Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SD card preventing Windows 7 shutdown

Options
  • 16-02-2016 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Have an Acer Travelmate 5730 running Windows 7 Pro 64bit. Whenever I insert an SD card to use ReadyBoost, the system will hang on shutdown. If I remove the card, it will power off properly.

The only reason I'm trying ReadyBoost is that the owner is a bit strapped for cash so RAM/SSD upgrade is out of the question at the minute.

I've removed/reinstalled/updated the card drivers (O2 MicroFlash) numerous times but it still hangs on shutdown or log off screen.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Anybody got an idea? User is still having this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

MS don't provide command line tools for ejection so if you grab "RemoveDrive" you can write a batch script to
    do eject drive
    shutdown -s -t 0

and save the file on the desktop. Then the user can doubleclick that file to gracefully shutdown.

Advertisement