Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early pregnancy signs?

Options
  • 16-02-2016 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this seems a stupid question; perhaps I am just looking for reassurance.
    For the last five days, I feel really odd - constantly nauseaus & off my food (but am not getting sick), totally exhausted, diarhea, headaches all the time. My boobs have been sore on and off and today I have cramps (but not what I get when my period is coming) and mild heartburn.
    It actually feels nothing like I have ever experienced before and I am paranoid, wondering could it be very early pregnancy signs. I recently began seeing someone and we have only been intimate a few times. We use condoms (for health reasons I cannot be on the pill) and I know I am probably being ridiculous but my body just feels so different to anything I ever felt before.
    I am 40, have never been pregnant but equally have never tried to get pregnant so am just not familiar with the signs. My period is not due for another 9/10 days so I......I really don't know what I am asking. Maybe if anyone has had early pregnancy signs like this? Is it too early to feel anything? I am seeing my GP on Thursday - again, for some reassurance. My big concern is that I am on meds that would be dangerous if I was pregnant so honestly, maybe I am just panicking but my head is melted! Sorry for long post but any advice, reassurance, personal experiences would be really welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Hi OP,

I've moved your thread to the pregnancy forum. Unregistered posting is also possible here but please be advised, their charter now applies.

Lucy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

maybe I am just panicking but my head is melted! Sorry for long post but any advice, reassurance, personal experiences would be really welcome.

Hiya, you sound worried sick. To be honest, everyone is different. Some women just feel they "know" they're pregnant, others have funny sense of smell, feel bloated, have sore boobs, some of the things you mentioned. From talking with many female colleagues who are actually trying to conceive, they sometimes get those symptoms before their period and then, they get their period, sometimes it's late, and it was just one of those funny months when hormones go a bit nuts and it delays their period etc.

No one can really give you much comfort here or anywhere, until your period is due and arrives, unfortunately. I know it's hard, but try not to drive yourself insane with worry, you either are, or you aren't and there is nothing you can do until your time of month arrives when you can then test and make an informed decision then. Personally even when I was trying to conceive I wouldn't do a pregnancy test until I was 5 days late, but that's just me, I don't believe in tying yourself in knots about stuff, when there is something you can do about it when you find out one way or the other. I hope you get the outcome you want, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for that very sound advice. I just needed to vent it out yesterday but feel calmer today and am just going to try not fret. I will see if the period arrives or not and go from there. I really appreciate your wise words though - they were just what I needed to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Apologies if this seems a stupid question; perhaps I am just looking for reassurance.
    For the last five days, I feel really odd - constantly nauseaus & off my food (but am not getting sick), totally exhausted, diarhea, headaches all the time. My boobs have been sore on and off and today I have cramps (but not what I get when my period is coming) and mild heartburn.
    It actually feels nothing like I have ever experienced before and I am paranoid, wondering could it be very early pregnancy signs. I recently began seeing someone and we have only been intimate a few times. We use condoms (for health reasons I cannot be on the pill) and I know I am probably being ridiculous but my body just feels so different to anything I ever felt before.
    I am 40, have never been pregnant but equally have never tried to get pregnant so am just not familiar with the signs. My period is not due for another 9/10 days so I......I really don't know what I am asking. Maybe if anyone has had early pregnancy signs like this? Is it too early to feel anything? I am seeing my GP on Thursday - again, for some reassurance. My big concern is that I am on meds that would be dangerous if I was pregnant so honestly, maybe I am just panicking but my head is melted! Sorry for long post but any advice, reassurance, personal experiences would be really welcome.

I'm not in any way medically trained, but I had a viral infection a few weeks ago that was very like what you've described. Could be that, or any number of other things, or it could be early pregnancy symptoms - a test when your period is due is the only way to tell. Your GP will hopefully be able to shed some light on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Honestly if your period is that far away it would be incredibly unlikely that you would be showing that many symptoms.
    Adenovirus is going around which causes 99% of your symptoms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

I'm thinking it's unlikely they're pregnancy symptoms as they'd be very very early.
    I know everyone is different but while I was trying to conceive I was looking for any signs at all with a fine tooth comb and had none whatsoever.
    So when I got a positive test result (after my husband persuaded me to do a test) I was totally shocked! Even though it was what we were planning!
    Try put it to the back of your mind til your period is due,hard I know, and if maybe do a test then if you're still feeling the same.

Advertisement