Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR still owe me money

Options
  • 16-02-2016 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭

Long story shortish
    Eir released me from contract about 5 months ago. They did this because they started charging me for a higher contract and then lied about me agreeing to it. I disputed this so they replayed the tapes and came back saying I'd agreed to the new contract.
    I was very angry about this and new it was a lie because (which I now told EIR) I had recorded the call myself as I have prior experience with Eircom.
    EIR sheepishly agreed to re-review the tapes but hilariously came back this time and claimed they had lost the tapes so would have to take my word for it. More lies I suspect.

Anyway fast forward to when EIR agreed to cancel the contract and repay me you somehow decided to twist the knife and started charging me for equipment that I'd already sent back.

Now I have made countless phonecalls asking for the money that your company agrees you owe me (still getting bills showing ~-€210) yet I still don't have my money.

So. No more lies. No more delays.
    Where's my money?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Conar wrote: »
    Long story shortish
    Eir released me from contract about 5 months ago. They did this because they started charging me for a higher contract and then lied about me agreeing to it. I disputed this so they replayed the tapes and came back saying I'd agreed to the new contract.
    I was very angry about this and new it was a lie because (which I now told EIR) I had recorded the call myself as I have prior experience with Eircom.
    EIR sheepishly agreed to re-review the tapes but hilariously came back this time and claimed they had lost the tapes so would have to take my word for it. More lies I suspect.

Anyway fast forward to when EIR agreed to cancel the contract and repay me you somehow decided to twist the knife and started charging me for equipment that I'd already sent back.

Now I have made countless phonecalls asking for the money that your company agrees you owe me (still getting bills showing ~-€210)  yet I still don't have my money.

So. No more lies. No more delays.
    Where's my money?
    Sorry to hear of this negative experience Conar

Please feel free to PM me your eir account number and I will get back to you within 24hrs

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Conar

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Sorry to hear of this negative experience Conar

Please feel free to PM me your eir account number and I will get back to you within 24hrs

Thanks
    Al

Any update Alan?

Hi Conar

Thank you for taking my call. As I mentioned the cheque will be with you in 30 days. I can assure you that the application for cheque has been issues correctly this time and again, I would like to apologise for the agent error on the last application for the cheque and I would also like to offer a genuine apology for the incredibly poor experience you have had with eir over the past few months.

The reference number for your refund case is 2116646

Thank you

Alan

Hi Conar

Thank you for taking my call. As I mentioned the cheque will be with you in 30 days. I can assure you that the application for cheque has been issues correctly this time and again, I would like to apologise for the agent error on the last application for the cheque and I would also like to offer a genuine apology for the incredibly poor experience you have had with eir over the past few months.

Thank you

Alan

Hi Alan

Thanks for the call but I do not accept your solution. It's not ok that I won't receive my money until mid April.
    Your platitudes do nothing for my wallet and your company has taken money from me without my authority and has continuously failed to return it so I am at the point of considering this theft.
    Please have your manager call me as soon as possible.

Meanwhile you mentioned regulatory reasons for the delay in my money being returned.
    Can you please post links to the financial regulations involved so that I may verify that Eir aren't simply lying to me again.

Conor

Hi Conar

Thank you

Alan

Hi Alan

Thanks for the call but I do not accept your solution. It's not ok that I won't receive my money until mid April.
    Your platitudes do nothing for my wallet and your company has taken money from me without my authority and has continuously failed to return it so I am at the point of considering this theft.
    Please have your manager call me as soon as possible.

Meanwhile you mentioned regulatory reasons for the delay in my money being returned.
    Can you please post links to the financial regulations involved so that I may verify that Eir aren't simply lying to me again.

Conor
    Hi Conar

As I mentioned on the call I will be unable to offer you the reasoning for the 30 day process. I am aware my apologies are no sufficient however I can offer my accountability and I will ensure you will get the cheque within 30 days.

If you wish to lodge an official complaint to either eir or comreg you are welcome to do so. Follow here for options on lodging a complaint with eir: http://support.eir.ie/article/codeofpractice

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Conar

As I mentioned on the call I will be unable to offer you the reasoning for the 30 day process. I am aware my apologies are no sufficient however I can offer my accountability and I will ensure you will get the cheque within 30 days.

If you wish to lodge an official complaint to either eir or comreg you are welcome to do so. Follow here for options on lodging a complaint with eir: http://support.eir.ie/article/codeofpractice

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan

I disagree somewhat in that you mentioned both internal and external regulatory reasons for the delay and while I understand you can't send me any links regarding internal policies I see no reason why you can't post links to external (public) regulatory reasons for the delay.

So can I take it from your response that there are either no regulatory reasons other than internal procedure for the 30 days or that there are indeed financial regulations at play which you can link me to or detail so that I may review them myself? I woukd genuinely like an answer to this question so please provide one.

As for my second request are you or Eir refusing to give me the opportunity to speak to a manager on this matter? After all I have put up with for the last 8 months. (also would like this to be answered please)

As mentioned on the phone I'm perfectly aware that I am being demanding but I refuse to take 'sorry but the last agent made a mistake' any longer and I demand my money back now not in April.

Hi Conar

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan

I disagree somewhat in that you mentioned both internal and external regulatory reasons for the delay and while I understand you can't send me any links regarding internal policies I see no reason why you can't post links to external (public) regulatory reasons for the delay.

So can I take it from your response that there are either no regulatory reasons other than internal procedure for the 30 days or that there are indeed financial regulations at play which you can link me to or detail so that I may review them myself? I woukd genuinely like an answer to this question so please provide one.

As for my second request are you or Eir refusing to give me the opportunity to speak to a manager on this matter? After all I have put up with for the last 8 months. (also would like this to be answered please)

As mentioned on the phone I'm perfectly aware that I am being demanding but I refuse to take 'sorry but the last agent made a mistake' any longer and I demand my money back now not in April.
    Hi Conar

In Truth, I really am doing my best to help. I am aware you are refusing to accept my news and I fully understand your views however I cannot re-word or rephrase the position that the 30 day timeframe cannot be sped up and I have ensured the credit amount will be with you by cheque within 30 days.

Should you wish to speak with a manager you will need to log an official complaint (I have linked routes to do so above). Once the complaint has been investigated you will be contacted by a member of management. At present official complaints have a 20 day time-frame.

I am sorry to say there is nothing further I can clarify or advise beyond lodging an official complaint.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Conar

In Truth, I really am doing my best to help. I am aware you are refusing to accept my news and I fully understand your views however I cannot re-word or rephrase the position that the 30 day timeframe cannot be sped up and I have ensured the credit amount will be with you by cheque within 30 days.

Should you wish to speak with a manager you will need to log an official complaint (I have linked routes to do so above). Once the complaint has been investigated you will be contacted by a member of management. At present official complaints have a 20 day time-frame.

I am sorry to say there is nothing further I can clarify or advise beyond lodging an official complaint.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan

So let me get further clarification then. In order to have any chance of getting my money back sooner than 30 days I need to speak with a manager but can't do that without starting a complicated process of retyping all my issues for the last 8 months? On top of that it will take 20 days before they even see fit to talk to me by which point the 30 days will be nearly up?

How am I not being treated as a priority after all your company has done to deal with me so badly for the last 8 months?

Finally. Is the 30 day for my cheque and 20 days for a manager based on calendar days or business days because its rather disengenuous of you to keep mentioning this if it is in fact based on business days.

Hi Conar

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan

So let me get further clarification then. In order to have any chance of getting my money back sooner than 30 days I need to speak with a manager but can't do that without starting a complicated process of retyping all my issues for the last 8 months? On top of that it will take 20 days before they even see fit to talk to me by which point the 30 days will be nearly up?

How am I not being treated as a priority after all your company has done to deal with me so badly for the last 8 months?

Finally. Is the 30 day for my cheque and 20 days for a manager based on calendar days or business days because its rather disengenuous of you to keep mentioning this if it is in fact based on business days.
    Hi Conar

The time-frames advised are based on working days rather than calendar. I'm sorry if this came across and disingenuous, I have no intention to come across this way but I do apologise for the confusion caused.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement