Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Matercard Credit Card

Options
  • 16-02-2016 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

In the past BOI have issued me with a new credit card automatically just before my current credit card was due to expire. As i do not use my credit card that often I want to stop BOI issuing me a new credit card (and avoid paying the €30 Govt stamp duty a year) How do I stop BOI issuing me with a new credit card ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Morning otterj

Thanks for getting in touch with us in Boards.ie In order to complete this, you can contact Credit Card Services to request closure of your account at 0818 251 251 (+353 5677 57747 if outside Republic of Ireland)

For details of our opening hours please see here: http://www.bankofireland.com/contact-us/

Once you have submitted your closure request to Credit Card Services please destroy your card.
    Should you wish to have your credit card number then removed from your 365Online viewing profile, please resubmit your query through your 365 Online profile and they will be happy to action this for you.

* Government stamp duty is a Government tax. We collect this tax on behalf of the revenue each year on April 1st for the previous year or upon account closure. Further details on Government Stamp Duty can be found on www.revenue.ie.

Please note, if you are currently signed up for eStatements, please ensure to switch back to paper statements before having the account closed. This will ensure you are able to receive your closing statement.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your business to-date. If we can help you with any of your future financial needs, please do not hesitate to get in contact. www.boi.com

Thanks, 

Evie

Advertisement