Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paris Saint Germain vs. Chelsea - KO 7.45pm TV3/BT Sports 1

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Courtouis has been excellent all night and you could argue that this was an easier opportunity to stop Cavani there.

---

Michael Owen was fúcking desperate for an offside there. Not even close to being off. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Chelsea have their own private forum now do they? Very quiet here. Shame if true, always feel boards is a good spot to come for outside views and getting a good input from a cross section of fans. Plenty of fan sites around with forums dedicated to just the one team.

Anyway

Big moment in the game here potentially

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Costa is awfully greedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

wow so close from pedro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Not a bad result for Chelsea , good game overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Enjoyable game. Interesting to see how Chelsea set up at home now. PSG might soak up some pressure and catch them on the break. They're absolutely lethal in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

They really need to copy the rule from Rugby and have play end when the ball goes out of play.Farcical situation where PSG are on te attack about to put the ball into the box and the ref blows for full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Happy with that being honest. Could and should have been much worse in the 2nd half.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Happy with that now, could have been a lot worse and we managed to get the away goal. Normally, you'd be confident Chelsea could get a 1-0 at home but who knows this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Not a bad result, all things considered. Decent result away from home, and while PSG looked really good at times, Chelsea still had some chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Zlatan struts off with two Chelsea players jerseys :) Chelsea have to be happy on the whole considering that second half

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

That was real heavyweight top class European football. Chelsea did well there, up against it and they entered a very good performance on and off the ball. Tonight they showed that they can actually play ball against the top teams for periods of the game.
    I said before the game kicked off that PSG have a very strong bench and that's what won it for them. All in all though it's a decent result for both teams, the tie is still there to be won and that must be considered a good night's work by Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Great game. I need to watch more PSG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Willian is a serious player.

We'll also have matic and jt available for the return hopefully so we'll be closer to full strength.

I can see another extra time heart break for someoneat the bridge in a few weeks though.

We'll also have matic and jt available for the return hopefully so we'll be closer to full strength.

I can see another extra time heart break for someoneat the bridge in a few weeks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Good game. Think Chelsea did very well to hold it to 2, really looked like PSG were going to nab a 3rd there.

Zlatan is such an odd duck...great player obviously, but at times he seemed to just switch off. His mood seems to switch by the minute, from interested to disinterested and back again. A few minutes from time, the ball was played into him by the left of the box and he was just easily shrugged off it. Had he held firm there was a runner (Cavani i think) on the right side of the box he could have played in, but he just didn't look arsed.

Ivan at LCB was all at sea for the goal. Even though JT has less pace i expect a player with better experience at CB to deal with Cavanis run.

Still though thats nit picking as Ibra had a fine chance moments later, 2-1 is the best loss you can hope for in europe so its still all to play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah that is a good result for Chelsea. Win at him 1-0 and they are through which is all that matters in the end.

I think they'll have taken a bit of confidence from that too. PSG are a serious side and they were missing their first choice centre back pairing.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah that is a good result for Chelsea. Win at him 1-0 and they are through which is all that matters in the end.

I think they'll have taken a bit of confidence from that too. PSG are a serious side and they were missing their first choice centre back pairing.

I'd love to think we could win with a clean sheet but I dont think its possible at the moment. We still leak a lot of goals and we've only just got into a positive GD in the league after thumping Newcastle.

Between now and the return leg we've got

city (h) - FA cup
    Saints (a)
    Norwich (a)
    Stoke (h)
    PSG (h)

Pick up another few wins there, the City and Saints game being the most difficult and confidence could be pretty high going into the PSG game,. A lot of football to be played between though.

Advertisement