Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty Book - About face : the smart woman's guide to beauty

Options
  • 16-02-2016 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

About face : the smart woman's guide to beauty / Aisling McDermott with Laura Kennedy

Has anyone read this... wondering whether to buy it or will it be plugs for insanely priced skincare and cosmetics that neither of the authors have paid for to try!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I won it. It covers all skin types and includes budget options as well as more expensive products. I don't know much about skincare really but they seem to know what they're talking about. I changed my skincare routine based on the advice in the book and my skin hasn't been this good in years. Maybe have a flock through it in the shop first before you buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I don't know about the book but I quite like their stuff in Irish Times. As far as I know they are big on cleansing and natural look. If you are looking for advice on contouring then I wouldn't go for this book.

BTW all reviewers get free samples. Asling wrote that she shares samples with friends and family and gets their opinions. She apparently insists on them trying one cheaper product with more expensive one. That being said I didn't notice any particular brand bias. So it's up to you to decide how much you can trust them but if you are looking for reviews from people who bought product then ask your friends.

Advertisement