Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few boardsie volunteers for a clean up in Dublin/Wicklow mountains?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Spotted your piles of bags today on the way up past the viewing point. Well done lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Rubbish collected yesterday thanks to Ian from PURE project.... Part 1 done

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Congrats on the good work, hopefully I'll make the next one.

Just a follow up from PURE project I never got around to posting it here...

"Hi
    Well done to you and all of the gang who were involved in the South Dublin Mountains Road Clean-Up, congrats, a job well done.
    The PURE Truck broke down, however, I arranged for another truck to collect all of the material you collected and it is now all gone.
    Again, well done.
    Feel free to contact me at anytime.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Best
    Ian"

Ian asked for a few photos of the pick to help his cause about bringing the litter problem on the uphills some much needed attention.
    I only had two long range shots so sent them to him today...
    It might spark a bit of interest from other local cycling clubs on here to take the initiative to do a big group clean up as numbers would seems to be the major factor in getting the area covered as we only got a short distance done but we were unlucky with the volume we encountered.

Ian has invited me/us to an event in SDCC offices in Tallaght so just putting out there for anybody else who attended on the day. I am going to try attend to meet Ian to discuss doing something on a regular basis in the future.
    Might even try a weeknight as the evenings are getting longer and we know the ropes now.

The Mayor of South Dublin County, Cllr Sarah Holland, will launch the 12th year of Eco Week in Tallaght Library on Monday 18th April at 11am. This year South Dublin County Council will be supporting the PURE Project Multimedia Environmental Awareness Exhibition: This exhibition features award winning short environmental animations, environmental music videos, a short film on the community/environmental initiative The PURE Mile, short films on illegal dumping in the Wicklow/Dublin Uplands, and the short documentary PURE WISDOM.

Not sure if its an open invitation but anyone interested in attending give me a shout and I will ring Ian in PURE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I was up past the viewing area (cruagh/stocking) for the first time since you's guys cleaned it up and i must say i instantly noticed how clean it was. I went up as far as the turn off for cunard road and although you can see the odd can and bottle back again, its much improved and looks more like it should instead of some dirty old lane way.

Such a pity it will more than likely be the same come next year but well done to all who took part.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

Look at that grin :D

that the health and safety lads in the background?

Another update should youse be interested,
    Having met Ian from PURE project and doing a little bit to help the cause of keeping the uplands clean,
    No mad commitment needed but would we be interested in taking on a "Boards pure mile"??
    View point car park to Cunard turn maybe??

Mods I dont know if I need to ask anyone to use the boards name??? as I dont mind being the contact but dont really want to be named individually.

Oh and might have another few hours at it in the near future.........

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Up at the Featherbeds today - 'our' stretch is still looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

The Laurels Training Crew are doing a clean up of Slade hill, at Saggart. Fair play.

https://www.facebook.com/laurelscharitycrew/photos/a.431703483548646.114386.266812336704429/1205210989531221/?type=3&theater

• Advertisement
Advertisement