Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Insurance company for Irish Car/ Usage Policy

• 16-02-2016 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

My car, insurance like everyone else is gone from €350 in 2014 to €490 2015 to €739 2016!
    I haggled and shopped around and got €609 but still miffed .

I'm average mileage, and actually i'm below average these days .

My mother heard "Them talking on the radio the other day" about this current situation and the "Consumer guy" said to shop around and look into buying UK policies are they are much cheaper. Now she can't remember who he was and possibly was Radio 1.

Does anyone know about this?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

UK policies won't work for 24/7/365 use here I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Aurellia

I don't Know but i'd like to find out as with an average insurance premium hike of 31.1% in the Irish Market something has to change.

It was the Sean O' Rourke show and the Consumer affairs Person said to Consider insuring your car with a UK based company: The spread of risk can make their premiums cheaper and they’ll only quote you if they offer cover in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Aurellia wrote: »
    It was the Sean O' Rourke show and the Consumer affairs Person said to Consider insuring your car with a UK based company: The spread of risk can make their premiums cheaper and they’ll only quote you if they offer cover in Ireland.

Like Aviva and Zurich?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

UK policies are actually more expensive.

Advertisement