Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

October 2016 Babies Club

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭Bunnyslippers

My little fellows been going through a spurt too, cluster feeding the last two nights from 8 ish til 3am!!! Thank god it's not for long - hopefully! Still he sleeps then til about 8 or 9am, any longer and my boobs would explode!!:o
    I've done a few feeds without shields now so getting there!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Sprites

I've heard the six week growth spurt is very tiring!

I was so happy to ditch the shields, they were a pain in the neck.

I still haven't managed to feed in public, I took a trip to town a few days ago and spent 90 mins in the parent and baby room in boots, not ideal.

I really need to practice for feeding in public as I think it will make the difference between continuing to breastfeed for 6 months or stopping after 6 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Sprites do you go to any breastfeeding support groups? They're a great way to get used to feeding in public :)

Sprites do you go to any breastfeeding support groups? They're a great way to get used to feeding in public :)

I had a section so can't drive for another 2 weeks. I'm hoping to go to a Cuidiu group as soon as I can get to one :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Sprites wrote: »
    I had a section so can't drive for another 2 weeks. I'm hoping to go to a Cuidiu group as soon as I can get to one :-)

I had a section too but luckily live near enough to two bf meetups to walk to them, the no driving is a pain! Cuidiu groups are great, we still go regularly and my son is 20 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭cornflake1

How it everyone doing? Bringing her for her vaccinations tomorrow. Not looking forward to it!

Hope the vaccinations went well cornflake1, I have to book mine for just after Xmas, the thoughts of poor little bub getting needles is not appealing to me but has to be done!

Hope everyone is doing well. Our little chap is a bit unsettled every day with wind, he does the noisiest farts and struggles so hard to get them out he gets so distressed. Have had two reflexology sessions and have found them great, having another one next week and hopefully that will make all the difference to his colicky symptoms. I've also invested in a Moby wrap so I can carry him but also keep my hands free to get housework etc done when he can't be consoled and needs to be held but haven't tried it out yet.

We're going through the ordeal of trying to introduce a botte feed at the moment. Not really having much success with it, going to try a different bottle to see if that makes a difference. We had been trying Tommee Tippee so if anyone had any suggestions based on their own experience I'd be forever grateful, I'm worried I'll never be able to leave the baby without him starving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Some breastfed babies really go for the Nuk latex teats - they're worth a try, make sure the milk is warm too.

The vaccinations were tough alright. The poor thing let out a blood curdling scream on the first one and continued to cry until it was over and I could feed her in a spare room in the doctors office. We gave her the Calpol there too but she did get a fever which peaked about seven hours later. Poor thing was miserable but continued to feed so she was getting plenty of fluids. She had a few dirty nappies then and started smiling again. Kept her in the bed with me that night with just her vest and cellular blanket as she was still roasting. Continued with Calpol. Temperature eventually back to normal the following evening. It is nearly 72 hours since the shots and she is still a little sleepy but almost back to herself. Legs had been swollen but just a lump now where she got the shot.
    Funny thing is that she was taking a bottle but started refusing it just yesterday. Feeding fine from the breast. Will keep trying. Wondering if she just still wants the comfort of the breast after her vaccination ordeal and is temporary. Bad timing too, supposed to be going out for the first time with friends tonight! We were using tommee yippee but we had to introduce a bottle when she was five weeks as she needed top ups due to slow weight gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Disco2000

Cornflake did your little one sleep much more than usual straight afterwards? My little man got his at 11 this morning & has pretty much been asleep since. He woke briefly for a feed but was miserable & went straight back to sleep. I'm afraid he'll be up all night after sleeping so much during the day but don't want to wake him if he needs recovery sleep. The poor little things, they're too tiny for this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Disco2000

Cornflake did your little one sleep much more than usual straight afterwards? My little man got his at 11 this morning & has pretty much been asleep since. He woke briefly for a feed but was miserable & went straight back to sleep. I'm afraid he'll be up all night after sleeping so much during the day but don't want to wake him if he needs recovery sleep. The poor little things, they're too tiny for this!

Disco2000 wrote: »

She was very sleepy but would only sleep in our arms. She cried when we put her down. She did feed too which I took as a good sign. Keep them hydrated. I let her sleep once she fed regularly. She was miserable too. It's very traumatic for them really. At least they won't remember it.

Advertisement