Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

Hey everyone. Random question but baby has been kicking like mad but it's sooo low, like as in I can see it moving just above my pubic bone. Normal?

Mine is extremely low too because my baby is breech at the mo so his little feet are right down the bottom, I had my scan yesterday and all was normal, aside from the breech position but hopefully he'll move out of there soon. So I wouldn't worry at all. Your baba must either have their feet or hands quite low and giving you a good few digs. The sonographer could see my baby kick my bladder as she was doing the scan so he's right down there haha. Hope that reassures you xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Josephine1991

Mine is extremely low too because my baby is breech at the mo so his little feet are right down the bottom, I had my scan yesterday and all was normal, aside from the breech position but hopefully he'll move out of there soon. So I wouldn't worry at all. Your baba must either have their feet or hands quite low and giving you a good few digs. The sonographer could see my baby kick my bladder as she was doing the scan so he's right down there haha. Hope that reassures you xxx

Yeah had a scan yesterday and she's breech at the moment. I get a scan every week as I'm high risk and with my little girls during the last pregnancy she was always head down so I never felt her moving so low! Must be a breech thing! Feeling better now thanks xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Hope everyone is feeling well. Had my anatomy scan yesterday (comes part of Domino scheme which is a nice bonus) and it was really cool. We got to see the facial features really well. Could have found out the gender, which was very tempting, but turned away at the opportune moments. OH reckons it has to be a boy because she spent so long looking at the genitals that she must have been measuring how big it was. I argued that females are far more complex so it is obviously a girl. Very exciting either way! She said the weight was 1lb 4 oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Hi all had my scan a couple weeks ago and all seems fine thankfully. getting plenty of movement way more than my last pregnancy, I'm sure all the sugary things I'm eating is contributing to that, feel awful guilty my diet is awful this time around. Feeling very unorganised I have to say, second pregnancy is so different to the first!

PLL - 6th October - UHG - Girl (No 2)
    Cornflake1 - 16th October - CUMH - Surprise!
    March11 - 22nd October - CUMH - Surprise! (No 3)
    Livinsane - 23rd October - CUMH (Domino Scheme) - Surprise!
    Roesy - 27th October - CUMH - Surprise!
    Sprites - 27th October - UHW - Surprise!
    Guestboarder - 31st October - CUMH - (will find out next week!) No2
    Funksoulsista - 31st October - Rotunda - Surprise! - No. 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Roesy - 27th October - CUMH - Surprise! (No.3)

So many CUMH babies!!

Nearly 24 weeks now. My pelvis is killing me so I'm seeing Physio. Dreading what I'll be like by the end.

Roesy wrote: »

So many CUMH babies!!

Nearly 24 weeks now. My pelvis is killing me so I'm seeing Physio. Dreading what I'll be like by the end.

Stupid question; CUMH?!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭cornflake1

Stupid question; CUMH?!

Cork university maternity hospital. It's going to be busy there in October. When I first went to my gp she commented that there seemed to be a lot of October babies!

cornflake1 wrote: »
    Cork university maternity hospital. It's going to be busy there in October. When I first went to my gp she commented that there seemed to be a lot of October babies!

Oh really? There does be just booms sometimes! Anyone attending Holles Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Bunnyslippers

Hi everyone, new on here just thought I'd say Hi, am new to kerry so don't know any other mothers to be and its always nice to chat with folk in the same boat! Am due oct 27th with my first, I had the anomaly scan last week at CUMH all was well, just a low lying placenta, so thank goodness for that, worrying seems to go with the whole pregnancy thing! Found out we're having a boy so my OH and I are thrilled!!:) - Although I think my instinct was telling me from day 1 as not once have I looked at girls clothes or even thought of girls names, both OH and I have been calling bump a he all the time!! Seems to be a few cork babies due in October, mind you juding by the 3hr wait just to see a consultant for all of 2 mins at 20 weeks Id say there are a lot of cork babies due this year!!

I must say it is weird having something wriggling around inside you, like something out of Alien, only very reassuring!:p. Touch wood I haven't had much to complain about so far, no morning sickness thank god, just a rash round my mouth for 3 months which made me look like I'd been sucking on a drain pipe although it's almost gone now!, and my asthma has been bad which means I can't do much exercise, so feel rather guilty about that, I seem to have meat and cheese cravings at the moment and went completely off tea early on - noooooo!!!

Anyone else have days where it feels like someone's taken your batteries out? - twice in the last week I had to go for a nap in the afternoon, just for an hour, only to wake up 4hrs later!!?:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

Roesy wrote: »

So many CUMH babies!!

Oops I made a typo on mine! I'm in The Coombe! Not CUMH! I also found out I'm having a boy! :-) one of each so my partner is chuffed...he thinks that's means we're done.....don't think I'm ready to stop yet though! Haha.
    I would correct the list above but I have no idea how to!! X

Oops I made a typo on mine! I'm in The Coombe! Not CUMH! I also found out I'm having a boy! :-) one of each so my partner is chuffed...he thinks that's means we're done.....don't think I'm ready to stop yet though! Haha.
    I would correct the list above but I have no idea how to!! X

List corrected for you Guestboarder!

PLL - 6th October - UHG - Girl (No. 2)
    March11 - 22nd October - CUMH - Surprise! (No. 3)
    Roesy - 27th October - CUMH - Surprise! (No. 3)
    Guestboarder - 31st October - Coombe - Boy (No. 2)
    Funksoulsista - 31st October - Rotunda - Surprise! - (No. 2)

Hi everyone, new on here just thought I'd say Hi, am new to kerry so don't know any other mothers to be and its always nice to chat with folk in the same boat! Am due oct 27th with my first, I had the anomaly scan last week at CUMH all was well, just a low lying placenta, so thank goodness for that, worrying seems to go with the whole pregnancy thing! Found out we're having a boy so my OH and I are thrilled!!:) - Although I think my instinct was telling me from day 1 as not once have I looked at girls clothes or even thought of girls names, both OH and I have been calling bump a he all the time!! Seems to be a few cork babies due in October, mind you juding by the 3hr wait just to see a consultant for all of 2 mins at 20 weeks Id say there are a lot of cork babies due this year!!

I must say it is weird having something wriggling around inside you, like something out of Alien, only very reassuring!:p. Touch wood I haven't had much to complain about so far, no morning sickness thank god, just a rash round my mouth for 3 months which made me look like I'd been sucking on a drain pipe although it's almost gone now!, and my asthma has been bad which means I can't do much exercise, so feel rather guilty about that, I seem to have meat and cheese cravings at the moment and went completely off tea early on - noooooo!!!

Anyone else have days where it feels like someone's taken your batteries out? - twice in the last week I had to go for a nap in the afternoon, just for an hour, only to wake up 4hrs later!!?:p

It is a bit mad Bunnyslippers. When the baby kicks now I can see ripples under my tummy and I have thought of Alien!

My doctor said that around 10% of women have low lying placentas but that it will more than likely move up as the baby grows. As someone mentioned before there seems to be a lot of us October ladies with it.

Not too bad with the tiredness yet. Bump can start to feel a bit heavy if I have a very busy day though.

I can see the odd ripples across the bump now too if baby is kicking outwards and not my bladder, it still feels weird!
    Has anybody been organised enough to have started buying baby stuff yet? I got a few things this week, just to stop the whole nesting thing more than anything, but still have loads to get hold of!:)

This is baby number two so a lot of our stuff was on loan but we have gotten it all back so the house is full of baby stuff already! Im loving looking through the newborn clothes. Actually I was only thinking yesterday that for subsequent babies, when they enter the world, the house is already totally child friendly (i.e. taken over by toys) so it must be way more fun for them as babies!

I haven't gotten a buggy and Im half thinking about using a sling exclusively for the first few months. We have an Out And About Nipper for the older boy and I love that buggy so much but it's not suitable for a newborn. He'll be just turned 3 when the baby is born so shouldn't be in it too much longer. We'll see, it will gall me to have another buggy in the house taking up non existent space. Im thinking by having baby in a sling a lot in the earlier days, it will be an easier transition for the toddler because I'll be able to move around more freely and he'll hardly notice him/her tucked up in there.

Do you know what equipment you'd like to get for the baby? There's not many absolute essentials but it can get out of hand easily!

My son will be coming up to 4 when baby arrives so was not planning on getting a double buggy, hopefully just a buggy board or am I mad? Again getting a loan of moses basket and car seat, have a cot. Feel like I've forgotten everything else, my sis in law had a great baby chair which she sold so might need one. Might go to the babybay market for a few bits, got things last time at great value. Have to say quite tired the past week but very busy in work so might just be that. Waking up in middle of night for bathroom and can't get back asleep, mainly because I'm being pummelled by the babs but I kind of like it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Sprites

Hi all, we've just agreed to buy a pram/buggy from a friend who was selling theirs as they are expecting No.2 and need to buy a double buggy. Quite surprised at the reaction of some friends and family. Lots of "oh would you not get a new one for your first" and even some offering to pay towards a brand new one for us!! The one we are buying seems in grest condition and is a good brand so I'm happy enough with it.

What's worrying me at the moment is how low I'm feeling quite frequently. I'm weepy practically every day and everything seems to upset me. I know I'm bein completely irrational most of the time but I just can't snap out of it, I'm really struggling to "enjoy the pregnancy" like every one is telling me to do.

Anyone have any experience of this?

We have a double already as there was only 20
    Months between no.1 and 2. There'll be 16 months between 2 and 3. We have the Bugaboo Donkey which is great as it can be double or single and can be Pram and buggy at the same time so suitable for newborns. I used the sling an awful lot with my first two and hope to again this time around as I'd imagine with two toddlers I'll need my hands free as much as possible. I still wear my one year old on my back now but not as much as she wants to be flying around the place herself. A couple of friends have had babies who apparently hated the sling! We will probably end up having to buy another cot as I can't see no.2 being ready for a bed when I need it for this baby. Don't really need much which is a benefit of back to back babies I suppose :D

Am on holidays now until Septmeber. Love being at home with the two but it's hard work!!! Am feeling pretty good bar terrible pelvic pain which I'm trying to keep under control with Pilates and physio. Have a scan Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing baby again.

Sprites wrote: »
    Hi all, we've just agreed to buy a pram/buggy from a friend who was selling theirs as they are expecting No.2 and need to buy a double buggy. Quite surprised at the reaction of some friends and family. Lots of "oh would you not get a new one for your first" and even some offering to pay towards a brand new one for us!! The one we are buying seems in grest condition and is a good brand so I'm happy enough with it.

What's worrying me at the moment is how low I'm feeling quite frequently. I'm weepy practically every day and everything seems to upset me. I know I'm bein completely irrational most of the time but I just can't snap out of it, I'm really struggling to "enjoy the pregnancy" like every one is telling me to do.

Anyone have any experience of this?

Sorry to hear you're feeling so low Sprites. Have you talked to your GP about this?

A relation is very kindly passing on her Quinny to us. She already had it second hand from a friend. It's still in great condition so why not. She wants to get rid of it and it's a great saving for us. There are plenty of other things that we will have to buy new and spend our money on! She's giving us a few other bits and pieces like a cot and changing table. We offered her cash but she said no so we're going to give her a voucher for Brown Thomas as she's saving us at least a grand.

cornflake1 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you're feeling so low Sprites. Have you talked to your GP about this?

A relation is very kindly passing on her Quinny to us. She already had it second hand from a friend. It's still in great condition so why not. She wants to get rid of it and it's a great saving for us. There are plenty of other things that we will have to buy new and spend our money on! She's giving us a few other bits and pieces like a cot and changing table. We offered her cash but she said no so we're going to give her a voucher for Brown Thomas as she's saving us at least a grand.

Hi Cornflake1, I had a checkup with my GP last Friday, i brought it up as its my only real conplaint - she just said that maybe I was tired and she moved on. I've just been on holidays so that gave me a lift which I hoped would last but not looking likely.

Yea we got a good deal on a Joolz which I hadn't even heard of but looks ideal. Just have to buy a car seat and base as it's not part of what we're buying. I've also pretty much decided on getting the Chicco Next To Me Co-Sleeper. Apart from that I haven't decided on or looked at anything else. My OH said that a chap who he works with is due his first baby a month after ours and they have everything bought!!

• Advertisement

All I've bought so far is a heap of vests - got a bit carried away in TKMaxx, they were so cute I couldn't resist! My OHs sister is giving us a load of stuff including a cot, so I'm just going to get a new mattress for it, she has clothes and alsorts so will happily take these as saves a pile of money and they only grow out of it in 5 secs! She has cars seats too from her 3 kids but they're 10+ years old now and I had really set my heart on one of the lie flat car seat like the Aton Q or the kiddy Evo-lunafix - have to save up a bit for one of those though! So other than that I should only need to get some sleep suits, wet wipes, nappies etc and stuff for myself for hospital, but it is so daunting the amount of stuff to choose from and what the baby industry says you need to what you actually need!

Sorry Sprites your feeling low, I think everyone has low points, I have some days where I could burst into tears over a TV add let alone anything else, and I never cry! So I'm sure it will pass, it's perfectly normal to not enjoy every moment of being pregnant, some people hate it, you just have to focus on the end result!:). Chatting is also good!:)

How is everyone doing? Had a scan today at 28 weeks. The placenta is still a bit low and they're going to check it again at 34 weeks. Hoping it moves up! Those of you other ladies with low lying placentas, have yours moved up yet or will this be checked at a later date? Baby mad with the kicking these days. The bump is starting to get a bit heavy now.

My next appointment is in about a week and a half. I'll be nearly 29 weeks. This is my third but it'll be my first time having the glucose tolerance test. Not looking forward to that! No experience of low lying placenta myself but a couple of ladies at my Pilates class are 30 something weeks and we're talking about how theirs had only moved at their 32/34 week appointment. Am
    Definitely bigger this time around but not at the awkward bump getting in the way yet stage thankfully.

I've my next appointment in under two weeks when I'll be 28 +5. Don't expect to have a scan st this one. I was told at the 20 week appt that my placenta was low, I'll have a scan at 34 wks to see if it's moved, they expect it will so fingers crossed!!
    My mood has definitely improved , I actally feel so silly now looking back a few weeks but at the time it genuinely felt like the end of the world!!

Getting bigger by the day, if I keep going at this rate I'll be massive by the due date!

Need to start getting organised, I haven't got a thing yet!!

Hope everyone is keeping well :-)

I don't have any advice about the placenta sorry but I suppose there is still lots of time for it to move.

Is anyone getting leg cramps at night? Whatever happened to mine the other night has made me half crippled from the knees down on both legs. I've gone from bouncing around like a spring lamb to really feeling preggers and awkward in a matter of days. Hopefully they'll soften out soon.

Anyone get the whooping cough vaccine yet? I got it on Tues. Had it on my last pregnancy and did all the deliberation that time so was able to make a fast decision this time. Wasn't charged, which I was happily surprised with.

I pulled out the birthing ball from the attic for a bit of bouncing. Its so nice to sit on. I found it brilliant for the labour too.

Sprites wrote: »
    My mood has definitely improved , I actally feel so silly now looking back a few weeks but at the time it genuinely felt like the end of the world!!

That's great. It's amazing the power our moods have on our lives, even if nothing concrete actually changes. The pregnancy hormones are immense though so it's a very real reason to feel down.

Glad your feeling better Sprites! It's weird the whole hormone thing, I still get the odd day where I could just burst into tears at nothing!
    I did have a bit of a scare day before yesterday as didn't feel baby move all day, and he's usually really active, I tried everything to get him to move and nothing. So major flap mode set in and I rang my GP at 3pm who told me to go to cork. So headed down there straight away, although takes an hour and 20mins from here - longest of my life!, waited for an hour and a half for blood pressure, baby heart rate etc, all was well, and while waiting I felt him move over and start kicking again, I was so relieved! Had to wait another 3 and a half hours for a scan, all was well there too so panic over, got home at midnight and was starving! He's back to his usual wriggly self, dear lord I think I will have gone totally grey by the time he arrives!!:0

Placenta wise even though mine was low at the last scan I think it had moved up a bit on this one, next scan is at 33weeks so I'll see then. Have to book in my glucose tolerance test next week and whooping cough jab, not looking forward to test as lucosade is disgusting stuff!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

So I am in hospital since Sun, brought in by ambulance with massive bleed. Major placenta previa 🙁 Have had it all, magnesium to stop contractions, saline drips, steroids for baby lungs, 2 blood transfusions, 6 hourly antibiotics, daily anti clotting jabs, daily blood draws, scans, transvaginal scans. They thought my waters had gone, but we are not sure as all bleeding and leaking has stopped. Just on bedrest and waiting for next bleed to see how bad it will be, baby is fine. Am 27+5 today, they are just taking it one day at a time to see how far I can get before bleeding again. Baby was measuring 2lbs11oz on Sun at 27+1 weeks so they are going to check me for diabetes in a day or so. Midwives, nurses and consultants are fabulous, can't speak highly enough of them. But just a waiting it out situation now.

March11 wrote: »
    So I am in hospital since Sun, brought in by ambulance with massive bleed. Major placenta previa �� Have had it all, magnesium to stop contractions, saline drips, steroids for baby lungs, 2 blood transfusions, 6 hourly antibiotics, daily anti clotting jabs, daily blood draws, scans, transvaginal scans. They thought my waters had gone, but we are not sure as all bleeding and leaking has stopped. Just on bedrest and waiting for next bleed to see how bad it will be, baby is fine. Am 27+5 today, they are just taking it one day at a time to see how far I can get before bleeding again. Baby was measuring 2lbs11oz on Sun at 27+1 weeks so they are going to check me for diabetes in a day or so. Midwives, nurses and consultants are fabulous, can't speak highly enough of them. But just a waiting it out situation now.

Oh wow, that's a lot you're going through. Glad baby is fine. Hope things right themselves and you get home soon. Hope you're feeling ok.

• Advertisement

March you poor thing hope you are doing okay, I'm sure you got an awful fright.

Done diddly squat myself, changed jobs so that's had me busy. Never did whooping cough on last pregnancy? Or glucose test??

Advertisement