Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cros13 does some long range EV testing

• 16-02-2016 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭

So... I'm moving to portlaoise in April/May and my i3 will jump from doing 50,000km per annum to 70,000km.... Which has had me thinking about upgrading to a longer range EV.

It's a lot of money to upgrade and no matter what plan I go for I'm going to get hammered for depreciation on the i3.

So it makes sense to weigh the options carefully and gain some real world experience of longer range EVs before I jump in.

i.e. ROADTRIP!!!

So... on Saturday I'm flying to Florida and picking up a borrowed Tesla Model S P85+. My work is holding an employee conference (booze up) in Orlando for a few days. On the 24th ( Going to miss the SpaceX launch :( ) I have some actual work to do at our offices in Washington DC so I'll be doing a 1600km run up the US east coast:

hwld7r2.png

After work I'm taking a week vacation and heading down to South Carolina for the primaries followed by wandering around Georgia, Alabama and Louisiana for a couple of days. Then down to the florida keys / Miami (want to see them before they sink beneath the waves entirely) and back to Orlando for my flight to Dublin on the 5th!

I'll keep the thread updated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭oinkely

Happy travels,

Wouldn't mind if my work held a similar conference somewhere nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Some photos of the trip in Telsa would be nice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

I have bad news. The guy I was borrowing the Model S from just totalled it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

cros13 wrote: »

Haha insane mode??? Any pictures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

What a pity... Perhaps you can rent one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Rafal wrote: »
    What a pity... Perhaps you can rent one?

Only 85kWh rentals I can find are over $200/day and 3-4 years old.

Pity.... it was a beautiful car:

GlZqKCO.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

cros13 wrote: »

Oh no, Totalled a tesla? He must be gutted.

"totalled" :D

How about written off ? :)

Either way, a smashed Tesla is very bad news !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

Buy the "wreck"

Advertisement