Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Horizon 2 - restore game data?

Options
  • 16-02-2016 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭

does anyone know if game data can be restored? I turned on xbox, selected fh 2, game sync bar came up, and for some reason, it has restarted the whole game from the very beginning! 7 months worth of progress gone. I have no idea what happened, and would prefer not to have to restart the whole game again.

I did do a "delete" data from local console, thinking it would sync from the cloud then, but no. sync bar came up alright, but game started from the intro again.

surely there's a way to restore the game data?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭gmg678

when the sync bar came up 1st time did you let it finish.

seems like you may of lost your save. this happen to me with a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

gmg678 wrote: »
    when the sync bar came up 1st time did you let it finish.

seems like you may of lost your save. this happen to me with a few games.

I let it finish - the sync bar has only started coming up in the last week or so, I never saw it before. This time around, it asked to sync from either the console or the cloud, but the date for both was the same. i figured the console was where it was stored, and the cloud was the back up, so chose the console. but game gone when it finished syncing and started.

I've been on to xbox support, they put me through a series of rebooting the console steps but that didn't work. next step is to uninstall and reinstall the game but I don't see how that is going to solve anything....

this is fairly **** - I really like the game, but having to restart from scratch is putting me right off...I don't get to play that often, so it'll take another 7 months to get back to the same level.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭gmg678

ablelocks wrote: »
    I let it finish - the sync bar has only started coming up in the last week or so, I never saw it before. This time around, it asked to sync from either the console or the cloud, but the date for both was the same. i figured the console was where it was stored, and the cloud was the back up, so chose the console. but game gone when it finished syncing and started.

I've been on to xbox support, they put me through a series of rebooting the console steps but that didn't work. next step is to uninstall and reinstall the game but I don't see how that is going to solve anything....

this is fairly **** - I really like the game, but having to restart from scratch is putting me right off...I don't get to play that often, so it'll take another 7 months to get back to the same level.

I know how you feel. have you been playing on another xbox one? I had to resolve that I lost the save data. if you enjoyed the game you might get back to it. I know what you mean not getting to play often.

Advertisement