Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any offers on trading up to the 30kwh Leaf at the moment?

• 16-02-2016 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Any offers on trading up to the 30kwh Leaf at the moment?

I heard there was one before Christmas that the upgrade to 30Kwh was free for existing leaf owners.
    Is this still the case?

Also what prices are people getting on them from the dealers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭yqtwqxqm

So I emailed all the Nissan dealers I could think of to ask them and not a one got back to me.
    And I phoned a few of them 2 answered and said they would call me back today but didnt.
    So here I am, cash in hand looking to trade up to the 30kwh and cant get into a nissan dealer because of work hours and none of them will confirm to me whether the upgrade to a 30kwh car is still free for existing owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

yqtwqxqm wrote: »
    So I emailed all the Nissan dealers I could think of to ask them and not a one got back to me.
    And I phoned a few of them 2 answered and said they would call me back today but didnt.
    So here I am, cash in hand looking to trade up to the 30kwh and cant get into a nissan dealer because of work hours and none of them will confirm to me whether the upgrade to a 30kwh car is still free for existing owners.

Did you try Paul Flynn from Barlo Kilkenny, 056-7722575? I know they are super-busy at the moment, as this is now their busiest time of the year, but I am sure Paul will do whatever is possible, if that promo is still running—the deal was that you would be getting a new SVE 30 kWh at the price of a new SVE 24 kWh I think. I am a pleased customer of his.

Rafal wrote: »
    Did you try Paul Flynn from Barlo Kilkenny, 056-7722575? I know they are super-busy at the moment, as this is now their busiest time of the year, but I am sure Paul will do whatever is possible, if that promo is still running—the deal was that you would be getting a new SVE 30 kWh at the price of a new SVE 24 kWh I think. I am a pleased customer of his.

I did. No answer from there either.
    Thats the deal im after. No point upgrading tbh if that deal isnt there anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

Sorry to say This reflects my experience of Irish Car Dealers, in General its like they are doing YOU a favour

• Advertisement

That was the first one I tried. I had no joy with it.
    It seems noone is prepared to say whether the free upgrade to 30kwh for current owners is still active.

We want to change the car soon and might just go with an ICE at this rate.
    The range in the current Leaf we have is just short of what we need it to be.

That was the first one I tried. I had no joy with it.
    It seems noone is prepared to say whether the free upgrade to 30kwh for current owners is still active.

We want to change the car soon and might just go with an ICE at this rate.
    The range in the current Leaf we have is just short of what we need it to be.

Ok, I did some digging through my notes. The offer of a 30 kWh battery option at no cost to existing Leaf owners is supposed to run until end of March. It is not possible to combine it with the scrappage offer, and you have to trade-in your existing Leaf. That's all I know. I am sure Paul will fill you in on the rest. PM sent to you.

Rafal wrote: »
    Ok, I did some digging through my notes. The offer of a 30 kWh battery option at no cost to existing Leaf owners is supposed to run until end of March. It is not possible to combine it with the scrappage offer, and you have to trade-in your existing Leaf. That's all I know. I am sure Paul will fill you in on the rest. PM sent to you.

Thats great.
    Thanks for the info.
    Anyone know roughly what 2012 Leaf with 40000kms on the clock is worth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Obviously these are garage prices so knock a few grand off..

http://www.carzone.ie/search/result/cars/make/nissan/model/leaf/min-year/2012/max-year/2012

Id say anything between 12/14

Excellent. Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

The "buy in" value for a 2011 SV is €10,500

A few of them got back to me yesterday so my wife going to Wexford and Kilkenny next week to see if she can get a trade in.
    Thanks to everyone for your help.

When in Kilkenny and talking to Paul, it might help with the deal to mention this forum recommended him. :)

Thanks. I'll tell her to do that.
    Am i correct to say that the 30Kw SV come with only a Chademo port and a 3.3 kw charger as standard?
    the 6,6kw is an option?

Also with the new Leafs is it still recommended to only charge them to 80% still?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Scottie99

A few of them got back to me yesterday so my wife going to Wexford and Kilkenny next week to see if she can get a trade in.
    Thanks to everyone for your help.

Did they mention any trade in figures for your old Leaf?

Scottie99 wrote: »
    Did they mention any trade in figures for your old Leaf?

Not yet. They would have been better dealing with me though. My wife drives a hard bargain.

Am i correct to say that the 30Kw SV come with only a Chademo port and a 3.3 kw charger as standard?
    the 6,6kw is an option?

Also with the new Leafs is it still recommended to only charge them to 80% still?

Chademo and 3.3: yes. No more advice on 80%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

Thats great.
    Thanks for the info.
    Anyone know roughly what 2012 Leaf with 40000kms on the clock is worth?

All bars
    Real retail Poor condition=10k mint condition=12k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

the 6,6kw is an option?

The whole charge to 100% is misleading as people are being advised lots of different things off different dealers.(as evs are new)
    Charging to 80% is better for your battery buy in Real life situation charging to 100% is fine. The LEAF has a poor range anyhow and trying to live on 80% when you need more is silly. The whole rapid charging and charging to 100% myths in Ireland are proved to be wrong. Leaving a car at full or low charge for extended times have been shown to degrade battery quality.

The 30 kw comes with 3.3kw but i would recommend a 6 kw. sitting at a charge point looking for a full charge could take 10 hours on a 3.3kw

mr.dunkey wrote: »
    The whole charge to 100% is misleading as people are being advised lots of different things off different dealers.(as evs are new)
    Charging to 80% is better for your battery buy in Real life situation charging to 100% is fine. The LEAF has a poor range anyhow and trying to live on 80% when you need more is silly. The whole rapid charging and charging to 100% myths in Ireland are proved to be wrong. Leaving a car at full or low charge for extended times have been shown to degrade battery quality.

The 30 kw comes with 3.3kw but i would recommend a 6 kw. sitting at a charge point looking for a full charge could take 10 hours on a 3.3kw

I would stay away from the fast charger as much as possible with the 2011-132 Leafs.

The current battery from 132 (July + Built) leafs is vastly more robust and time spent at a high temperature and how many times it;s charged when it's hot.

First bar lost around 75,000 Kms for many Gen I owners, that's about a 12% loss and a 2014 I ran leaf spy on had lost 1% or less at 61,000 Kms with over 1000 fast charges.

Charge to 100% when you need it, why when you don't need to ?

It's in the manual, charging to 80% is recommended, also time spent above 80% is recorded and it may or may not effect warranty claims how long it stays over 80% is also recorded.

They also advise people not to charge until the SOC is under 80%.

The yearly battery report monitors fast charging habits.

• Advertisement
Advertisement