Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2016 Babies Club

Options
  • 16-02-2016 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

hi. I'm due Oct 20. no symptoms yet. any other October babies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Beanie16

Hi I'm due 8 Oct - little cramping but checked with the doctor that's normal

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Carraig77 wrote: »
    hi. I'm due Oct 20. no symptoms yet. any other October babies?

Hi congrats :) I did a test the other day and reckon I'm due around October aswell not to sure about my dates. Massive shock as I have an 8 month old little girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

I'm due Oct 9th. So 6+2. I had an ectopic pregnancy last year and tube removed so I've already been in for a scan to check little embryo was in the right place, which it is thank God!

Have another scan 25th to ensure heartbeat/growth is par for the course.

Beanie16 wrote: »
    Hi I'm due 8 Oct - little cramping but checked with the doctor that's normal

Congrats Beanie 16 hope the cramping has eased off for u :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Carraig77

I had some cramping last night and really feared the worst but everything settle down so fingers crossed. haven't told anyone except hubbie yet as only 5 weeks. so nice to chat on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

Hi and congrats everyone, I'm joining too, due the 19th of October all going well, that's crazy Missymad... we were both in the due June 2015 thread! I'm the same here, an 8 month old baby and in total shock, wondering how I am going to cope at all, thankfully im not too sick yet, just very tired, cramps are so worrying when you get them, glad they stopped, it's hard not to worry about every single pain and twinge xx

We ll be a busy bunch. i had a baby last July. wasn't planning to have another one quite so soon but we re happy at the same time.

Petal765 wrote: »
    Hi and congrats everyone, I'm joining too, due the 19th of October all going well, that's crazy Missymad... we were both in the due June 2015 thread! I'm the same here, an 8 month old baby and in total shock, wondering how I am going to cope at all, thankfully im not too sick yet, just very tired, cramps are so worrying when you get them, glad they stopped, it's hard not to worry about every single pain and twinge xx

Shock is def the word. My little lady is a total crank ha and glued to my side. How's your baby doing? I'm not sick at all yet but I'm really not sure about my dates yet I'm just guessing have my doctors app in the morn which will make it more real think I'm still in denial haha

Thankfully cramps have eased off a lot - this is my first pregnancy my husband & I have been trying for over 5yrs & had just gone to our first appointment in the IVF clinic - so thrilled can not wait for the 12wks to be over so I can tell everyone

Thankfully cramps have eased off a lot - this is my first pregnancy my husband & I have been trying for over 5yrs & had just gone to our first appointment in the IVF clinic - so thrilled can not wait for the 12wks to be over so I can tell everyone

• Advertisement

congradulations beanie16. that's a lovely surprise for ye.
    my cramps haven't recurred either . I'm wrecked tired though and stuck to the bed in the mornings. I haven't been to the gp yet. I must make an appt and get him to send form to the hospital. has everyone else been to the gp?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

missymad wrote: »
    Shock is def the word. My little lady is a total crank ha and glued to my side. How's your baby doing? I'm not sick at all yet but I'm really not sure about my dates yet I'm just guessing have my doctors app in the morn which will make it more real think I'm still in denial haha

She's doing great, very laid back and easy going so I'm blessed, can't complain at all! I'm not sick at all either, tbh I've no symptoms really other than sore bbs, the total opposite to when I was having her, was sick morning noon and night so that has me worried, but trying to keep positive, it's so hard though when you have no symptoms and worry over every little thing,

That's great carriag, we'll all definitely be very busy but it'll be nice to have them close in age,

Massive congrats Beanie, such a lovely story, I'm delighted for you, it makes everything worthwhile,

Went to the doctor this week to confirm it, was going to wait a while but was having a lot of discharge so was worried but she said it was normal,

Hope everyone is doing ok xx

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

Hi Ladies,

I'm due October 30th, just found out today! I was pretty sure I was pregnant as my symptoms came super early! But got a negative test at 9DPO, only got a positive test today at 14DPO so only 4 weeks along at the mo! It hasn't really hit me yet! My little girl is 22months. Hope you are all doing ok and not feeling too sick! Exciting journey ahead 😊 Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭fondue

Congratulations girls. I'm due 26th October. Hoping everything goes ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

Looks like we'll be having an October baby here, we are delighted. My wife feels sick constantly, feel really sorry for her. It's our second nugget.

With that in mind I'd love to get her something to let her know I do realise what she is going through while I am on easy street.

Any suggestions?

Looks like we'll be having an October baby here, we are delighted. My wife feels sick constantly, feel really sorry for her. It's our second nugget.

With that in mind I'd love to get her something to let her know I do realise what she is going through while I am on easy street.

Any suggestions?

Show her this post! If I knew my partner even considered something like that I'd be over the moon!! There should be more partners like you!!

Congrats on the news!

Ps sorry to hear she's so sick :-(

Just received my appointment for the Coombe. With my first baba my booking appointment was all done in the Coombe, but I received a 'booking appointment' for the community midwife in Tallaght hospital and then an 'ultrasound' appointment in the Coombe for a few days later. Is this the new set up does anyone know? X

I must go to the gp and get the ball rolling on my hospital appointment. feeling really tired this week but otherwise in good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Hi all, I'm due Oct 27th. This is my second baby, I was in the October club in 2013 so my older son will turn 3 a few weeks before I'm due. I'm feeling positive about the age gap, he's gotten so much easier to manage over the last few months and has miraculously started sleeping pretty well at night. He was horrendous up till then. Hopefully the planets will align for us! I'm still breastfeeding him so no idea how that is going to pan out. Might end up tandem feeding but just going with the flow at the moment.

I felt dire for the last few weeks, but picking up a bit now. I find I feel twice as bad when my OH is around because my body just crashes knowing there is another adult to pick up the pieces. Haven't got a date for my scan yet so trying to stay impartial until then but the symptoms are very strong, which is a good sign. I'm happy to be pregnant for the summer, absolutely loved being able to wear comfortable, light dresses the last time without having to buy coats etc.

I'm 7 weeks now and am in the thick of it, feeling awful every day 😷 and it's tougher having my little girl to run around after! I agree with you though livinsane it's a good sign so in that sense I'm happy to deal with it! It all calmed around 10 weeks with my first so hopefully it'll be the same this time!
    Looking forward to my scan

Hope everyone else is doing well! X

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

My better half is now 8-9 weeks with our first, but wants to tell family members, best to wait until scan or 12wks?

11 weeks and the sickness, dizziness, tiredness and food aversions are getting worse by the day. Not easing off like they should be :(

Spicy, sour & salty cravings have me convinced it's a boy, with my daughter it was sugar and fresh crisp veg.

How are you ladies?

My better half is now 8-9 weeks with our first, but wants to tell family members, best to wait until scan or 12wks?

There are a few reasons people decide to wait til the 12 wk mark...
    1) superstition...not wanting to tempt fate.
    2) if they were to miscarriage they feel that the less people who knew the better so that they can deal with it alone.
    3) tradition

On my first baby I told my immediate family shortly after I found out myself at 5 weeks. For me I was so excited that I just wanted to share that excitement with them. I'm not a superstitious person so I felt 'whatever happens will happen regardless'. I also felt that if I was to miscarry I would much rather they knew so they could support me.
    This time around I told them at 5 weeks again.
    Personally I would tell them now. If she's really excited and wants to involve them then she should, thats just me! :-)

PLL wrote: »
    11 weeks and the sickness, dizziness, tiredness and food aversions are getting worse by the day. Not easing off like they should be :(

Spicy, sour & salty cravings have me convinced it's a boy, with my daughter it was sugar and fresh crisp veg.

How are you ladies?

Sorry to hear that :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Dipping my toe in the water as its been a stressful few weeks. Found out at nearly 6 weeks that I was pregnant despite having heavy bleeding for the two weeks prior to testing. Ended up in hospital with a suspected ectopic but thankfully bub was in the right place. Have had a lot of pain and a few bleeds since but had a third scan today putting me at 7 weeks 3 days and due 28th of October(same due date as my first!). Livinsane and myself were in the October 2013 group together!! I also have an 8 month old so if everything works out and this little chicken doesn't go too far overdue I'll have 3 under 3 for a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Agiibagii

Hi all,
    This is my first pregnancy didn't even know until the other day. I have a bad case of PCOS and not having regular periods so not actually sure how far am I, if my calculations are correct I am due 31St October. I'll ring gp in the morning trying to get appointment. I am just so confused about everything. Me and my partner have discussed kids but in few years, very unexpected and not a great timing sadly, tho still happy it actually happened and naturally as I was told I might have big issues becoming pregnant.
    I dont really have any pregnant people around that I might chat to plus I work nights so not very social altogether ha so I have like million questions in my head. Me and my partner don't live together, can't afford it as he's unemployed and I work full time but can't afford with the rent prices soooooo hight. No idea where to live... Haven't been in company 2 years, well in October it's going to be 1 year and 11 months so I can't get money from them. I am freaking out I won't be able to provide...
    I am very nauseous, not getting sick tho. I have some issues with food as some things I use to love make me feel sick... Mainly living on fruit and veg haha. I have noticed my clothes are tighter and my boobs are sooo sore, have some cramping sometimes bit bad on left side, and I pee like crazy...
    Basically, I wonder has anyone has any ideas what to do in my situation as I have no clue where to start. Sorry for the long rant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Hi joining in myself too,due number 2 31st October just confirmed this week with an early scan. The advice I have for you A is to take things 1 step at a time and everything will all work out. Just feeling exhausted all the time myself and a lil bit off with food but not getting sick?

Hi Ladies, I'm just looking at booking my antenatal class (just a refresher course) I don't know whether to book in for the July or August class.. so 27 weeks or 32 weeks? Any insights? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I'd probably go for 32 weeks even though if it's just a refresher it wouldn't make a huge difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

How's everyone doing? At doctor today to get things rolling and contacted hospital about doing domino scheme which I found great last time.

Advertisement