read it wrong, makes much more sense that way around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement