Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

PLL wrote: »
    Had my anomaly scan today. All is great with baby, so incredible to see blood pumping into the four chambers of the heart! Found out we're having another girleen. Big sister is over the moon!

Baby is breech and placenta covering cervix but I'm more than likely going to have an elective section due to previous horrific labour and back injury anyway.

Congrats. We're not going to find out the sex but reading your post kinda makes me impatient to know! We have a boy and I love the thought of having two boys as much as I love the thought of having a boy and a girl so I can't even imagine what we're having.

If anyone is interested in making a chart of our due dates/hospital/sex like done in other threads, I'll get it started. Just copy and add your own details and repost. Add a colour if you wish, I've done mine in green for neutral gender.

Livinsane - 23rd October - CUMH (Domino Scheme) - Surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭cornflake1

Cornflake1 - 16th October - CUMH - Surprise!

Sorry, don't know how to make it green!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Roesy - 27th October - CUMH - Surprise!

We have a little gang of CUMH surprises here!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

PLL - 6th October - UHG - Girl (No 2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

PLL wrote: »
    March11 - 22nd October - CUMH - Surprise! (No 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Beanie16

livinsane wrote: »
    The leg cramps at night have started. Agghhhh!

Hi drink a glass of tonic water - has worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Sprites

Sprites - 27th October - UHW - Surprise!

Beanie16 wrote: »
    Hi drink a glass of tonic water - has worked for me

Thanks. I drank that last time but then got freaked from all the warning stories about ingesting quinine during pregnancy. I don't think anything has been actually proven though. I think it hits when I stretch my legs fully so Im trying not to do that. But I do love to stretch out!

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well.

I've had to admit defeat and stop trying to squeeze into the majority of my pre pregnancy clothes.

I made a trip to H&M yesterday in the hope of finding some stuff in their maternity section but left empty handed. Been to Mothercare and Red Herring but found both to have a really limited selection and quite expensive.

Bought some stuff online from Dorothy Perkin's, who have money off when you order over certain levels and also free delivery when you order over €75. But after trying on loads in H&M I just have a feeling that I just don't like the fit of all maternity wear and I'll end up sending the lot back when it arrives.

Has anyone had better experiences or any tips on good maternity wear that doesn't cost a fortune??

• Advertisement

I think it depends on your style to begin with, Sprites. i paid a decent amount for a well fitting pair of black maternity jeans and a black going out dress. Everything else I got was cheap enough. I have a mix of maternity and non maternity stuff that I wear. I'm on baby no 3 and have bought very little since my first pregnancy. Outside of work I'm currently wearing a couple of non maternity maxi dresses and one maternity one that I actually look bigger in than the other two. The non maternity ones fit differently with the bump obviously but still look good. I also have a couple of non maternity tops that fall from under the bust. I've a couple of dresses that I just bought in a bigger size that look good still and then a couple of maternity dresses and tops. I'm not crazy about a lot of the maternity stuff with stripes and baby on board etc and try and stick with stuff that is similar in style to what I wear when I'm not pregnant.

Roesy wrote: »
    I think it depends on your style to begin with, Sprites. i paid a decent amount for a well fitting pair of black maternity jeans and a black going out dress. Everything else I got was cheap enough. I have a mix of maternity and non maternity stuff that I wear. I'm on baby no 3 and have bought very little since my first pregnancy. Outside of work I'm currently wearing a couple of non maternity maxi dresses and one maternity one that I actually look bigger in than the other two. The non maternity ones fit differently with the bump obviously but still look good. I also have a couple of non maternity tops that fall from under the bust. I've a couple of dresses that I just bought in a bigger size that look good still and then a couple of maternity dresses and tops. I'm not crazy about a lot of the maternity stuff with stripes and baby on board etc and try and stick with stuff that is similar in style to what I wear when I'm not pregnant.

Thanks Rosey! You're definitely right as I've never liked the of clothes from H&M anyway so not surprising that I didn't like the few I tried on yesterday.

It's really the work clothes I'm struggling with - I can get by outside of work with what I have or buying cheap non maternity wear in loose fits or bigger sizes. I'm living in Waterford and there's tiny maternity sections in Mothercare and Red Herring but most of the stuff is jeans/jegging's and casual wear which won't suit me for work.

Think I'll have to just put my money where my mouth is and spend the money on decent workwear online (as much as it pains me!!). After all, they are the clothes I wear the most and I'll have to get clothes that will grow with me for the next 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

If you are near Peacocks, (they are an English store, but there is one in the Omni) they are great for basics and very reasonable.

I got some nice work dresses in Debenhams and New Look. Next also have some nice pieces, little bit more pricey.

stickybean wrote: »
    If you are near Peacocks, (they are an English store, but there is one in the Omni) they are great for basics and very reasonable.

I got some nice work dresses in Debenhams and New Look. Next also have some nice pieces, little bit more pricey.

The Peacocks in Waterford closed a couple of weeks ago, never know they did maternity wear!

JoJo Maman Bebe have some nice stuff but it's not the cheapest although they do sales every now and again. They have shops in Cork and Dublin or online shopping. Topshop also have a maternity section but again it's expensive. I've found it hard to find stuff I like though. Next and Marks & Spencers do maternity. It might be worth your while popping to Cork for an afternoon just for a bigger choice. I definitely find dresses more comfortable than trousers, which is strange for me as I'm always in jeans normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Sprites wrote: »
    Thanks Rosey! You're definitely right as I've never liked the of clothes from H&M anyway so not surprising that I didn't like the few I tried on yesterday.

It's really the work clothes I'm struggling with - I can get by outside of work with what I have or buying cheap non maternity wear in loose fits or bigger sizes. I'm living in Waterford and there's tiny maternity sections in Mothercare and Red Herring but most of the stuff is jeans/jegging's and casual wear which won't suit me for work.

Think I'll have to just put my money where my mouth is and spend the money on decent workwear online (as much as it pains me!!). After all, they are the clothes I wear the most and I'll have to get clothes that will grow with me for the next 4 months.

This dress has been my salvation for so many work meetings!

http://www.mothercare.ie/maternity/maternity-dresses/black-knot-front-maternity-dress.html

Very flattering and easy to dress up with a big necklace or the likes.

I bought some clothes in Jojo Mamam Bebe last week. I feel like a million bucks in them. Fab quality and perfect fit. They could be worn after pregnancy. I have some stuff from H&M and New Look since last pregnancy but big difference in quality and fit. Topshop maternity look great on the website but pricey.

On another topic, is anyone on iron supplements yet? I was taking two sachets of Spatone for the last 6 weeks or so and my iron count has actually dropped more so I'm starting Galfar today. I was hoping the Spatone would be enough as they are so gentle on the system but that's obviously because they don't have any effect!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

Sprites wrote: »
    Sprites - 27th October - UHW - Surprise!

Guestboarder - 31st October - CUMH - (will find out next week!) No2

Sorry for delayed reaction I haven't been on in a while! Have my 20 week (22wk) scan next week and so excited/nervous to find out if baby is ok and what we are having!!!

Maternity clothing wise, ASOS online have a large range of maternity clothes and some at very good prices. It is ado free to return items so if they don't suit/fit it won't cost anything to return them. They have great simple basics like legging and 3 pack tshirts that would suit anyone so worth a look xxx

livinsane wrote: »
    I bought some clothes in Jojo Mamam Bebe last week. I feel like a million bucks in them. Fab quality and perfect fit. They could be worn after pregnancy. I have some stuff from H&M and New Look since last pregnancy but big difference in quality and fit. Topshop maternity look great on the website but pricey.

On another topic, is anyone on iron supplements yet? I was taking two sachets of Spatone for the last 6 weeks or so and my iron count has actually dropped more so I'm starting Galfar today. I was hoping the Spatone would be enough as they are so gentle on the system but that's obviously because they don't have any effect!

I'm just taking iron as part of my overall pregnancy supplement, 21 mg. I've had a couple of bouts of constipation but not sure if that from the iron or just being pregnant.

• Advertisement

Sorry for delayed reaction I haven't been on in a while! Have my 20 week (22wk) scan next week and so excited/nervous to find out if baby is ok and what we are having!!!

Maternity clothing wise, ASOS online have a large range of maternity clothes and some at very good prices. It is ado free to return items so if they don't suit/fit it won't cost anything to return them. They have great simple basics like legging and 3 pack tshirts that would suit anyone so worth a look xxx

Had my anomaly scan yesterday. All good with baby which is great as I was a bit nervous. However the baby was breech and the placenta anterior and low lying. Suppose there's plenty of time for baby to flip around and plenty of room at the moment. Hope the low lying placenta will move up a bit later on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Is the anomaly scan just the usual 20 week scan? I had my 20 week scan last week and have low lying placenta also so being brought back in 7 weeks to check if it has moved.

March11 wrote: »
    Is the anomaly scan just the usual 20 week scan? I had my 20 week scan last week and have low lying placenta also so being brought back in 7 weeks to check if it has moved.

The anomaly scan is quite detailed. Checks the size of the baby, fluid levels, position of placenta, blood flow of the cord, the internal organs, chambers of the heart etc.

March11 wrote: »

Yep, that's the usual 20 week scan. I have a low lying placenta too and they said they'll scan again at 34 weeks to make sure it's moved. Apparently is quite common for it to be in that position at around 20 weeks

Feeling crap today. Getting Braxton Hicks and have nausea and general yucky feeling all day. Ready to lie down �� Anyone else experienced this? X

Feeling crap today. Getting Braxton Hicks and have nausea and general yucky feeling all day. Ready to lie down �� Anyone else experienced this? X

Hope you're feeling better now.

Haven't felt sick at all, thank God. My appetite has gone through the roof though. I was feeling so proud of myself that I had managed to control the weight gain for the first four months but I'm definitely making up for it now, it's ridiculous the amount I'm eating and the crap I'm eating.

Hope you're feeling better now. I've had none myself, but my sister is also getting loads of Braxton Hicks and she's also due in October. It's her third, whereas this is my first. She didn't have so many on her other two. Did you have them on your first baby?

I don't know if I'd recognise these Braxton Hicks, I've been having plenty of what I deemed "growing pains", sharp cramping on both sides but doesn't last long.

I have only just starting feeling the baby moving around this week which is so exciting. I was so impatient to feel this as some friends had been asking me was I feeling anything since I was about 16 weeks, was startin to wonder if I ever would!

My maternity clothes arrived from Dorothy Perkins, happy enough that they'll see me through for work wear, thank God!

I'm feeling a lot better now, thanks all. I think it's been down to my food and water intake. Eating crap and not drinking enough water!
    I didn't get Braxton hicks on my last pregnancy until the third trimester so they are earlier this time. They say drinking more water helps so it's probably down to that!
    We had the anomaly scan this morning and baby is perfect!! Thank god! We found out it's a boy! So delighted!!
    My placenta is also low lying (I noticed that's the case with a few of us here!) so another scan at 34 wks, praying it moves up itself!! Really don't want to need a Caesarian! :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Josephine1991

Hey everyone. Random question but baby has been kicking like mad but it's sooo low, like as in I can see it moving just above my pubic bone. Normal?

Advertisement