Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of attic stairs

Options
  • 16-02-2016 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

What would be the likely cost for the break of the ceiling and simple wooden stairs to brought to the attic with associated joists work been done.

The attic is already floored and any associated plaster works and insulation I can look after.

Don't need banisters just a stair case coming up.

Any ideas of cost would be great lads.

831408102008207.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Going by what my sister paid for similar € 1,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

ted1 wrote: »
    Going by what my sister paid for similar € 1,000

€1000 too make the stairs( I assume these are all custom built and do the nessacary support works? I'm not a builder but would have thought it would be more expensive tho

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭An Cigire

I had guess between €2000 - €3000 for stairs and appropriate joist works..

Any other figures be appreciated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Prices will vary
    Around 2 grand all in
    Dont know if a carpenter is going to be too keen about putting in a stairs with no handrail or bannisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

endasmail wrote: »
    Prices will vary
    Around 2 grand all in
    Dont know if a carpenter is going to be too keen about putting in a stairs with no handrail or bannisters.

I know a friend of mine fitted a stairs in a house. there was a wall on one side . they fitted the stairs and the home owner was supposed to build a stud wall on the other side. they left out the wall to get the stairs in. they never built the wall
    anyway , a few months later the homeowners child fell and hurt herself.
    my friend got in trouble for not fitting a bannister . I think they went after his insurance. they paid out saying he should have fitted a temporary safety railing

• Advertisement

I know a friend of mine fitted a stairs in a house. there was a wall on one side . they fitted the stairs and the home owner was supposed to build a stud wall on the other side. they left out the wall to get the stairs in. they never built the wall
    anyway , a few months later the homeowners child fell and hurt herself.
    my friend got in trouble for not fitting a bannister . I think they went after his insurance. they paid out saying he should have fitted a temporary safety railing

I'll get the safety rail added cheers folks :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

endasmail wrote: »
    Prices will vary
    Around 2 grand all in

+1

No registered tradesman will walk away after fitting a stairs without the required handrail. You need to have the bannister and ballestrades at max 100mm centres.

Don't forget you also have obligations under Part A (Structure) and Part B (Fire Safety) after fitting the stairs up to the attic.

kceire wrote: »
    +1

No registered tradesman will walk away after fitting a stairs without the required handrail. You need to have the bannister and ballestrades at max 100mm centres.

Don't forget you also have obligations under Part A (Structure) and Part B (Fire Safety) after fitting the stairs up to the attic.

Thanks for that my roof isn't an an A frame roof it's three sided so I will need get additional work done most likely the side roof for head height off the stairs ..

Advertisement